Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does fire school find everything easy

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The more I talk with my friends when I play the more everyone notices that all their fire school friends find pets constantly, and even two at a time isn't at all uncommon for them, while the rest of us farm and farm and farm and never ever find pets. Want a character that can go through Malister one time and get their grand ring, grand athame, and grand robe all at once, then fire is definately the school to play. Want to find 20 some pets while no one else gets any, then play fire school.

I'm storm and a grand master, I can't rightly say I've ever found any pets on this wizard, maybe up to three but I think all of those were found on other characters I've started.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
ive noticed to. ON my fire wizard, i didnt farm fr these pets and i still got them on first try: lanthine spectre, ghoul, joltman, life minotaur, skeletal warrior, banshee and sprite in same battle, inferno cat, and the crab pet. on all my other wizard i had to work hard to get them

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seasnake wrote:
The more I talk with my friends when I play the more everyone notices that all their fire school friends find pets constantly, and even two at a time isn't at all uncommon for them, while the rest of us farm and farm and farm and never ever find pets. Want a character that can go through Malister one time and get their grand ring, grand athame, and grand robe all at once, then fire is definately the school to play. Want to find 20 some pets while no one else gets any, then play fire school.

I'm storm and a grand master, I can't rightly say I've ever found any pets on this wizard, maybe up to three but I think all of those were found on other characters I've started.

what are you taking about....

First of all, pet drops are random, we dont get pets just because were fire.

Second of all, same with the gm gear. all random.

lastly, the only pet I have EVER gotten in my first 10 tries is a krokomummy from the keeper of the fang, which is an exeptionally common pet drop.

fire school has no advantages about any drops.

why do you complain about something like this, I would think it would be a no-brainer. As long as you are level 10, you should know all drops are random.

i also would like to add that i got SEVEN snowcrushers galvanic shrouds before i got ONE mantle of embers.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

i agree fire does not have an advantage on getting pet drops i have faced a boss almost thirty times and still have not got a pet from it

lastly, the only pet I have EVER gotten in my first 10 tries is a krokomummy from the keeper of the fang, which is an exeptionally common pet drop.

why do you complain about something like this, I would think it would be a no-brainer. As long as you are level 10, you should know all drops are random.
i agree with you fire school does not get an advantage i am a magus pyromancer and i have still not gotten a pet from the black widow boss after about 30 matches :(

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
first of all fire does not have more luck then any one else getting pets i kow because i have a gm pyromancer and for almosts all my pet farming i had to farm 50+ so no being fire does not give you a better chance of getting something

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:

Trust me its not really fire its self its more like luck. i'm a master pyromancer and i hardly get pets from quest but when i do there rare. And i dont really see the big deal with getting pets, even if you get a great card off of it what are the chances your gonna get it in your hand. 8)

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I would like to contradict your statement. Well on pets only. I have spent all day farming Boris Blackrock in the Crucible and didn't get the fire snake yet I watched wizards walk up and get it on the first try. Now if we are going to talk clothes i got my grand hat and robe the first try and the boots on the second so I don't know really. You might be right.

Sean Ironflame Lvl 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer
See ya in the Spiral
and just a hint you might find me in the crucible lol

and btw I have NEVER had a pet drop :( :D

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
ok, im a master fire wizard, and i will say that the first time i did shirataki temple i got every pet you could, and same with boris, i fought and got pet first try, but all drops are pure luck i fought krokopatra like thirty times, and i still havent gotten the pet. same with lord nightshade, black widow, gurtok demon, sea lord, general akilles, keeper of the fang, alikane swiftarrow, and akuji

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
the idea of fire wizards getting better drops is rediculous!
my first wizard i ever made was fire. i made him back in october 2009 and to this day still have not gotten thegrand fire deck from andor bristleback. also i farmed a long time when the icezilla pet was being dropped in the labyrinth and never got it even though my friend who was with me (storm btw) got 2 of them.
i did get my grand robe my first try at malistare but i got the balance robe my first try with my balance too. so i know it is definately random

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

i also would like to add that i got SEVEN snowcrushers galvanic shrouds before i got ONE mantle of embers.

I don't know i happen to be a fire wizard and i've gotten A LOT of pets on my first drop. When i went through malistare's lair i got the grand fire ring, athame, but strangely not the robe (got it about the third or forth time going through). When i battled the bosses in the hall of valor i got life bat and death troll very first time. Storm cat in Gh first drop. Gurtock pet second drop strangely. Krockmummmy i got that thing So many times i had to sell a lot of them. snow serpent first drop, blue ghost first drop, i've never gotten rattlebone's pet. Banshee first drop. I could keep on naming pets for a long time. Storm serpent first drop, ninatour first drop, lava snake first drop. I think fire wizards are just generaly lucky, i know that it's all random and everything but how did i wind up with all this stuff the first time i did it? I have no clue.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Hey its me again. I decided to post this. I finally got the pet! :D
I even got the Skeletal Warrior pet and Life bat pet on accident while helping friends so yay fire! :D :D :D

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

I'm not sure if I believe you. I'll make a fire guy and test it out. :D

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
well im fire and i agree, i have at least 5 pets so far dropped. probably more

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
ok i fire and i try ten times on general greystone STILL NO PET me want CYCLOPES i already had a fight about fire yesterday on another post about gear and stuff