Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make shared banks.. well shared

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2017
Why is it called a shared bank if it only goes to one account? I think that your shared bank should be able to be shared between a family group of accounts.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2012
Well the shared bank is used to transfer things in between wizards on your account.

By example, if I want to give a mount from my Myth wizard to my Ice wizard, I can put my mount in the shared bank and access it with my Ice wizard.

The reason why we can't transfer things in between different accounts, family, friends or not, is because, people would just be able to give away things to random people. If it is even only to friends or family, who says that it is really a friend or a relative? The game can't be sure that this person is actually in your family.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Catherine UnicornShade
Level 88 Myth

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I think KingsIsle currently doesn't allow that because people would be able to get items that they didn't earn themselves. When you're sharing items between one account, KingsIsle knows that you've quested up to a certain point already (on at least one character).

I know some people have multiple accounts, but that's not always the case. KI's system wouldn't be able to differentiate between those two scenarios.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Vanessa Mythdust on Jun 21, 2017 wrote:
I think KingsIsle currently doesn't allow that because people would be able to get items that they didn't earn themselves. When you're sharing items between one account, KingsIsle knows that you've quested up to a certain point already (on at least one character).

I know some people have multiple accounts, but that's not always the case. KI's system wouldn't be able to differentiate between those two scenarios.

~Vanessa Mythdust
What i think he is suggesting and what i personally have suggested before is that you can only transfer items through linked accounts, like how you can transfer crowns, that way it will only be people who use 2 or more accounts who can speed up there progress and not people being scammed into giving items away or people buying items with real money.