Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Ok, so everytime I try to hatch a cool new pet, I always end up getting my partner's pet or my pet again usually. So I am just wasting my money/gold on the same pet when I bought it for waayyy less. I am never happy with the resluts and I think KI should definately increase the percent of getting a rare pet or at least have a different outome (that's not your or your partner's pet) for everytime you make an attempt. Sometimes, I go to my friends house and I see all the rare pets she/he has and I wonder how she got so many. So some people aren't wasting their money? :x I have tried several times and always get a pet I already have. :( So, I also think you should make it so once you get a rare pet, you can't get that rare pet again. Or something like that. But please change the odds KI! Please and thank you! :-)

Olivia IceCloud
Lvl. 57 Grandmaster
School of Ice

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Only a few pet combinations may make totaly different pets.
If your friends have many rare pets then they did not hatch them. they either bought them, recieved them from a special offer, or fought bosses for hours, and hours, again and again, untill a pet was dropped.

As far as I can tell hatching is to graft abilities from rare or high pedigree pets onto a lower more common pet that you like.
It is also possible to cause fire pets to learn ice talents by hatching a fire pet with an ice pet. Most of the time that won't happen though.

Again hatching is a method to improve weaker pets or to create a pet with a "perfect" set of abilities.

If you hatch certain pets together you may get a hybrid, but most of the time you won't.
If you want a list of which combination of pets can, maybe, possibly, sometimes spawn a hybrid use the wizard communtiy tab on the left, select fansites and links, select links, click on the wizard101 central fan site link, and then look through the fan site forum in the pet section.

I hope that helps. If you have questions pleas reply.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I'm curious. With the complete randomness of the way talents are handed out, why would you not want to get another rare pet if you original got no useful talents or talents you consider useful? In order to make your pet better you would have to hatch with another pet to get the talents you want to.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Via87 wrote:
Ok, so everytime I try to hatch a cool new pet, I always end up getting my partner's pet or my pet again usually. So I am just wasting my money/gold on the same pet when I bought it for waayyy less. I am never happy with the resluts and I think KI should definately increase the percent of getting a rare pet or at least have a different outome (that's not your or your partner's pet) for everytime you make an attempt. Sometimes, I go to my friends house and I see all the rare pets she/he has and I wonder how she got so many. So some people aren't wasting their money? :x I have tried several times and always get a pet I already have. :( So, I also think you should make it so once you get a rare pet, you can't get that rare pet again. Or something like that. But please change the odds KI! Please and thank you! :-)

Olivia IceCloud
Lvl. 57 Grandmaster
School of Ice

You do know it depends on which PET you have on and the pet you hatch with, right? Here, read my other thread.

RockerMike123 wrote:
You get the same pet because, for example, if you try to hatch a Heck Hound and a Ice Salamander, then you get Heck Hound back, but with different Talents. You only get different appearance from pets when you hatch level 48 pets, or gift card pets. Mostly only level 48 and some promotional pets can hatch with the same group (Level 48 pets, and promotional pets) will have a different appearance. You should know that not every pet will give a different appearance.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
RockerMike123 wrote:
Via87 wrote:

Olivia IceCloud
Lvl. 57 Grandmaster
School of Ice

You do know it depends on which PET you have on and the pet you hatch with, right? Here, read my other thread.

RockerMike123 wrote:
You get the same pet because, for example, if you try to hatch a Heck Hound and a Ice Salamander, then you get Heck Hound back, but with different Talents. You only get different appearance from pets when you hatch level 48 pets, or gift card pets. Mostly only level 48 and some promotional pets can hatch with the same group (Level 48 pets, and promotional pets) will have a different appearance. You should know that not every pet will give a different appearance.

Gift card pets do not make hybrids.
The special promotional pets are not from gift cards. The special offers that give promotional pets are either: Wizard101 advertising on other media like magazines, television, or facebook. Sometimes Other companies advertise on Wizard101 in that case Wizard101 will tell you which site to visit and what you need to fill out to get the pet. The reason the promotional pets are special is because they do not make them again. You have to participate in the promotion to get one. If anyone could get one by hatching, then they would not be special pets. When promotional pets are involved in a hatch; neither player will get a copy of that pet, they will get a different pet, this keeps the promotional pets special.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
zebulous wrote:
Only a few pet combinations may make totaly different pets.
If your friends have many rare pets then they did not hatch them. they either bought them, recieved them from a special offer, or fought bosses for hours, and hours, again and again, untill a pet was dropped.

As far as I can tell hatching is to graft abilities from rare or high pedigree pets onto a lower more common pet that you like.
It is also possible to cause fire pets to learn ice talents by hatching a fire pet with an ice pet. Most of the time that won't happen though.

Again hatching is a method to improve weaker pets or to create a pet with a "perfect" set of abilities.

If you hatch certain pets together you may get a hybrid, but most of the time you won't.
If you want a list of which combination of pets can, maybe, possibly, sometimes spawn a hybrid use the wizard communtiy tab on the left, select fansites and links, select links, click on the wizard101 central fan site link, and then look through the fan site forum in the pet section.

I hope that helps. If you have questions pleas reply.

Yah, thanks that odes help, so I will look at the pet combinations somewhere. But I still wish that KI would change the odds or make a little bit more easier to get hybrid pets (rare). So thanks so much for replying to my message!

Olivia IceCloud
Lvl. 57 Grandmaster
School of Ice