Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kensington Park... a wizard's nightmare!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
Okay, before I start complaining, just want to send a shout out saying that I LOVE Wizard 101. However, I find that Kensington Park is practically impossible. The street minions each have 2,000 health and they attack you three at a time (talk about instant death) and I have no idea how tough the actual bosses are, but needless to say I'm a bit discouraged about the whole thing. I'm stuck in the level that I'm in, and NOBODY is willing to assist (who could blame them?). Anybody else having trouble with it, or is it just me? I'm Ice, which as my fellow wizards know, isn't the strongest school, but despite all the shields and traps and boosts and charms I put up, it doesn't do much good. Any advice, welcome. Thanks!

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i tried to solo with a gm lvl 50 ice, needless to say i got owned on the first battle in a couple of rounds. Yes its hard, but if u can find a full team of gms you can prob pull it off

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
viradis wrote:
Okay, before I start complaining, just want to send a shout out saying that I LOVE Wizard 101. However, I find that Kensington Park is practically impossible. The street minions each have 2,000 health and they attack you three at a time (talk about instant death) and I have no idea how tough the actual bosses are, but needless to say I'm a bit discouraged about the whole thing. I'm stuck in the level that I'm in, and NOBODY is willing to assist (who could blame them?). Anybody else having trouble with it, or is it just me? I'm Ice, which as my fellow wizards know, isn't the strongest school, but despite all the shields and traps and boosts and charms I put up, it doesn't do much good. Any advice, welcome. Thanks!

Well it might be insane that the enemies each have 2,000 health but all I can say is either wait until you're a higher level or buy lots and lots of treasure cards. Because I've never been there so I don't know much about it.

-Talon Stronghammer level 30 Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
viradis wrote:
lol same here i am a ice wizard AND BOY DO I NOT WANNA TELL YOU HOW MUCH SUFFERING ME AND MY FRIEND HAD TO GO THROUGH we did not win we lost i will help u with my friend and we can just get this overwith meet me at MB and just say help me fight kengston park ok i will be there and at the server master ambrose and at digmore staiton meet ya there :-)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I tried this with 3 GMs. I am fire, ice and life. My son is fire death and myth, the other GM we had helping was life only. We couldn't finish it. We had a strategy and everything....we had one person that went from site to site and the others ported to the one that made it so there was less chance of getting caught in unplanned fights. We put the life guy last in case one of the other players died and he could still heal us. No dice. Maybe with 4 GMs it might be possible. Don't know!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
viradis wrote:

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
um well i need help getting codes but i just now that castle is there. and if people start telling me then i can be happy but i am not :-(. form emma storng blood

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
viradis wrote:

hi there!! Yea I know what you mean..i decided to do all my side quests since I am close to GM. And I went in with my henchmen...and then I got caught and I was like WOAHHH why is this harder than DS??? I mean...i wasn't too worried when I went in cuz MB is only the 2nd world (and when I went in I was a 48 so I wasn't too worried) but that is just impossible..i just fled cuz me and my henchmen were about to die :/ it makes me feel weak xD lol so it's not just you.

Iridian GhostSinger
lvl 48 Master Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING. kensington rocks! i have done it 30+ times. the only thing i dont like about it is that we should fight stoker at the same health

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
bobtiger wrote:
ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING. kensington rocks! i have done it 30+ times. the only thing i dont like about it is that we should fight stoker at the same health

I haven't fought this one yet. It say's it takes three hours to finish alone. I may never get to it that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long for battle. I am an adult, but I would never let my child on a computer for that long at one sitting. I have a major problem with this three hour rule. They need to at least fix it so you can go offline and start off where you finished. A lot of parents are going to have an issue with this time line. This is supposed to be a family friendly game but I think that time line is wayyyyyyyyy to long. I say no more than an hour and a half at the most. I am speaking as a parent.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
Kensington Park is NOT that hard if you know what to do. So here is what you have to do:

Requirments:
Level: 46 or higher
Amulets: have a variety of different amulets, Recommended: Troll Ear Pendant to boost up Pixie
Minion: Any school minion better if you have Sprite Gaurdian regular or treasure card form
Treasure Cards: I did not use any treasure cards in this dungeon but since you are Ice you should have some healing treasure cards some damage boosting treasure cards and sprite guardian.

I did this dungeon with another player who was Ice.
My school is Life so my experience might not work for you but will at least help you.

Things needed to know:

1-The Bosses are not much stronger than the street enemies
2-The street enemies move differently than in most areas of Marleybone, they move where players usually move so move at the middle.
3-Most enemies are storm so get myth treasure cards and get a myth sword because they boost to Myth and swords give one power pip instead of a regular pip.
*4-Do NOT throw away your wand spells they get rid of weakness which they like to cast a lot.
5-Kill the bosses first their spell are stronger.
*6-Plan your timing wich means enter battle with a boss when street enemies have passed that way you get less enemies wich save you a couple of round.
7-Do not shield on the first round because they can't do much with one pip do it at the second or third round.
8-Try to have your Rank 7 spell wich is obtained at level 48.
*9-Try to have a friend help you because if you die flee get Health and Mana quickly and port back
*10-Even if someone is helping you ALWAYS mark your position before entering battle.

