Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 4/27/18

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2013
Make a boss drop Charmers Mystical Flute PLEASE!!!

Survivor
Mar 07, 2017
Transformations.

It hasn't been updated for so long. I hope that new transformations will be added. There should be many different versions of the same species, for example, there should be Sergeant Skullsplitter, Rattlebones, Shadowbones, etc under Skeleton creatures. More transformations will make the game more lively in my opinion. Maybe even add options to make the timer longer for higher cost.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2018
Would love to see an update to the games textures like in Pirate101.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I would love to see new quests that involve going to the older worlds.

Zeke has been consistent in giving quests on every world. His girlfriend the seamstress (name escapes me at the moment) finally gives us a quest on Azteca. I'd love to have quests from her on the other worlds as well.

I would love for Shelbus Gruffhart to have more collection quests on every world and not be limited to Firecat Alley. The artifacts could be actual items we see lying around (like the Zeke Quests and the flower quest on Azteca).

Echoing the idea presented earlier that the street layouts from Wizard City could be rebuilt to have some more unique identity.

Krokotopia could be expanded. Are there any close islands where Manders and Modern day Kroks still live. The entire current world takes place within a Marleybonian archeological expedition. And honestly, the world now seems small when compared with every other world on the Spiral.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
- Having the option to walk or run when not on a mount

- Mouth and eye movements for both NPC's and wizards alike. At least the ability to blink would be cool

- 3D affects on all the worlds
- Movement of the trees, grass and water ... with sound
- Making the clothes we wear socketable
- Swap gear between accounts
- It would be nice to be able to change our own name if we wanted ... say for 100,000 gold
- As a once a year bonus, all wizards who are members between a certain time get 30,000 crowns
- The pets say a few words when casting spells like "oh yeah", "there you go", "uh huh", "that's right", etc. That would be funny
- Sitting by the water and being able to put your feet in it
- Benches around Wizard City we can sit on and chat with friends

These are just a few thoughts I wanted to share. Ty for listening

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
All of the stairs in this game that are just drawings of stairs, not actually modeled stairs. Also the drawings of areas instead of the actual areas in Walruskberg, Polaris

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
(I hope what I'm about to say makes sense, I'm really tired lol)
I've seen this a few times but it's been awhile since I last saw a thread talking about this:
I wish the quests in our quest books were more sorted and organized. It would make it so much easier for everyone, especially the people who prefer to do side quests or have accidentally accepted side quests they didn't want. So basically, the new update would sort all of your quests and side quests into each world where they came from.

It would basically be like there's a side bar in your quest book where you can select which world you want to see and all of the quests you've accepted from that world will show up - or you could choose to select a 'show all' button if you prefer to just see all of your quests mixed in together.

Like for example say a wizard that's over 90+ has selected all these side quests from all of the worlds they have been too yet has never done them, along with the main story line quests they have to do, it could get really confusing and I don't know about other people, but I happen to get disorganized really easily and it can become frustrating searching through all of the quests I've accidentally picked up trying to find a main storyline quest.

So basically to summarize everything, I would love to see the quests tab in our books be more organized and easier to search through.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Try incorporating more quests involving friendly celebrities such as the event featuring Selena in 2010!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
ZHA Shadow on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
Some of the older textures in the game need a little bit of updating because they look bad. For instance, the prestigious gear set looks very low in resolution. I love the design of the gear but the bad resolution and quality is stopping me from stitching it. Small things like that would make the game a lot more enjoyable in my opinion. It doesn't need to be the best graphics in the world, it just needs to fit with where the rest of the game is now.
Yeah. I agree. I even noticed some textures in newer world still look a bit muddy when you inspect them up close. I think they may need to up their texture resolution a bit so they could look a bit more sharper & cleaner than before.

Even more, the NPCs, even the Ravenwood Professors, Ambrose & his pet owl, need their models updated to have individually animated fingers, eye movement, lip movement, etc.. They really need it.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards! The sun is shining, so I'm smiling! And since it's Friday, let's chat about something new, shall we?

Everything old is new again! On yesterday's KI Live, we talked about everything UNICORN (Dworgyn and I even dressed up!). We obviously already had unicorns in the game but we made the new Unicorn's Hoard pack extra special with that amazing mount, the adorable plushie, and all the rest!

