Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone's side paths are not so safe...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2012
Hello,
I unlocked Marleybone yesterday, and had been going through its quests. But now, I am feeling the side paths of Hyde Park, Chelsea Court and all that are not safe. Though I walk on them I am caught. and irregular pattern of path also makes me fight a match. It's a big trouble for me. It's wasting lots of time of my membership...

Administrator
No they're not - did you expect there to be sidewalks on a rooftop?

Marleybone offers many challenges including teaching Wizards how to navigate through enemy territory without relying on 'safe' zones such as sidewalks.

Watch the patterns of the creatures and you will quickly be able to work out how to move through these zones - you can do it!

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on May 22, 2013 wrote:

Marleybone offers many challenges including teaching Wizards how to navigate through enemy territory without relying on 'safe' zones such as sidewalks.

Watch the patterns of the creatures and you will quickly be able to work out how to move through these zones - you can do it!
Just as the Professor stated....Take your time. Watch how the mobs move. Plan your moves carefully.
You can easily get through Marleybone without getting drawn into unwanted battles by taking your time.
This world teaches us patience; you will need it in future worlds. So slow down.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2012
Thank you, Professor and RavenLady. Now I will do my best to see the pattern and get through them...

It's Justin ÐragonRider Level 35

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
something I've noticed is that if you run (yourself or mounted) on the outer most part of the roof & planks, you can travel quickly and FAIRLY attack free.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
so did mine. i lost membership but now i got it back. i am an level 35 right now

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
I think the point is to get more cautious, and not rely on safe sidewalks, because in upcoming worlds, I bet it'll be like Marleybone.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Professor Greyrose on May 22, 2013 wrote:

And the slightest lag spike your caught. The monsters in pretty much all the worlds have seemed a bit grabby lately, and marlybone was especially bad.