Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No sidewalks...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
I just got the key to Marleybone, and I noticed..no sidewalks....Why is that? I have heard that Marleybone is the hardest world, but I do not think it is true. But I think it does need sidewalks, or at least something to keep from battling 'O leary's when you don't need to. :?

Shelby StormLeaf, level 31 Magus Pyromancer

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
There are several threads discussing this, such as:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/33363.ftl

From experience I can tell you that it is easier to avoid battles if you control your movements with a mouse instead of the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Also if you are riding certain mounts, such as the broomstick, you will probably end up in more street battles. You are better off walking than riding a broom in MB.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Most of Marleybone is played on the rooftops of buildings. Since there isn't a whole lot of use for a sidewalk on a roof, the Marleybonians didn't build any.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
hp1055cm wrote:

From experience I can tell you that it is easier to avoid battles if you control your movements with a mouse instead of the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Also if you are riding certain mounts, such as the broomstick, you will probably end up in more street battles. You are better off walking than riding a broom in MB.

Thanks for the tips, they helped alot. I got rid of my Shiftshadow wings, and it was alot easier for me..

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Starlights2234 wrote:
I just got the key to Marleybone, and I noticed..no sidewalks....Why is that? I have heard that Marleybone is the hardest world, but I do not think it is true. But I think it does need sidewalks, or at least something to keep from battling 'O leary's when you don't need to. :?

well, it is a waiting process and patience is needed. you havt to wait untill an enemy has completely went up or down a ramp so you can go up or down a ramp. once you have completed the ramp, you need to head over to the far side as much as you can and continue the process!

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:

Sorry, but I disagree big time! riding a broom is the BESt way to avoid battles. You travel faster, so there isn't a huge chance you'll end up in a street battle. I would know, I got a broom half way through MB and after that, I was barely in any street battles after I got it. But seriously, I do agree about the whole sidewalk thing.

-Madison Silverblade
level 47 pyromancer

Explorer
May 21, 2011
Starlights2234 wrote:

how to not less likely get in street battles in MB:
in streets of connected rooftops, wait on the side of one rooftop, till there are no enemies near the next bridge, then cross.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I agree because a lot of time i'm walkin on the roof with not much health or mana left and my potions are used up when i am somehow drawn into a battle. i also stick to the far side of the roof to avoid it. i am so happy i am finally out of marleybone and in mooshu.

-Brandon Shade Magus Necromancer Level 31

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I think that either the sidewalks are too small or the people's sensors too sensitive. I can stand in the same place for three minutes and not get caught and then suddenly get caught from someone. However, I get caught so much that some people say I should have a "getting caught" badge so guess I can't talk