So this week, my question is - If there was anything in game (MOB, NPC, Pet, Mount, etc) we could make new again, what would it be?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Professor Falmea, I've been waiting for this kinda topic to be discussed, and now, I can finally say what needs to be new again, and I mean there's a LOT that's gotta be new again!

There's the numerous bosses & regular mobs that are in definite need of massive makeovers to their appearances, because nearly every world in the Spiral, there are reskinned mobs that use the same old appearances from Wizard City & others, including...

1. The Cyclopes mobs in worlds
2. The Minotaur-looking mobs in some worlds
3. The Harvest Lord
4. Tomugawa in MooShu
5. The Fairy Queen. She really needs to look more like an evil queen rather than a regular Dark Fairy.
6. The ghosts that are all cloak and color seen in & beyond Wizard City. Many need new looks, too, even boss ghost mobs.
7. Foulgaze
8. The Elemental mobs. Really. Everywhere in the Spiral we go, we see the same old same old looking elemental mobs with near identical skins, colors, & names that show no serious uniqueness among others. Celestia, Azteca, Grizzleheim, Khrysalis, even Polairs. My eyes are getting tired seeing them everywhere in new worlds.
9. Treant mobs in different worlds. There's so many that have the same old appearances, even those in MooShu need to look very unique.
10. Youkai. He obviously looks like a recolored imp, so he needs a unique makeover to represent a more monstrous look in & outside of him.
11. Bunferatu. He looks the same as Nosferabbit. I'm thinking he would go with a far more darker grimmer look to better represent the evil he holds in his body.
12. The golem mobs. Honestly, there are plenty of golems in Marleybone that need new looks to suit the Marleybonean theme, including their Clockwork mobs.

And don't forget, the Ghost of Sylvia Drake in Dragonspyre. She really needs a brand-new appearance so she'll stop looking like the same ol' wraith Lord Nightshade lookalike copy.

I got lots more normal & boss mobs to cover, so this'll have to be continued when I gather more names of 'em.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Here are my thoughts on old is new again:

* Add more colors in Dragonspyre. Seeing nothing but red, orange, purple and red-orange thoughout the world is hard on my eyes. Plus soften the questing music so it doesn't sound so rough would be nice.

* Update the questing music throughout Khrysalis so it sounds more lively.
* update Life by giving it a permanent lower pip AOE spell for a higher survival rating while going solo. Casting heal takes pips away from attack spells. 2. Make "Pigsie" spell easier to craft. 3. Fix "Wings of Fate" spell so it's not DOT. The way it is now is pretty useless in a team that likes using " Feint ". Plus perhaps a buff on damage / heal all?

* Update Myth to make it great again by giving it a permanent AOE spell in higher level before lvl 100.
* Have the 1 and 7 day mounts timer counts down only when we are login to the game.

* NPC's lips moving and having facial expressions in the 1st and 2nd arc.

These updates would be nice to see. :)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
I would like my wizard made new again.
I know we have a barber shop coming, and hope it not only allows us to change hair to styles we already know and love but also that new options are added in.
I would also love it if we had the option to dye our wizards eyes and have a potion or two added in to shrink or grow the wizard to add more diversity and personalization.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
- It would be nice to do a remake of the waterworks gear so it doesn't look so, um ....harsh lol
- Facial hair options for guys and a little makeup for the ladies
- It would be awesome to be able to run around the spiral and disappear inside a wall we never knew about and find a completely different world from the spiral itself
- Redoing some of the side quest in the spiral so they have absolutely Nothing to do with what's going on in that world. Cause face it ... the repetition of going back to places you've already done over and over again for the main quest gets a little tedious at time

Just a few extra notes. Ty :)

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Actually, before I get to the numerous mobs & boss mobs that are in need of a serious appearance change, there are some things we need to make new again. Keep these heavily noted.

1. The Tutorial really needs to be revised so it would be slightly more streamlined, a bit faster-paced, and have unique mobs without using already existing past mob palettes, skins, & models.

