Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Lion Ravager area in the Savanah

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
This area needs to be monitored or changed badly. Takes hours to get 8 items from the lions because so many people doing same quest. Then on top of that, having wizards stand in the middle of the battle areas blocking lions from entering the battles. Four wizards had to battle one lion for twenty minutes because of the other lions being blocked from entering battle. We ask those wizards to please move and they laugh. They figure if they block lions from entering the battle, then that battle will get over quicker.

Please look into this matter.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I think King Isle didn't understand the bottleneck they created with the Fire Lion Ravagers in the Savannah. There are four quests, almost in a row, that require Fire Lion Ravagers. And two of those quests are long collection type quests. Additionally, there are only two battle circles in each realm to fight them.

I suppose after the initial rush of so many legendary wizards who are starved for new material, then the absolute and utter crowded craziness of The Fire Lion Ravagers will mellow out.

P.S. I think there is room for 3 battle circles instead of just the two.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
I had the same problem! I was so mad so I deciced to just be thaT person who blocks them just to get in battle. :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jacobcady wrote:
This area needs to be monitored or changed badly. Takes hours to get 8 items from the lions because so many people doing same quest. Then on top of that, having wizards stand in the middle of the battle areas blocking lions from entering the battles. Four wizards had to battle one lion for twenty minutes because of the other lions being blocked from entering battle. We ask those wizards to please move and they laugh. They figure if they block lions from entering the battle, then that battle will get over quicker.

Please look into this matter.

I agree. The "lion blocking" issue is as bad as the situation involving wizards that diliberately enter your re-instance in the waterworks to reset it on you. It is a feature that allows other wizards to purposely sabotage your game play experience.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
One of my friends suggested to join with others in a group in that area. It works well, since one wizard can grab the battle and the others can port into their saved spots.

But grouping doesn't resolve the original problem. Oh well, it will thin out over the next couple of weeks, just like Celestia. Remember waiting around to fight sharks?

I'm so curious:

KI, how many legendary wizards have visited Zafaria since release?

Regards,

qbb/Iridian/Scarlet, Happy Zafarians

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Well, it wasn't that bad for me. The main problem here is the wizards blocking are either impatient, or have already completed the quest and are just blocking so they can help their friends. My friend told me on the day Zafaria came out(i didnt have sub at the time) that you couldn't even get in a single battle there were so many people!

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Now, I'm not sure about this, but from what I've seen, you need just the male lions. The Ravagers. But there is one whole extra area before the collection of male lions, that just has lioness'. I for one do not understand why they are there. I mean, you don't ever need to kill them, and they take up space that could be used for more male ravagers that we actually need to fight.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
Guys if this is a BIG problem for you guys why not move to another realm? I know it is most likely to be slower but if 4 wizards are battling one lion (not worth it) then it seems this would solve your problem. (I have no idea if someone said this) Good luck in Zafaria! :D