Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Ambrose possibly Evil?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, this has me totally wondering now.

Merle Ambrose did not fight Malistaire at all in the beginning, he sent you to do all the work.

Merle Ambrose did not fight Morganthe, he just sent her away, once again, leaving you to do all the work.

Now, wizards need strands of his Beard to craft new spells, but, when I go up to him and ask for strands of his beard, he ignores me, as if i am not even there.

Is Ambrose not supposed to be helping Wizards? Or is he really hoping that evil takes over the spiral, so that he can rule?

Makes you wonder

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Merle Ambrose did not fight Malistaire at all in the beginning, he sent you to do all the work.

Merle Ambrose did not fight Morganthe, he just sent her away, once again, leaving you to do all the work.

Now, wizards need strands of his Beard to craft new spells, but, when I go up to him and ask for strands of his beard, he ignores me, as if i am not even there.

Is Ambrose not supposed to be helping Wizards? Or is he really hoping that evil takes over the spiral, so that he can rule?

Makes you wonder
I think Ambrose is innocent. In dragonspyre when you have to fight malistaire, after ya kill him, Cyrus returns to Merle Ambrose and does whatever he needs to do.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lol. Leave it up to you to come up with something like this. I really hope it is not true for the simple reason, I would not want to have to go after him in some future world. He has had a lot more years and has studied every form of magic there is. HMMMM, that would be a battle that would take more than 4 of us in one duel if we are to survive. He would know every trick in the book and then some. That would take at least a 7 member team but might be best to make it 8 and have 2 Life wizards to keep everyone healed.

I think I will just forget about collecting any of his beard hair. It is not worth the effort. He might be hoarding the amber too. Come to think of it, it is strange that the reagent is Amber then look at his first name, Ambrose??????

He can keep his beard hair and the amber too. If he is that evil, I don't want anything to do with it. lol

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
I love it.

That would really be something.
An evil Ambrose, in another world.

Possibly a mirror image of Wizard City.
Heck, a complete opposite of Wizard City and Ravenwood.

Cyrus Drake could even be a nice guy in it too.

That I would love to see.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
mind= blown!!!

however, if merle is evil, we would have picked it up by now. you can't just drop this new villain out of the blue. KI isn't that insensitive.

Survivor
May 27, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Makes you wonder

I'd rather have Ambrose being controlled by Morganthe than Ambrose having some secret plan he isn't letting you in on to rule the Spiral, and your he's secret weapon

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Makes you wonder

:D
Being headmaster he is there to teach and guide. He does help guide new wizards against Malestaires draconians in the tutorial, so I guess that's something.
But yeah, he could have helped with Morganthe! sheesh.

Hmmm... things to ponder. ;)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I would prefer to think that Morganthe kidnapped Ambrose and is trying to find a way to use him against us. It would be our goal to defeat her and rescue him before she could move him to another Mastermind in the next Arc. Afterall, he is the one that is supposed to be guiding us to save the Spiral. OH HEAVENS, how are we to proceed without him? lol

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Yep. 100% Evil. Heartless man. Thought he was suppose to help save the spiral, but guess not.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
oyous101 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Makes you wonder

I'd rather have Ambrose being controlled by Morganthe than Ambrose having some secret plan he isn't letting you in on to rule the Spiral, and your he's secret weapon
But maybe in the dungeon in the future when we fight morganthe she will say that he just sent you here to just protect the spiral and your not special to him like a dramatic scene like sylvia and malistare!

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
he's a crazy old man. i mean when i walk around other schools like Pigswick they look like they aren't even trying to fight evil anyway. they look more helpless than adventuring. once again, Ambrose is crazy.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Merle Ambrose evil? No, no, it couldn’t be. Let’s think about this for a minute. Ambrose apparently has been around since forever, likely almost as old as Bartleby. After all, he was there for the rise and fall of King Artorius too wasn’t he? Perhaps it is that his age is finally catching up to him. He is so stooped in his posture, you know his back and joints have to be bothering him, and probably making him irritable. You’ve seen his shuffling walk in the tutorial, another sign of his age. He didn’t have to actually do anything to Malistaire there, because Malistaire left. With Morganthe, he did banish her. Was it because he was protecting his beloved Wizard City from her terrible rage and the destruction that would have ensued if he had battled her there? Or was it that he only does spells that he is still sure he can perform effectively at his age? Yes, he knows the spells from all the schools and probably more that we haven’t even heard of yet, but can he still perform them reliably?

Then again, there is that Amber – Ambrose thing. I did try to be helpful and comb his beard for him yesterday. Old folks tend to like help with simple hygienic things. I will admit he was rather uninterested in the whole notion. Hmmm, evil? Hmmmm….

Survivor
May 03, 2012
He can't be evil.
I think that he just got defeated by Malastare a long time ago so horrebly that he'll never risk it again.

And Amber can only be hrvested.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Wizty101680 wrote:
He can't be evil.
I think that he just got defeated by Malastare a long time ago so horrebly that he'll never risk it again.

And Amber can only be hrvested.

Actually, there is now a recipe that will transmute Amber, which calls for Ambrose's Whiskers. You would think, since it would help you, he would gladly give you some, or let you get some from his office, but that is not the case. Nope, he ignores you.

And, to get his Whiskers, you have to go to Powerful Dungeons that have Evil Forces trying to destroy you, such as Brisk Breeze, WaterWorks, Tower of the Helephant, Mirror Lake, and against Young Morganthe.

Now, why is Ambrose there? Why are his whiskers dropping in these areas? Is he collaborating with the evil forces? Is he conspiring and helping them?

Maybe Ambrose decided Morganthe was right and did teach her everything he knows and decided to join her. He is just using us to see if we can defeat her and become his most powerful apprentice.

(Kinda like what the Emporer did with Luke against Darth Vader)

Oh, I definitely see a storm brewing, I pray that Merle has not lost all his marbles and went to the dark side, but I am prepared to defeat him if it comes down to that. The freedom of all wizards is in our hands.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Aritako wrote:
Then again, there is that Amber – Ambrose thing. I did try to be helpful and comb his beard for him yesterday. Old folks tend to like help with simple hygienic things. I will admit he was rather uninterested in the whole notion. Hmmm, evil? Hmmmm….

That is odd. Maybe he is afraid too many young wizards will try combing his beard and is discouraging anyone from doing so. But I still think Morganthe kidnapped him. lol

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Merle is pure EVIL. He doesn't do anything for us. All he does is stand there in his office all day doing nothing...

He expects too much from us...

This is actually how the Tutorial is supposed to be....

Gamma: Quick young Wizard to the tower!

Ambrose: Quick Level 0 Wizard! Defeat these Master-level Draconians with these Level 5 Yu-gi-oh Cards!

Level 0 Wizard: o.o.....

Draconians uses Earthquake on Wizard

Wizard defeated.

Ambrose: MALISTAIRE! Ambrose uses firecat on Malistaire

Malistaire: o.o? Malistaire uses wraith on Ambroe

Ambrose is defeated

....Therefore Malistaire would rule the Spiral.

/Merle is secretly Malistaire in disguise and Malistaire you defeated in Dragonspyre is actually Merle and fake Ambrose used a evil potion on real Merle

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
In Icarus 3D on the Game boy 3DS, the goddess turns 'evil' in a chapter, only for Icarus to find out that she was controlled by an evil entity.

Perhaps something similiar could be applied here in Wizards. Perhaps in another world....

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I always thought we should defeat ambrose at some point...
Headmaster Ambrose
Rank 18 Boss
35,000 Health
??? School

HA! Now that would be awesome :)