2. The Great Spyre's final battle with Malistaire Drake in Dragonspyre needs a 2nd form, where Malistaire Drake uses his Krokonomicon and all of his magic to transform into a large, hulking dragon-like monster, have a few cheats, & and have new creature mobs with him. It wasn't a proper last battle with the 1st arc's Big Bad if we only get to defeat his only form. Plus, his last battle needs unique battle themes, one for his normal form, & the second for his last form.

3. The Great Spyre needs a major story questline, because, without one, us Wizards are pretty much lost without proper direction on where to go, & the one NPC I discovered that doesn't have a role needs one.

4. Morganthe's last battle in the Shadow Palace in Khrysalis needs to be revised to include a battle with her normal form before we see her monstrous form. Seeing her transform into a behemoth while sending her 4 duplicates that make for her form is too soon. Also, her battle needs 2 unique battle themes, 1 for her normal form, & the 2nd for her last form. Hope the same lackluster of epicness won't apply to the grand final battle with Grandfather Spider to come.

5. We need new boss themes played across numerous boss mobs through the Spiral's worlds, both shared & unique, just like how it was with The Rat before.

6. We may need new unique VFX in cinematics to replace some reused VFX for NPCs teleporting in to many quests. Just letting you know.

Well, I think I've got those outta my mind. Now, I'll post the list of mobs later before this topic is closed.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This is why I tend to like the "Feedback Fridays" so much.

It allows so many of us to chime in with our ideas.

Reading through all these and I have to say, the ideas are pretty good!

Some of which I strongly agree with.

So, while we continually continue to share our thoughts here and for future questions,

I'm hoping some of these ideas will actually make it to the Design and Creative Team at the meetings!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 29, 2018 wrote:
Here are my thoughts on old is new again:

* Add more colors in Dragonspyre. Seeing nothing but red, orange, purple and red-orange thoughout the world is hard on my eyes. Plus soften the questing music so it doesn't sound so rough would be nice.

* Update the questing music throughout Khrysalis so it sounds more lively.
* update Life by giving it a permanent lower pip AOE spell for a higher survival rating while going solo. Casting heal takes pips away from attack spells. 2. Make "Pigsie" spell easier to craft. 3. Fix "Wings of Fate" spell so it's not DOT. The way it is now is pretty useless in a team that likes using " Feint ". Plus perhaps a buff on damage / heal all?

* Update Myth to make it great again by giving it a permanent AOE spell in higher level before lvl 100.
* Have the 1 and 7 day mounts timer counts down only when we are login to the game.

* NPC's lips moving and having facial expressions in the 1st and 2nd arc.

These updates would be nice to see. :)
More update ideas:

* Please open the rest of Wizards City free to play to encourage news player to buy a membership by giving them a better idea if they like the game well enough to do so..

* The Request is growing from many of us wanting a 7th Character Slot. If the game does not allow this because it's an odd number, I'm sure we will be happy with a 8th slot. Professor Felmea and Dworgyn, Will youplease talk to us about this idea.

* Is there a way to separate PVP from PVE by something like realms? That way KI can adjust spells all they want for PVP without affecting PVE in the means to considerably decrease spell complaints from both sides?

Survivor
May 26, 2011
I think I would like to see the avatar (wizard) blink or add a shop where you can change what your wizard would look like. Because the wizards game model is quite old. Maybe different texture in the face.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If there was anything in game (MOB, NPC, Pet, Mount, etc) we could make new again, what would it be?

If it's not my imagination and some of the trees in Wizard City have begun dropping leaves ... then my wish is that many of our older trees used in decorating will begin to drop leaves/blossoms. For example, the autumn maple trees we can decorate with always dropped leaves, but not the Summer tree or the pink Cherry Blossom tree. Nor the Elm, nor any other tree type.

Going along with housing decorations, I'd love to be able to do mirror reversals. For balance and symmetry, sometimes I want to flip something around to its mirror-image opposite and so I can have two on either side. In other games I've played, while in decorating mode there was a toggle to reverse pictures, furniture, etc.

Thanks for asking us!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I just ran into Belladonna Crisp and I think you look a lot more like her than you do Prf. Falmea. Maybe something old can change to something new?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Ok, now I can get to the list of mobs, NPCs & bosses that are in need of serious appearance changes. Professor Falmea, even if I can't get to every mob, NPC & boss in time, I request that you and the talented wizards scour around the Spiral's worlds to give those Wizard City & other worlds lookalike creatures brand-new appearances, because I am getting too tired of seeing new mobs that have the same old looks from said worlds.

