Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fun with mounts.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 22, 2012
The other day I was on my Hydra mount in Wizard City. A random little wizard friended me and asked me to join a group. Out of nothing more than politeness I said yes. Next thing I knew, this little wizard was glued to my Hydra. I hadn't expected this. I moved around a bit and waited to see if she would get off - she didn't. By this time I felt like I was wasting my time as I had stuff to do, but this wizard just wouldn't get off! I experimented by jumping into a battle with some creatures, but when the fight ended she just hopped back on again. I ported home - she followed me. I switched realms - she followed me. Eventually I started this chasing-type game where I was just frantically running around Bartleby with her following, trying to get back on my mount. It was actually really really amusing.
Anyone else got any funny mount stories?
Sierra Ashblood, Legendary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sierraisonfire on May 29, 2013 wrote:
The other day I was on my Hydra mount in Wizard City. A random little wizard friended me and asked me to join a group. Out of nothing more than politeness I said yes. Next thing I knew, this little wizard was glued to my Hydra. I hadn't expected this. I moved around a bit and waited to see if she would get off - she didn't. By this time I felt like I was wasting my time as I had stuff to do, but this wizard just wouldn't get off! I experimented by jumping into a battle with some creatures, but when the fight ended she just hopped back on again. I ported home - she followed me. I switched realms - she followed me. Eventually I started this chasing-type game where I was just frantically running around Bartleby with her following, trying to get back on my mount. It was actually really really amusing.
Anyone else got any funny mount stories?
I don't think that's funny at all really - annoying, yes. To get rid of her, all you had to do was unequip the mount, dump her and her group, switch realms and reequip.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I was playing in GH on my life wiz with another life wiz. As you may have guessed, a life team means matches take longer at this level. A storm told us we were noob and too slow and followed us around, jumping into our battles and killing all the enemies really fast.

We tried shaking her by going to a different realm, but she managed to follow us and continued telling us how noob life was and how she would help us lvl up quick.

She seemed awfully impatient, and yet persistently followed us around. My friend and I decided on a different tactic - we would slow down to a crawl, taking as long as possible to move around and cast spells and such.

This is where the Sloth came in super handy. Now moving at a glacial rate, we ambled eventually towards the next objective and then took our sweet time, towering up, healing, and generally not attacking until we had a full rack of pips and stacked blades/traps. After one battle, and a long saunter back to Vigrid Roughland, she abandoned us in disgust.

Haters gonna hate!

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
crunkatog on May 29, 2013 wrote:
I was playing in GH on my life wiz with another life wiz. As you may have guessed, a life team means matches take longer at this level. A storm told us we were noob and too slow and followed us around, jumping into our battles and killing all the enemies really fast.

We tried shaking her by going to a different realm, but she managed to follow us and continued telling us how noob life was and how she would help us lvl up quick.

She seemed awfully impatient, and yet persistently followed us around. My friend and I decided on a different tactic - we would slow down to a crawl, taking as long as possible to move around and cast spells and such.

This is where the Sloth came in super handy. Now moving at a glacial rate, we ambled eventually towards the next objective and then took our sweet time, towering up, healing, and generally not attacking until we had a full rack of pips and stacked blades/traps. After one battle, and a long saunter back to Vigrid Roughland, she abandoned us in disgust.

Haters gonna hate!
Lol :P that's really funny.
I don't like people who always feel the need to follow you and interrupt your questing when their "help" really isn't wanted. However in situations like this you've just got to laugh because they're just wasting their life :P

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I have a random story:

Before I got my Sabertooth mount (which I totally ) I had a camel. I had a camel because it was a desert theme, and I am balance. I ed my camel and I still do. But when I equiped it, I would always be questing or what ever, and random people I didn't know would always say "nice camel." And nothing else. I said "thx" and they said nothing. IDK if they were being sarcastic, and making fun of my mount (cause it's weird and not wizardy?) but everyone would always say "nice camel"....leaving me very confused

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I have one!

One I was with a friend in Grizzleheim. I was on her hydra and we and another person were farming. The dungeon was about six steps away... And the hydra got pulled into a battle, with both of us on it. This kept happening again and again, so I called her a "battle magnet."

About a month later, I had a multiplayer rhino mount that we were on- and THAT kept getting in battles, so I said, "Now I'm the battle magnet!"

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I was the stalker!!
So there was this guy named Wolf, and he had a worg while I had a stag. I was jealous ( I did not know I would get one later). So I friended him and I followed him all throughout Cyclops lane and kept on saying stuff and he completely ignored me so I stopped!!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
A friend of mine runs two accounts. She also has a hydra mount. We quested through Azteca together as a group on her mount. One day while in the Cloudburst Forest, I some how got yanked off the mount into a battle. She just kept going, not realizing I was no longer on the mount. I teased her by saying she pushed me off her mount on purpose just because I got a turquoise and she didn't. Even though we have finished Azteca we still laugh about that.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
I recently got the pygmy whale mount and for most of the day people didn't care about the mount. but later at night, I was in the commons and about 5 wizards the level of 12 or below came up to me and started friending me and asking for a ride. after a while I had to leave for my house bc they wouldn't leave me alone. lol :P