Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game improvements for Monstrology and Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
I've been spending some time focusing on collecting minions through Monstrology and then trying to use them in different battles. Its been interesting and adds a new element to the game. But when using the minions, it can be quite silly how the minions lack any coordination. So it just becomes a waiting game for something useful to happen.

What if there were some ways to help direct minions? For example; when casting a minion, you could click on one of the enemies. Or maybe use the method like the newest spells that allow you to split the attack? Doing this would cause that minion to focus on the target selected. At least to start... I can understand if things happen during a battle that cause the minions attention to change. But this would allow at least a basic level of coordination. Maybe even allowing you to select yourself or teammates, so that if a minion tended to shield, boost, or heal, they would focus on helping the teammate selected when possible.

Maybe a modification on the idea would be a zero pip spell (like buff minion or shield minion) that allows the caster to redirect the minion attention during a battle... I think the minions have the potential to be very powerful. These changes would add a strategic element to farming using Monstology, and then arranging a deck and directing it during the fight rather than just waiting it out to see what happens.

Thanks,
Hunter