Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I have used Mangrove Marsh for Black Lotus, Deep Mushroom, and Red Mandrake.

Black Lotus: Relatively easy to find there, usually around the entrance and where you fight the Thunder Horn Ghouls for the first time.

Red Mandrake: Might have to realm hop more, but is definitely there. Around the NPC Ah Tabai Skyrazor, but look around more.

Deep Mushroom: Most likely the easiest to find in Mangrove Marsh. Close to the entrance, also found along paths farther away and by the dungeon areas by the Thunder Horn Ghouls, where there also is Black Lotus.

You just have to unlock Mangrove Marsh or ask a friend to teleport you there.

Hope I helped!

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
a new great place to look for stone block, ore, scrap iron, and comet tail is around moris at the shadow palace in khrysalis.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2014
wintermagic on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.
that happened to me with stone block, but you can buy black coal from elmer meadowgrass in olde town, and stone blocks are found in crab alley.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2014
what is going on in mount olympus i spent so much so much money time i cant tell what i went though to get all my reagents went back to get my upgrade to craft and then they don't have mine all the other schools are there but not mine.i really hope this is a joke

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
Kropotopia (not krokosphinx) is a very good place for parchment. Heard of it??

sabrina winterblade ice level 23

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
pablohosehead on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?
I had a piece of scrap iron once and i THINK it was a drop from something i defeated. P.s. don't know where tho...

sabrina winterblade ice level 23

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
Morgan Morgan wrote:
Quoted for Emphasis.

In my experience -- and mind you, I've spent a good amount of time in between encounters just running around collecting swag -- I'm finding that Mistwood and Mushrooms aren't really a problem. I'm finding lots of mushrooms all over the hallways of Krok, and Mistwood seems fairly plentiful in Marleybone and especially Grizzleheim.

You'll find plenty of Parchments in Krok. And I'm swimming in Cattails and Ore -- they seem to be found just about everywhere.

The ones that are a problem are the Stone Blocks (found in Krok and Marleybone, but very rare) and the Scrap Iron (OMG! Does this stuff even exist?!)

Scrap Iron merits its own paragraph: The stuff is next to nonexistent everywhere. The few I've found seem to be in Marley. In the several days I've been doing this, I think I've amassed a whopping FIVE of the things. And considering the Marleybone crafting quests require ... EIGHTY of them, it would be nice to see a few more available.
I HAD A PIECE OF SCRAP IRON!!!!!!!! I had no idea it was so rare!!!!

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
I need need need need neeed parchment to complete a quest that l have had for ages, where can I find it? P.S. Keep it within marleybone, krocotopia (spelled wrong lol,) grizzlhiem and wizard city. Haley Silver fist 21

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
Star4481 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
how does one harvest for rare gems, such as diamonds, or where can they be found w/o too much problem.

BlackPanther1648
Level 62
Ummm... I am not exactly sure but I have one. I am level 21 so go back to simple boses and see if they drop it.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I find a lot of mist wood on Collosus Bolevard, if that helps any

Also, royal hall is hands down the best place to get stone blocks

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
hey, i am looking for diamonds. i know that the duel master sells them, but i cannot afford it. is there a place that has them often? help!

Survivor
Nov 04, 2014
If you're needing diamonds like I did, you'll need to go to Marleybone and talk to Felicia Worthington in Regent's square and she can train you a transmute spell. You can use 15 ore to create a diamond in a card crafting station. Hope this helped!

Nathaniel Duskhunter

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
CryOfTheAlpha on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
If you're needing diamonds like I did, you'll need to go to Marleybone and talk to Felicia Worthington in Regent's square and she can train you a transmute spell. You can use 15 ore to create a diamond in a card crafting station. Hope this helped!

Nathaniel Duskhunter
thank you!

Survivor
Dec 26, 2014
dose anyone know where mist wood spawns in wc i looked every where i looked at tow guides and still haven't found it i looked and looked no mist wood. help

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I'm having trouble finding diamonds anywhere oh and it seems like you can find diamonds in the commons of avalon hope I could help and i hope someone can find a way to tell me how to get diamonds

LVL86 Lail Frosteyes

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
Hi,
I am quite educated on reagents from working on crafting quests. Here is a reliable list on where to find reagents:

Black Lotus- Zamunda Outskirts and Zamunda in Zafaria.( tons of black lotus btw there) for even more black lotus, you can realm hop.
Black Pearl- Definitely Transmute from Black Lotus. The vendor is in Celestia, Avery Templeton. You can try in the bazaar also, but they are very rare, so I would recommend transmute.
Gemstones and Perfect Gemstones- Definitely Celestia, the vendor Archytas(hope i spelled his name right)
Pristine Vial- Celestia, same vendor 500 Gold for one. Not a bad price at all for this reagent.
Scales- Celestia, same vendor, and also transmute fins from Celestia, Avery Templeton
Scrap Iron- Bazaar. You can find some in Marleybone, but Scrap Iron can normally be found in the bazaar.
Sunstone- Bazaar. They are very, very rare so if you queue up in the bazaar, you may be able to purchase some suntones. Also, you can transmute sunstone from sandstone. The vendor is in Celestia, his name is Avery Templeton.
Ok wizards, hope that helped

Survivor
Feb 10, 2014
if you are looking for tiny reagents you can find them throughout the spiral, but if you need things to transmute you can find the recipe vendor for cards at celestia

Thanks your trusty sidekick, Molly GriffinFinder