Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are none of my topics being posted?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
So far, I've created two topics, and as far as I can tell, none of them have been approved. I've triple checked the Code of Conduct, and as far as I can tell, I haven't posted anything that was against it. I know that it's probably a bit redundant that I'm making a topic, about none of my topics being posted, but it's worth a try. My first thought was that it could be my username? Puredeath90 was the suggestion given my little cousin as I created this account. Since I couldn't think of anything better, I just went with it. (:P)

But then, I realized that whenever I comment on somebody else's topic/thread, the comment is published. So it couldn't have been the username stopping me from creating topics. Could somebody (Preferably a moderator) please offer any advice?

Thanks!
- (I would put my wizard's first name here followed by "the theurgist", but i have no idea if they think I'm telling them my real name. :? )

Administrator
This topic is the only one we show being submitted, young Wizard.

Feel free to attempt to post again, and remember to submit your topics once you're done. It's easy to Preview and then forget to submit.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Oh really? That's interesting. I could of sworn I submitted them. Maybe it was a trouble with my internet connection? Thank you for the help!

- Austin the Theurge

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
lol I have the same problem. I just figured the moderators hated me after my first attempt of starting a thread ... Eventually I switched to wizard101central.com to contact other players because unlike here where it takes from 2 days to 3 weeks (I know from experience), it takes 5 seconds after you post to have it show up :).

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Administrator
Mattimeo321 wrote:
lol I have the same problem. I just figured the moderators hated me after my first attempt of starting a thread ... Eventually I switched to wizard101central.com to contact other players because unlike here where it takes from 2 days to 3 weeks (I know from experience), it takes 5 seconds after you post to have it show up :).

Moderation on the Wizard101 official Message Boards is done by humans, and never takes 3 weeks, young Wizard. All posts are reviewed within 24 hours of posting, usually much sooner.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Mattimeo321 wrote:

Moderation on the Wizard101 official Message Boards is done by humans, and never takes 3 weeks, young Wizard. All posts are reviewed within 24 hours of posting, usually much sooner.
It will not be posted in 24 hours if they violated the board of conduct. If they did violate it shall never be posted.

Champion
May 03, 2011
If you read the Code of Conduct, you will notice that it also says that KI reserves the right to not post any comment for reasons of their own. In other words, you can obey all the rules (no bad language, no all caps, etc.) and still have your comment rejected. You will not know why, and they don't have to tell you. This is standard procedure for most company-run forums, so they are not being overly repressive or anything. It may be that the comment didn't add anything useful to the thread, or the thread topic wasn't something they wanted us to discuss right now, for whatever reason. I've had a few comments not posted for reasons that remain obscure to me.

That said, I've read and participated in several forums on different topics, and I think that, within this larger context, KI has pretty liberal posting standards. A lot of posts that are critical of the company show up here, and are allowed to go on and on (see posts on recent hoard spells, for example). I'm pretty impressed with the stuff they let us say here, so I can't really complain if a post gets rejected here and there. It's a good and fair forum overall, it seems to me.