Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Creatures I Hope Make It To The Game Some Day

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
Throughout every world that comes out, I get a little dissappointed when a race or animal doesn't make it as an NPC for a fitting world. For example, when Avalon came out, I was dissappointed that there were no Squirrel Knights in a foresty world, or when Azteca came out there weren't any Apotosaurus (Long-Neck) Aztecosuars. So I've decided to make a list of animals that I hope come into some world in the future. This goes for either Wizard101 or Pirate101 as they exist in the same Spiral, which harbors a variety of creatures and races.

Animals for Khrysalis Part 2
Khrysalis is the home world of the Burrows (Deer Mice, and Sugar Gliders) and the Archna (Bees, Mantis, Scorpians, Spiders, Roaches, Goliath Beetles, and Milipedes). But I feel there a small group of creatures that could fit into Part 2 of Khrysalis that may or may not make it. I'm sure KI has already mapped out what's coming in Khrysalis Part 2, but this is just a list of creatures to provide a new blend of faces, over the ones we've seen in Part 1.

-Ants: I would be surprised if Morganthe didn't want these guys in the Umbra Legion. I can picture them as miniature Mantis models, but just as deadly. Plus ants are pretty good guards and hard works. I could expect them in the Cresent Beach, Iron Gates, or Kondha Desert of Part 2.
-Mosquitos: Mosquitos are really freaky-looking insects. Since most of Khrysalis is driving towards alien and strange, mosquitos fit the bill to me. Plus Morganthe could use them as Spies for the Umbra Legion
-Flies: Whether as a pet, mount, or NPC I think one Fly creature figure would be interesting.
-Centipede: Centipedes are fast, venomous and more aggressive than the slower, burrowing Millipede. Centipedes could be excellent warriors of the Shadow Palace.
-Water Striders Bugs: The Starfall Sea is an underwater area that I'm sure will appear in Part 2, however, I can think of a single creature that would fit in Khrysalis for such a place. Along with Water Spiders, Water Striders can walk on water. I think they would be a good fit.
-Ladybugs: Khrysalis is going for a more brooding style of Inscets for the Archna and I'll admit, Ladybugs aren't your first pick. But they could be like the Bees, and be an oppressed race in the Kondha Desert
-Butterflies: Yeah, you can never make Butterflies look menacing, but like the Bees, they could be another poor, tortured race of wanderers against the Shadow.

I have doubts that any of these guys will actual be in Khrysalis, but maybe for another bug theme world sure.

Animals in General
This is just a list of random animals:

-Squirrels
-Skunks
-Beavers
-Porcupine
-Possum
-Dolphin
-Octopus
-Squid
-Chameleons
-Iguanas
-Gazelle
-Wildebeast
-Baboon
-Cheetah
-Leopard
-Meerkat
-Seal
-Sea Lion
-Moose
-Crow
-Falcon
-Gerbel
-Hamster

I know KI has a certain amount of time, money, and planning that limit the things that make it to Live real, but I think it would cool to see some of this in the future. Thanks for reading!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I like most of your ideas, Finn. But not this one.

As someone who is terrified of insects, I don't like KH and can't look too closely at some of the critters there as it is. Dead stuff is all fine and well, but if there is one thing in our Spiral that turns the great Vonawesome into a little girl, it's creepy crawlies.

I think some of the other ones on your random list could be neat, though. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a porcupine whose quills were actually swords or something.

-v.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Dr Von on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:

As someone who is terrified of insects, I don't like KH and can't look too closely at some of the critters there as it is. Dead stuff is all fine and well, but if there is one thing in our Spiral that turns the great Vonawesome into a little girl, it's creepy crawlies.

I think some of the other ones on your random list could be neat, though. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a porcupine whose quills were actually swords or something.

-v.
now now you shouldn't be beating up on ideas. remeber von? lolololol

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I agree with von, i'm terrified of bugs. Butterflies and Ladybugs count, ladybugs are poisonous (not to us, to other animals) and butterflies, -shivers- do you know what one did in my hand a long time ago? But, I wouldn't mind a hamster or two... (or three, or four... thousand)

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 52 theurgist

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I agree with the V on this one. Bugs bleh! Insects should not be stronger than Zafaria animals either!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Dr Von on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:

-v.
Yeah, I see your point. Khrysalis does bring out the more creepy-alien side of the Spiral than most worlds (which helps it feel more like a completion to this arc since the questing is way more simple). I showed my sister Khrysalis a little while ago, and she was freaked out by the Mantises and Roach Warriors and kept calling the Burrowers Rats. The only creature she could really stand was the Sugar Gliders (but even then, she said the claws on them made them creepy). Also, I can't stand big or bulky looking bugs either (I see 1 roach and I'm running for the hills). So while Khrysalis is much more lax then past worlds, the inhabitors come back biting (literally) in the creepy factor. Either way, they are just suggestions. I'm pretty positive Khrysalis Part 2 will mainly consist of Ghosts, Scorpians, Mantises, Goliaths, Roaches and Spiders (and maybe 1 or 2 surprises).

Though I do hope in the future, KI considers making another bug-like world that's a lot less creepy and alien. Like Wysteria and MooShu, where the pigs in MooShu are very serious and menacing, while Wysteria pigs are much more calm and friendly...ish.