Now, here they are...

1. Bort Malletmane
2. Frithir
3. Keeper of the Fang
4. Defender of the Fang
5. Guardian of the Fang
6. Protector of the Fang
7. Pike Spiritcrusher
8. Ironsplinter
9. Grumish Greataxe
10. Smogger
11. Krag Stonechin
12. Wild Sunbird
13. Agony Wraith
14. Pops O'Leary (really needs to look a bit more adult with moustache & beard, honestly)
15. Akuji
16. Tortured Kakeda Soul
17. Grum Foultooth
17. Forest Pest
18. Deep Woods Imp
19. Flame Guardian
20. Flame Servant
21. Vault Haunter
22. Crying Spirit
23. Diseased Water Spirit
24. Wavebringer
25. Mossback
26. Mika Skarka
27. Ember Everburn
28. Enraged Kraken
29. Gloom Fairy
30. Befouled Woodwalker
31. Sprockets
32. Bellows
33. Burly Troll
34. Nirini Fire Spirit
35. Icy Ghost
36. Clockwork Wizard
37. Clonky
38. Lazy Henchman
39. Wildroot
40. Estrakir Gloomthorn
41. Mister Poole
42. Mister Utterson
43. Desert Golem
44. Veteran Sellsword
45. Nightmare Spirit
46. Grave Phantom
47. Soulsapper
48. Tempestra
49. Glacial Avenger
50. Half-Witted Skeleton
51. Kettlehead
52. Clockwork Warrior
53. Stoker
54. Creeper
55. Sand Witch
56. Blue Agnes
57. Clonky
58. Skratch
59. Skritch
60. Gyro
61. Jitterbug
62. Minute Man
63. Splinterbot
64. Ratchet
65. Gurtok Barrier Demon
66. Brown Recluse
67. Potbelly
68. Old Smokey
69. Screecher
70. Stray Sunbird
71. Tomb Roamer
72. Shield Skeleton
73. Seething Wraith
74. Orrick Nightglider
75. Warhorn
76. Foulgaze
77. Angrus Hollowsoul
78. Exploding Ember
79. Death Soldier
80. Rotten Scallywag
81. Tired Henchman
82. Gearhead (Boss)

To be continued...

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Got more on the way! Here they are...

83. Animated Lava
84. General Firetusk
85. Sea Lord
86. Hielo Spirit
87. Fuego Spirit
88. Firevein
89. Sunwing
90. Tempestad Dpirit
91. Pampero Spirit
92. Scorcher
93. Archmagus Lorcan (serious makeover, honestly)
94. Yogash
95. Skycreeper
96. Jungletooth
97. Helios
98. Jungle Wildclaw
99. Rubble Rousers
100. Sea Spirit
101. Junglethorn
102. Soultearer
103. Maelstrom Elemental
104. Drek Darktooth
105. Cave Golem
106. Algid Wyrm
107. Sundered Seam Guardian
108. Gurtok Firebender
109. Gurtok Piercer
110. Gurtok Demon
111. Tumok Gravelbeard
112. Sundered Seam Spirit
113. Broken Land Guardian
114. Broken Land Spirit
115. Shattered Sky Guardian
116. Shattered Sky Spirit
117. Burning Hate
118. Burning Flamewing
119. Boris Blackrock
120. Vengeful Fireheart
121. Hungry Soul
122. Foul Reaper
123. Sharpshard Warrior
124. Magma Fury
125. General Graystone
126. Armored Bonewalker
127. Ghastly Slave
128. Beghastion Crowcaller
129. Beghastion Fieldburner
130. Clockwork Defender
131. Irate Banshee
132. Earth Elemental
133. Lyon Lorestriker
134. Kogasha
135. Taurus the Clever
136. Ervin the Barbarian
137. Karuvian Scargiver
138. Barkskin Treant
139. Rogue Fire Elemental
140. Sand Behemoth
141. Water Servant
142. Rubble Reaver
143. Runed Annihilator
144. Wild Kraken
145. Scaldling
146. Woodland Watcher
147. Water Elemental
148. Lambent Fire
149. Lord of the Brocken
150. Spectre of the Brocken
151. Corrupted Water Elemental

Just to know, there are many spider mobs in many worlds that are in need of some appearance changes.

