Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone is a pain!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
I need help cause I have not played in Marleybone for like EVER! and I am playing my new character and i'm losing confidence for fighting there cause I feel like im gonna fail like always and die and die and never get on the top of Big Ben where meowiarty is...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RachaelKoo on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I need help cause I have not played in Marleybone for like EVER! and I am playing my new character and i'm losing confidence for fighting there cause I feel like im gonna fail like always and die and die and never get on the top of Big Ben where meowiarty is...
A little more information is required before we can help: such as your school, level, etc.
Marleybone can be a challenge, but it shouldn't be impossible. Perhaps you arrived too early or don't have your gear up to your level? Please give us more information so we can help.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RachaelKoo on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
First of all, young wizard, we do not die in battles we are defeated which allows us to return and try again.

Big Ben can be an undertaking I agree so allow for the time, if you have to sign off mid way you will loose your progress. The first time I soloed it I thought it was never going to happen but it did.

For this fight I fill my potion bottles and enter. I take each floor as it comes. I take advantage of wisp floors and use my potions sparingly. You can also walk back down for wisp floors if needed. If you are defeated, get the wisps you need and go back in, as long as you have not left for to long and no one enters with you your spot is saved for you just walk back up to where you left off.

Prepare you wizard with current gear, which I purchase from the Bazaar. Set you deck up so you have as few cards as you can to defeat the monsters on the way up - some floors have 3 monsters you must battle. Make note of the plaques against the wall at the doors as you get up a few floors, you will need these signs for the puzzle floor. On the top floor load extra cards in your deck and maybe even a few treasure cards and you should do fine.

Remember to: get the cat, the book and if you take the chests, the wooden, silver and finally gold one.

Help is rough to get but you can try switching realms or waiting a bit to see if someone comes a long. Random meet ups can be a hit or a bomb so you do take a risk.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
don't forget to mark locations too. If you should be defeated, you can port right back to where you were (or close to it). Also, when you fight enemies, if you beat one but one remains, when you port back, you'll only have one to beat next time

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Well, here are some Marleybone tips:

*If there is a hard boss you have to beat, get some friends to help.

*Get some powerful Treasure Cards.

*Always have all your potions filled up.

*Never ever give up! Marleybone is hard, but you can do it! "...With persistence, victory is assured." ~Proff. Greyrose.

I wish I have more tips, but I don't. I hope I helped you and have a good day!

"Your life is yours, and the only one who can truly change it is you."

Mindy Goldpetal, Magus Diviner

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
ok well, my new account is
lvl 32
its a storm
and i need more tips on better card decks cause
i get cards and i have to leave alot of the good cards out cause they barely fit

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RachaelKoo on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
ok well, my new account is
lvl 32
its a storm
and i need more tips on better card decks cause
i get cards and i have to leave alot of the good cards out cause they barely fit
Storm is a tough play for some because of the lower then most health issue.

As for deck set up you need to try to figure out exactly what gets the battles done and just put those cards in your deck, blades and wave come to mind for storm put a sprite in there or get some fairy tc's to fill in if needed. The object of it is with storm is hit hard and do it quickly. You don't have time to raffle though a bunch of spells looking for the right one to us.

As a challenge I have been soloing a storm wizard and got her so far to the Floating Land in Celestia. If I can do it any one can because I am by far not the best at playing this game, in fact if it ended with Krockatopia I would be happy.

Gear is extremely important for storm even early on - every 5th level or so i go to the Bazaar, sell of stuff and buy gear.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Don't forget you have a minion you can use to help you out.

Learn how to work with your minion - he's actually not that bad - and pay attention to what other storms are doing at your level.

If you haven't already, look at your training points and how you have used them. You can train life to Sprite to give yourself a second healing spell that you can also use on teammates and your minion. Think about training to Tower Shield if you haven't done so already, very versatile when facing mixed minions. It also gives you some cheap small attacks in a second school for getting around shields and resistance. Both life and ice attacks have better accuracy than your own.

Don't put all your spells in your deck - only put in a few copies of the ones you will actually use for sure. Take the contingency plan spells out of your deck entirely, add back only what you know you must have in hand at start to survive the match and win.

Before each and every battle, do a deck and gear check. Is this the right gear, wand, ring, deck, treasure card etc. to use for this match? This way you can make very small, compact decks with just the right cards to combat a certain school or strategy. You should never have to spend turn after turn discarding and passing - every card is doing something for you in that match, and you are doing something useful every turn.

This way you can hit earlier, finish off enemies before they destroy you. If you are passing and discarding you are losing the advantage of speed and high damage that storm naturally has. Likewise, if you are fizzling you are squandering your time advantage. Accuracy is probably the most important stat to work on early on - even more so than resist, because you won't find storm gear with global resist until you get to about level 55.