Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Player vs Player Message Board

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I wish that there were a certain level for when you can use pets in pvp or something where level 10 could only use an adult or ancient pet. Sometimes you only win with because of your pet and I just don't know if its always skill based.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
Has anyone notice that during pvp the spell counter actually takes away spells from you as the fight continues? It does not happen every time but in one match 25 of school deck spells were taken from me.
That is right, I was unable to use 25 of my spells in my school deck. A friend of mine noticed the same thing once I informed her of it. The problem is Kingsisle was notified over a year ago but they have done nothing. They refuse to tell me if it is a programmed pvp cheat or if it is indeed a problem.
Since they will not fix the problem [that is have the game allow me to cycle though all my school deck spells],I am forced to keep a reshuffle spell in tc as my tc seems to be unaffected. However, this puts me at a disadvantage if the reshuffle spell appears early as then I can not afford to toss it so I have to battle from only 6 available showing cards. Also, then I have to reshuffle earlier wasting pips. This happens periodically to me but quite often.
Does any one have a fix or have encountered this?

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Professor Grey Rose first of all how are you?
We had an issue lately regarding this Death juju spell spammer in the passed 3 weeks until now i fought these 2 Death they're names Haley and Austin at first i fought them twice without fleeing the game i tried all my skills to fight them and seems like nothing works against them because of there over rated carry of juju spell 30 juju TC and max juju in the regular deck that's 40 juju spell total over all, It's more than my owned spells attack to handle and there's nothing i can about totally ludicrous and sickening is just the ruined the PVP fun out of it matter of fact nobody in the arena cause of them until now.Please anyone has to do something about this now is an issue actually is getting out of hand lately juju spell has to limit the amount of use at least only 5 TC and max regular deck Please do something and please someone from kingsisle to come in the game to investigate and experience exactly what i 'm talking bout the agony to Deal with those Death Spammers that's no skill to me Please this asap right now the arena 2v2 match is dead because of the 2 death wizards. Anyone read this post,I dare anybody to experience to deal this Death 2v2 match.They're on right now!! go ahead take them down", if you folks can?

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I also have encountered death wizards in 1v1 and 2v2, no way to beat them. They drown you in juju and balance dispel, so you can not reshuffle, as their minions kill you. We did one 2v2 match took them 3 hours to kill us. The next day we tried again to get a 2v2 and again ended up with 2 death Jade/juju, this time we fled. We waited for them to get a match and tried again, ended up with another set of death wizards. I am a private facing these Warlord, because they are lower level and my pts have been decreased by these type of fights. They have over 1500 pts, and mine keep decreasing.
I think once a Warlord get 1000 pts in ranked PVP, they should not be allowed to do rank PVP anymore. After all they are not ranking, they are just collecting pts for the leaderboard. We need a new PVP for Warlords so they can challenge themselves for placement on the leaderboard. This would give the rest of us an opportunity to get a fair match and maybe it will bring more wizards back tp PVP. As of now, I don't plan to PVP anymore on my death wizard, just a waste of time.
Please KI, you have tried other ways of solving this issue, maybe this will work.
Other than that, I Love this game!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I feel that with so many new worlds and ideas coming out and with strong spells taking less time for certain school to do lots of damage I feel that with the pvp gear that they should allow people to craft the popular look's that are given the stats can be made for only the ranks of pvp but we should be able to craft the appearance of any pvp gear that ha's no stats am I right?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
you all missed your chance for the yearly section that opend up for idea's to make the game better or what new should be added. only like 29 people posted in the discussion myself included. this ended a week ago about. It is unfortunet because I see a lot of comments that should have been directed there to that discussion. Maybe! they can re open it again and get some of these pvp ideas for what needs fixing to improve the game. I think that would be amazing. xD

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
They need to increase the amount of points you win. Getting to warlord takes TOO LONG

Level 44 James

Survivor
Feb 01, 2017
PvP-Ranked
No PvP players entering tournaments/ranked matches around level 60
Seems as though PvP as well as the game in general has died off.
Name's Kenneth in-game.
I was wondering just why nobody seems to be appearing in the tourney's or ranked PvP, would also appreciate a good Balance level 60 PvP deck build.
Thanks -K

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Pvp is ruined. Death wizards spam Juju and they're jade, using life amulets, then they guardian spirit, then cast animate minions, then dispells. Can't the juju cost at least 5 PIPS? or be removed from PVP? and the guardian spirit can't it be removed from items and be just for life wizards? and the boom and gloom just costs 2 PIPS, what about sanctuary, why does it cost 3 PIPS while bloom takes health -60 to -75??? shouldn't sactuary cost 2 PIPS equally? or at least change the boom and gloom to 3 PIPS. life spells PIPS should be decreased, it's unfair.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Kendoll2017 on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
PvP-Ranked
No PvP players entering tournaments/ranked matches around level 60
Seems as though PvP as well as the game in general has died off.
Name's Kenneth in-game.
I was wondering just why nobody seems to be appearing in the tourney's or ranked PvP, would also appreciate a good Balance level 60 PvP deck build.
Thanks -K
Hi, and yes I agree with you.

I can only share why I don't hit up the arena for the last year;
Been doing pvp for 5 years (max level chars, Fire and Death) and the last 2 years on my level 60 balance (I only do 1v1 if that matters).

