Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enemy Pips, to Wizard Pips. New Wands Please!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 05, 2011
Wizard101-Mooshu had to start off with one pip, while we went from 1-4 pips, which made the game more fun to handle. And now, we start off with 3-4 pips, while the enemies, well, lets just say 7-12 pips........

Over advantage much? From Dragonspyre to now Azteca, these people have at the most 3 times our pips.
We need new wands in the next world. As in we need wands that give us more than one power pip.

Such as like if we get a new wand to kill Morganthe, 70 Critical and Block, blah blah, etc. But with plus 3 or 2 Power pips. Which means if we get a power pip at the start of the battle, we will start with 6 or 8 pips, which not exactly evens out the chances, but it lessens the difficulty of the average monster we fight. (Because the monsters in the next world are most likely to start with 11-14 pips..)

KI, and other Wizards, please reply back whether or not this is a good idea.
Thank you for your consideration.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2008
I've thought that it would be cool to have the wands that were given in CL when CL first came out on the test realm. At some point in Azteca or in the future, I think it would be nice and helpful to have wands that give two power pips again, since we seem to be rapidly losing the upper hand.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think it's a tough call balancing out the starting off pips, but here's ideas on how I'd like to see new wands work:

1) more cards and dmg/card is a good idea. Like, I think right now the cap is like 130 or so for dmg on wands and 4 or 5 spells only. I think going back up to 6-8 cards that deal 150 dmg per spell would be a good idea, altho Im unsure how that would affect people with lots of cards from gear. Has anybody maxed out yet? You tell me, I've only ONCE used a square in the second row of my deck for item cards.

2) A nice addition to wands would be a Power Pip chance via the Pip-o-plenty ability. I'm not talking overpowering it, but maybe a starting level of like 6% and then have it go up as you get better wands. So:

L80 = 6%
L90 = 8%
L100 = 10%

with a cap of, oh, say, 15% or 20%, which if you go by 2% each time, would cap out at character level 150

3) Perhaps a wand that cuts back on how many pips you need to cast spells. So:

L80 -2 per spell
L90 -3 per spell
L100 -4 per spell

This way it's a graduated scale, and helps us out, but not outrageously. Either that or start everybody out at the same pip level and redo all the monsters so that they use the same measurements we do, giving them decks, gear and spell choices that make them harder as they go up, like us. Personally, the wand idea would be SO much easier lol

I'm sure I'll have some more thoughts, but comment at will

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Darken Guardian on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Wizard101-Mooshu had to start off with one pip, while we went from 1-4 pips, which made the game more fun to handle. And now, we start off with 3-4 pips, while the enemies, well, lets just say 7-12 pips........

Over advantage much? From Dragonspyre to now Azteca, these people have at the most 3 times our pips.
We need new wands in the next world. As in we need wands that give us more than one power pip.

Such as like if we get a new wand to kill Morganthe, 70 Critical and Block, blah blah, etc. But with plus 3 or 2 Power pips. Which means if we get a power pip at the start of the battle, we will start with 6 or 8 pips, which not exactly evens out the chances, but it lessens the difficulty of the average monster we fight. (Because the monsters in the next world are most likely to start with 11-14 pips..)

I dont have much to say this is very well written I agree.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Agreed a 3 pip or more wand is needed.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I definitely agree. We've been using the cheap +1 pip wands since Mooshu, 5 worlds back! Also, we're getting many new spells that cost more and more pips by the rank, so in a world like Azteca, we're definitely capable of starting a match with 5 or 6 pips. Actually, these wands were tested in the test realm before Celestia came out, but were taken away because KI knew the rants and complaints on PvP were going to blow up more than they already are. To respond to that, I'm fine with KI making our wands +1 pip just for PvP, but other than that we need better wands that'll give us more pips.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
Darken Guardian on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:

yay maybe a pack called hoard of morganthe while the at it