Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
I hope this hasn't been said before - I'm too sleepy to read this entire thread - but I'd love it if the appearance of the pet would change with its age. Say a heck hound might look like a little roly-poly puppy as a baby and teen, then get bigger or change colors as it goes to adulthood and beyond.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
Pets are the best!
I would like if the pets could fight in battle like a summoned minion, and fight alongside you and certain pets can cast different spells.
I also think that we could be able to do a pet pvp as well , we could battle and get the same amount of tickets and rewards as regular pvp ( suggested by mariegold62 )

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I would love it if I could feed pets without playing a minigame! It could still cost the same energy, so ther would be no advantage to doing it except that you don't have to spend time playing mini games. I'd much rather be questing, it is *much* more fun! There would still be an advantage to playing the mini games as you could get more xp per day, for those who like the minigames. For the rest of us though, advancing a pet would be much less painful as we could be doing something we enjoy to advance the pet.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I have a firecat named Whiskers since the start of a game. and i have been playing Wizard101 for a long time. He has been my favorite pet. I really like to train Whiskers and race in the pet derby and feed him snacks.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
I think it would be nice if your pet can use may cast heals like sprite on others to cause my pet always casts sprite even when I don't need it but my friend is defeated. And I need to search for a healing spell I wish my pet could heal them

-Logan nightbringer

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
I think that it would be good to decide your pets school

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
1: Putting gear on pets to boost abilities (collars for example)
2: Being able to bond with your pet. Bonding increases a "Friendship" meter. The higher the friendship meter, the more likely your pet is able to use a may cast spell.
3: Set your pet to 2 options: 1: You only. (Only casts may casts on yourself, unless it affects everyone) 2: All. (Uses may casts on a random ally)

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I love my pets, but my backpack is running out of room, and my castles are filled to the brim with pets. I would love it of there was extra pet places or something!

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Also, could you bring back the expired pets like the fog unicorn and the different dragons?

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
Hello Professor Greyrose! I thought of this idea: What if I could feed special but rare and expensive pet snacks to my "male" leopard Whiskers, and then his energy would refill, but you could only feed him one snack every three hours! Thanks for reading! Bye!

-Anna Firestone

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
I'd love to give them hugs and snacks, Pokemon-Amie style.

Nicole Skyleaf, Level 32

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
I think that there should be a way to race all your pets against each other in your own personal derby that you could place in your castle and invite your friend to race, too (I know that you can get a derby kiosk and place it in your house, but this one would be all your own to race your pets in).

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
1) You should be able to summon your pets as minions in battle and they could use spells like minions.
2) There should be a pet pvp place where your pets use spells and fight against each other and the strongest pet wins! ( this is a lot like pet derby, but it seems awesome)
Teach your pets tricks and when they get to their 100th trick they can use a new spell in pet pvp battle!
Maybe cool little hats for your pets like Viking helmets and baseball caps, it can be like regular pvp,
instead of spending tickets on armor you spend it on pet hats and it makes them stronger in the pet pvp battle! There should be pet tickets and you can only spend them on your pet, you get tickets from doing pet pvp battles, just like the same concept as regular pvp.
Courtney lvl 73

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I would not like to see anything change with the pet actions, etc. They are pets, not minions. They already help in battle. They are animated just enough so as to not be annoying.

But, I would like the training of talents to be a little more fair. When I start training a pet with five epic abilities, why do I always train in the useless ones? And by always, I mean I am on my 50th pet hatch with nothing more to show than a piercemonger. I have been at this for five months, numerous times per week. That should be long enough. So, absent those changes, I would say get rid of the pets. Respectfully, of course.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2013
Don't make it so hard to Lvl. up the pet in the final stage 2000 Exp. is a lot to get through let the pet get Exp. through the battles it is in with you so if you have two pets in you're pack whichever one that battles with you get's Exp.as well. They should get healing ability for you as a plus when they Lvl. up so when you get to Crystalist and have a pet that's been with you from Raven wood will help a lot in those battles.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
I think your pet should get bigger as it grows up and then eventually be a mount/pet. Then later on it could even become a minion.
The Wolf

Explorer
Oct 07, 2010
I would like pets to use an attack or summon a minion when below 90% health depending on the school of the pet.For example a mander minion for balance.or a snow serpent for 250 damage.
It only works for pets like Hydra,Wraith,etc

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I wish we could like train them until they are mega and the be able to ride them as a mount like i wouldn't say we would be able to ride a dragon freely (like mentioned before a while ago)but just as a mount such as a enchanted armaments that one wouldn't be used as a mount but as like a sword and shield for your hands. So that is my idea

Eric ShadowCaster level 70

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
I think you should be able to summon your pet as a minion to help you in a battle Just like a minion but instead it looks like your pet

Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
Yea I love my pet I couldn't ask for more it gives hydra mulligans reshuffle and gives conviction and it's a Pet so if you wanna hatch a pet I'll be one Tuesday September around 7:30 am so bye.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
I would like their to be pets that can be learned at level 100 and at lvl 84 also could you make the pet hatching a little cheaper like 20k gold instead of 30k if you do I would be online pretty much 24/7 and well... everyone will like pets better :) please take my ideas into consideration.

Jack Battle Haven lvl 28

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
It would be interesting if there was a Gathering Ability

1. Play a pet game
2. Feed a pet a snack.

Pet will not only get stronger, but it will also drop a reagent.

That would be pretty cool

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Jack BattleHaven on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
I would like their to be pets that can be learned at level 100 and at lvl 84 also could you make the pet hatching a little cheaper like 20k gold instead of 30k if you do I would be online pretty much 24/7 and well... everyone will like pets better :) please take my ideas into consideration.

Jack Battle Haven lvl 28
I don't know about lowering the cost of pet hatching, which I always get plenty of gold from farming for it. The capabilities of being able to lower the cost or accommodate us with more mega snack options through gold expense instead of crowns to reach mega levels on pets would be more beneficial to me. It's frustrating to get to mega and the pet picks up a selfish trait is just unthinkable and those traits should be removed at that level.