The problems I have personally encountered -

People are Boosting (which makes the Leaderboard completely useless and a Farce, which diminishes the sense of accomplishment - no one appreciates cheaters; pvp is competitive so we want some sense of gratification when we do well)

For the last year I only get matches against max level opponents (110-120 with shadow enhanced spells and stats that are impossible to counter no matter what anyone says, only being level 60)

The Jade/Juju is a little out of control.

Damage resist on the max level opponents, they just heal, never hit; 2 hours later you end up quitting out of Boredom.

This week I actually tried to do some ranked 1v1; 2 hours later in Queue, with no matches, I left.
I hope the Arena gets Revived soon; many miss it.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2014
y'all complaining about the pvp system to make it easier but honestly the game already is pretty easy and I think pvp is the only thing that takes a bit more skill so if they make pvp easier then what's the point of playing anymore ? I wouldn't want to play a game in which everyone is a warlord yanno... however I do agree they need to change the pvp matching system a bit though.. I'm a grand warlord and sometimes I get lvl 60 warlords with really high rank and of course I can never win those matches

Survivor
Sep 18, 2014
Also, when are they going to make a khrysalis , Polaris and mirage arena? I get kinda bored of fighting always in the same arenas

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I have a question

Why I got only 4 point after won in the match and if my opponents win they got 28 points??

Survivor
Aug 05, 2014
If the Ranked PvP system worked more like tournaments where you were signed to brackets, but these wouldn't give like 1000 tickets like regular tournaments do just the normal rank you'd gain in ranked matches. Couldn't this help solve the boosting problem? It doesn't have to be exactly like tournaments but if it had brackets. maybe people wouldn't be able to boost and people could actually earn their rank, I haven't really thought about It much but I thought I could suggest it.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Is there any chance of Death getting a 4-pip Loremaster-like spell in the near future?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
Defender
Nov 08, 2009
If I win, I gain 16 points.
if I lost, I lose 16 points.
Don't feel like I am getting anywhere
Would be nice to gain 20 points for a win and lose 16 points for a lost.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
I feel that Ranked PvP is kind of hard now a days. Even if you don't click on "try all opponents", you still end up facing people way out of your rank, and it makes me trying to rank up almost impossible. Not to mention the shield spamming from some balance and ice players, which I guess is a pretty good strategy, from the "helpful" minions that people spawn. I wish that you can't face any wizard outside your rank (so like a private can't face any other rank than private, etc.) and that there were timers for how many shields you can put up each round of the same kind of shield. Same thing with minions. There should be a timer after someone kills a minion that the other player has till they can spawn another. (So, the same shield can only be put on every two rounds, and a minion can only be spawned three rounds after the last one on the opposing side was killed.) I feel like this might help make the not so good PvPer's (like myself ) get a better rank. And make it a little more challenging for those wizards that relied on these strategies.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I recently tried pvp and was a great disappointment, the ranking system is horrible when it comes to matching you with another player, i did a few duels and it was all the same, i was matched with players who were way out of my rank, warlords, captains etc you name it i got them, lost every match and that was for the daily quest they have there, i couldn't win not even one, i got killed on the first hit on some, by a level 30...(Im level 58) but the thing is he was already a pvp warlord and i was a nub at it, this should be corrected to make the matches more even for everyone to enjoy or i fear many will stop trying like i did.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
I would love for use to have a new arena for the new worlds, like mirage :)

Survivor
Jun 01, 2018
Look man, i have spent so much money on this game since i was 12 years old. probably around 6 thousand all together with all of my accounts and wizards over the years. my recent wizard is a level 35 and i have been trying very hard to get her pvp ranking to go above 500. i choose the battles to be in my ranking and am thrown in with someone of at least three times my ranking, spells i do not have access to yet at my level and impossible to beat life and rank cheats. i feel as though i am being pushed aside and used as a stepping stone to a wizard who spends more money on the game to get a higher ranking quicker. the way pvp is set up now is not at all fair. i cant make my own match and i cant choose who i fight. im a level 35, trying to get my pvp ranking up by fighting a level 98?? how is that at all fair?

Victoria CrowBlood - level 36 Death ; secondary:Life

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
I'm a little curious why ranked matches require crowns as if someone looses, it could make them slightly annoyed and maybe infuriated (I hope not), the type of person who would think like this would want a refund on their crowns; wiard101 is an awesome game, so I don't want is to loose players.

that reminds me of something:
why did it get hot in the PVP arena after the match?
all the fans left

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
Hey people how you guys doing.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
Over the last several weeks, friends and I have participated in tournaments, where Diego has made some really bad final decisions that make no sense.

I have actually seen a couple of teams apologize for winning, knowing full well, that Diego made a bad call.

Perhaps the coding for Diego's decision making needs to be looked at. Several team members have suggested that Diego needs glasses.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I just saw a Balance level 100 rating 1821 VS a Storm level 130 rating 320, How is this fair?
I have been watching pvp, I can not believe the number of
Overlords rating 1100 or above VS privates rating 500 or less
This is not a fair match, the overlord might have less health and spells (they can still use tc for those spells they dont have) , But also has way more experience. In pvp experience is the KEY.
Solution to this problem.
Have a podium for Overlords.
Why are Overlords in the rank podium, they are not RANKING, They are bringing their RATING up, while sacrificing those of us that are trying to rank.
I would love to see this happen.