Hope I can get more in. If I'm too late to do it before this post closes, then I'm glad I got to say my thoughts on how old creature mobs & bosses should have new appearances, even unique ones.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
When I log off for the night, I put my energy gear on my wizard. Same old stuff I stitched a while back.
But going to sleep with a wand, sword or any of the other things is not so pleasing to me. I would love to have
a stuff animal to cuddle to, Teddy Bear or a stuffed gobbler? or a pair of glasses with a story book or how about a
blanket. Hmm, we can even get pajamas with bunny slippers with energy and a night cap.
thank you for all the improvements you have made, I can not wait to see what is next.

Survivor
May 29, 2014
yes, I can't say this enough, please make NEW school insignia gear! something completely new though, not copied out from another set of clothes in wizard101, something for all schools that is farmable, not too hard and looks good! thank you :)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 30, 2018 wrote:
More update ideas:

* Please open the rest of Wizards City free to play to encourage news player to buy a membership by giving them a better idea if they like the game well enough to do so..

* The Request is growing from many of us wanting a 7th Character Slot. If the game does not allow this because it's an odd number, I'm sure we will be happy with a 8th slot. Professor Felmea and Dworgyn, Will youplease talk to us about this idea.

* Is there a way to separate PVP from PVE by something like realms? That way KI can adjust spells all they want for PVP without affecting PVE in the means to considerably decrease spell complaints from both sides?
I completely agree with Mr. Ravenbane. Especially regarding the seventh character slot. I think that would be awesome and I know players have indicated that they would even put money towards that.

As far as PVP from PVE I think that the current implementation of having some spells be "No PVP" is fine, but that's just me.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Freshta on May 1, 2018 wrote:
If there was anything in game (MOB, NPC, Pet, Mount, etc) we could make new again, what would it be?

If it's not my imagination and some of the trees in Wizard City have begun dropping leaves ... then my wish is that many of our older trees used in decorating will begin to drop leaves/blossoms. For example, the autumn maple trees we can decorate with always dropped leaves, but not the Summer tree or the pink Cherry Blossom tree. Nor the Elm, nor any other tree type.

Going along with housing decorations, I'd love to be able to do mirror reversals. For balance and symmetry, sometimes I want to flip something around to its mirror-image opposite and so I can have two on either side. In other games I've played, while in decorating mode there was a toggle to reverse pictures, furniture, etc.

Thanks for asking us!

Alia Misthaven
The Mirror Reversal idea sound amazing if that is something they could do!

I also want to add that of all the original worlds- WC, KT, MB, MS, DS-

Wizard City is most likely to get an update and it should as it's the best and first priority. The barbershop/name changes would all be awesome! (New transformations would be cool too-maybe Moon magic could be expanded?)

Krokotopia-it would be awesome (as it's the most magic oriented in my opinion, and I would love to return here for higher level quests (after all a lot of Magic in Pirate that isn't directly Hoodoo seems to be Krokotopian in nature)

Marleybone's Empire is central to the story and it may be something that resources from Pirate could easily be integrated with?-I don't know the games could be run on different engines for all I know, but that might be an option?

Mooshu seems to be a lot of players favorite world, so it would be appreciated here for sure!

Dragonspyre is the world that needs an graphical update most of all. As Patrick pointed out and others before-it's a lot of the same and the quality isn't always the best in my opinion. (The dragon models scare me a little bit....and Avalonian Dragons look cooler, though I suppose it would be good to distinguish them from a Dragonspyrian Drake.) There is a rich history here as well, so much like Marelybone and Mooshu there may be some Pirate Resources that could be incorporated? And like Krokotopia-they have a history of Magic (they had an academy there that once rivaled Ravenwood) so this may also be a potential location to go to learn new spells etc? (Revisting old worlds in the Main Story Line? Perhaps we could do the much requested go back in time to visit DragonSpyre Academy in it's hayday and learn some long forgotten magic from our respective schools? We've visited Dragonspyre's past before and we are friends with some powerful Chronomancers from Mirage and I know learning spells from Pigswick and DragonSpyre Academies has been requested before too).