Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Endgame?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this game, and it was a nice surprise for me. It's pretty addictive and polished, and I find it enjoyable even though I'm an adult player
The question is: what's the endgame like? I've played some other MMOs, such as WoW, GW, LotRo and EvE, and I would like to know what W101 will offer me when I reach the max level.

Thanks guys!

(sorry for my bad english, but it's not my native language)

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
well, i am have many lvl 50 characters ( if you did not know that is the max level) and it's actually not as fun because you are basically doing nothing but well ... nothing. so please take your time slowly when playing the game and enjoy every quest you do. :)

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
Oh, and what do you do with a level 50 char? Just pvp? I think it would be great if KingsIsle added some pve endgame, because I'm enjoying the game a lot so far.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
Well, you really dont get anything. Basicly every item in the game is gotten by a code or by defeating bad guys. But there have been rumors going around that the final level for a wizard(level 50) shall soon be changed to at least level 70, so it might take you a while to even get to the end of the game.

Defender
May 29, 2009

There are a few things to do when you reach the max level for a wizard.

1. Help others. This is actually very entertaining and others will be very grateful for helping them with a difficult dungeon or tower. You can try different styles of play here that make it more challenging. I've gone through entire towers with people where I basically just do support roles (buff, shield, and heal, no attacks).

2. Farm for items. There are rare items such as housing drops (statues, swords, rare pets, etc.) that are worthwhile to collect.

3. PVP. Test your skills against another human.

4. Start a new wizard. There are 7 schools of magic; a single W101 account will allow you to create 6 characters. While the main quest storyline is the same, each school and their spells play a differently.

It's a great game. We all look forward to the next world coming out, but in the meantime, I think you're limited only by your creativity.

plowshare wrote:
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this game, and it was a nice surprise for me. It's pretty addictive and polished, and I find it enjoyable even though I'm an adult player
The question is: what's the endgame like? I've played some other MMOs, such as WoW, GW, LotRo and EvE, and I would like to know what W101 will offer me when I reach the max level.

Thanks guys!

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
carterma wrote:

There are a few things to do when you reach the max level for a wizard.

1. Help others. This is actually very entertaining and others will be very grateful for helping them with a difficult dungeon or tower. You can try different styles of play here that make it more challenging. I've gone through entire towers with people where I basically just do support roles (buff, shield, and heal, no attacks).

2. Farm for items. There are rare items such as housing drops (statues, swords, rare pets, etc.) that are worthwhile to collect.

3. PVP. Test your skills against another human.

4. Start a new wizard. There are 7 schools of magic; a single W101 account will allow you to create 6 characters. While the main quest storyline is the same, each school and their spells play a differently.

It's a great game. We all look forward to the next world coming out, but in the meantime, I think you're limited only by your creativity.

plowshare wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks guys!

From what was posted so far when I read this thread, I would say this is the best answer you have here.

Personally I like to use my Grands to farm for items like swords or housing items. I like to run a lot of dungeons over just because by the time you are a Grand it's so easy that you can really relax and do it while getting away from the crowds in the commons areas. Also I love getting even the drops that I don't intend to keep or use. I have earned enough on resale to buy 6 of 7 of the school-themed houses with just using coins! I don't have the Fire house yet as I am hoping it will go on sale so I can save on it Also been able to buy mounts with coins only.

Currently I am have been working on getting some of the special, fancy, low-level hats, robes, and shoes to stitch good stats into. You know; the stuff with the school themed icons on them?
Also I am trying to get all the statues I can on drops to display at my homes. And I like to collect dropped pets as well.

And if you are like me and get really bored after filling all the spots in your main account, then you can always add another account and make it all a family account and make even more wizards.

Yes, try not to rush through the game though; enjoy the journey. I just have a lot of time on my hands so I whip through here faster than most people.