First you have to beat three clockworks wich have 2,200 hp each then you are sent to defeat another clockwork which has 2,200 hp (more or less) then talk to a good clockwork that sends you to defeat Stoker and save H.G. Waggs. I do not remember how much health he has but he was not hard to defeat but then when you defeat Stoker earn the badge and think you are done you have to beat him again but a tougher version to get to him you must pass a gauntlet-like warehouse but you can leave and port back I do not remember how many rooms but they were about five and then the new and improved Stoker this time his hp is 3,700 and his guards are the same. Then once you defeat him talk to H.G. Waggs right there and you are done.
Note: All bosses are storm and only guards of two clockworks are Life the rest are storm too.

Gabriel StarCatcher, Grandmaster Theurgist
Hope this guide helped

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
This ain't no 3 hour dungeon, I have beat it multiple times. I would know!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
wow, that sounds terribly difficult. I've gone to kensington a couple of times and of course did not live very long. Still haven't finished sunken city either, but I'll get to that one before I get to Kensington. Thanks for all the updates.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
why can the kensington par k boss interupt my spells yet I cant interrupt his thats a cheap move in my book I understand its a challenge but the enemies should not have spells the wizards can not learn to counter and the boss firing 7 pip spells when it only has 2 pips thats bull also theres a few glitches in other area with enemies attacks not showing and damage not being calculated til next round or after battle

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
viradis wrote:
what Kensington Park. I've never heard of it and I'm in Big Ben.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
viradis wrote:

I can't do kensigton park cause once I went in there then i needed life so I got out and I didn't have the quest and couldn't go in. I'm just glad KP (kensington park) isn't mandatory,

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
;)I really cant remeber when or how i did it but it did it in one peice with two people balance storm just aviod the enemies !!!! i sometimes do it with a storm in their 40s it easy balance and storm are the best combo i am a grandmaster now i did it in my 40s btw :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-D

Hero
May 02, 2009
DarkMagedude wrote:
viradis wrote:
what Kensington Park. I've never heard of it and I'm in Big Ben.

Kensington Park is an optional MB dungeon (similar to Sunken City-WC and Tomb of the Beguiler-KT) that you can access through a side quest. Its one of the hardest dungeons in the game (yes, even grandmasters struggle with it).

The normal mobs have around 2,000 health, and like all optional dungeons, you'll most likely be facing 3 at once (with an exception of one boss in there, just wait for the minions to clear out of the area, then you can fight him by himself).

The majority of enemies (and all of the bosses) are storm elites (there's one type of death elite, which you face after defeating stoker's first form), and a couple of life elites.

Much like S.C. (sunken city), the final boss does not have a second chance chest (which is VERY annoying). But, each of his forms drop a pet (both are very rare pets).

What pets are they, I won't say, but you can look on wizard101central if you want.

Defeating this dungeon will earn you the Machine Master badge.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
I really dont think it is that hard . I have done it once and it was time consuming but not that hard. I did it with my life guy some where around lvl 34! The only person that helped me was my dad who used is grandmaster life and we soloed it easily ;) Here is what you have to do after you are out of potions go to a safe place and have someone stay and someone go to home and fill potions and switch so you stay there and other person fills potions(just make sure your friends). Then it is fairly easy 8)

Oran Stronghammer lvl48 Life

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
viradis wrote:

In my opinion, Kensignton Park is the hardest dungeon in MB. If you want to finish it i would suggest you bring your friends. Make sure you have shields in your deck. the minions in there have quite a lot of health and they tend to attack you several times. Trust me, the boesses in there are way harder. i did not do Kensington Park solo. I had 3 grands helping me and we managed to finish the entire dungeon. if you really want to do the whole entire kensington park dungeon be sure to bring at least 1 grand in with you. Hope this helps!

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
noyeh wrote:
bobtiger wrote:

I haven't fought this one yet. It say's it takes three hours to finish alone. I may never get to it that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long for battle. I am an adult, but I would never let my child on a computer for that long at one sitting. I have a major problem with this three hour rule. They need to at least fix it so you can go offline and start off where you finished. A lot of parents are going to have an issue with this time line. This is supposed to be a family friendly game but I think that time line is wayyyyyyyyy to long. I say no more than an hour and a half at the most. I am speaking as a parent.
its supposed to be hard

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I spent five hours in Kensington today.

I am not completely sure I finished it. There was no indication that the quest was over.

I did kill Stoker twice, but my quest book still said I had to kill Stoker. There was never anything else.

There was a teleport in the room with the second Stoker, but it only went back downstairs in his tower. We stood there not knowing what to do.

I went back through the whole zone, never finding anyone with a yellow exclamation point over their head.

This was really odd.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
What i did was port in when my friends were almost done, but that was just luck that that happened. My tips are to get the classic team (the classic team is a Death, a Life, a Storm [or Fire], and a Balance. [The other team is a Life, a Myth, an Ice, and a Storm {these are the best teams to use, by the way, and you should really only be using one of those teams for any challenging anything, such as brisk breeze, warehouse, and kensington}])

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
Ok i have done ken park many many times and to be honest, it isnt hard, me grand storm with grand storm , magus life and grand myth. there resist isnt good at all, and we made the life go first and we shielded her and she healed herself, we both lorded and he used earthquake and they were dead. stoker is just easy enough but OMG THE TOWER BIT GETS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING -.- but when you get to end you just might have a chance to get the new seraph pet :-D so good luck to anyone who tries ken park.