Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sultans Palace Shouldn't Have Music

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
With the update last night, the Sultans Palace now has the Wizard City theme song playing inside of it. I don't like it at all. It clashes with the mysterious rings throughout the palace, sounds bad in the treasure room, and overall makes the structure seem much less mysterious and magnificent. I liked it better when there was no music in the Palace.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
While it is miniscule it is true. My favorite house music of all was inside the ice house that seriously gives you a chill when you listen to it and it was awesome but the wizard city theme just gets so repetitive it can be a little annoying at times.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
While it is miniscule it is true. My favorite house music of all was inside the ice house that seriously gives you a chill when you listen to it and it was awesome but the wizard city theme just gets so repetitive it can be a little annoying at times.

It really ruins the Arabian theme.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
answer is simple
add some music that is Arabian music.

the flute and drums and the finger cymbals
maybe a sitar playing..no wait that Indy.

only thing missing
would be the dance of the seven veils
but this is a kids game
and we cant do that

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Egaad wrote:
With the update last night, the Sultans Palace now has the Wizard City theme song playing inside of it. I don't like it at all. It clashes with the mysterious rings throughout the palace, sounds bad in the treasure room, and overall makes the structure seem much less mysterious and magnificent. I liked it better when there was no music in the Palace.

I think it should have Krok music instead.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
i agree with all you guys that think there shouldn't be music in the sultan's palace i liked the cool sounds the palace made :-) now i can't stand the repeating wizard city music in it i now think the palace is a little dumb :( plz take out the music in the palace or i'm moving back into my massive fantasy palace

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
if sliding the music volume to zero doesn't get rid of the chime sound effects, you could do that...
maybe?
idk I don't have a palace.
just a suggestion until they get around to fixing the music.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Egaad wrote:

I don't have the house, but it does sound like pretty bad music to have in that house. It just seems weird to have a cheerful, happy song to play in an Arabian themed house. I think the song that plays in The Owsis (sorry, I have bad spelling) should be playing in the house because it actually fits the theme.

melcookie925

Defender
May 21, 2009
I agree with this post, the Sultan's Palace was much more mystical & mysterious with no music at all. It gave off an Indiana Jones type vibe, to me. And the sounds made you feel like you were exploring an abandoned palace in the sands.

I think that KI should doone of two things. One, remove the music completely. Or, make a cool Arabian mystical type music. It could have the Arabian flute & drums (I don't know the names of them, if you do just plz comment on this post.) I think either or would be a great comprimise that would make wizards happy.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I would just turn the music off and keep the sound effects on. It helps get rid of the cheerful music.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
Cinder234 wrote:
I would just turn the music off and keep the sound effects on. It helps get rid of the cheerful music.

Yes, but it gets a bit annoying doing this every time you enter and leave your house. Also, you can't do this for guests, so visitors to your house don't get the full Arabian theme.

I think the best solution would be to remove the music entirely. The mysterious chimes of the palace are music enough.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Interesting- I wasn't aware the palace had music but that is strange because all of my house make "noise" not music. Maybe a change would be good since so many people dislike it..

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
zebulous wrote:
if sliding the music volume to zero doesn't get rid of the chime sound effects, you could do that...
maybe?
idk I don't have a palace.
just a suggestion until they get around to fixing the music.

thats is an idea then play the kind of music you like

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
man3100 wrote:
i agree with all you guys that think there shouldn't be music in the sultan's palace i liked the cool sounds the palace made :-) now i can't stand the repeating wizard city music in it i now think the palace is a little dumb :( plz take out the music in the palace or i'm moving back into my massive fantasy palace

i think it sud have kt fhem