Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kensington Park... a wizard's nightmare!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

For those of you that are under the impression that Kensington Park is required in order to get out of Marleybone, It is not. It is required to gain certain badges.

It is one of the hardest dungeons that I have come across and can't be soloed. Look at it as a test to see how strong you and your friends are. But if you are already having a bad day, I would not suggest doing this dungeon until a later time because it can get very frustrating.

I did this dungeon with my fire wizard at level 35 along with 2 others, one of which was a Life wizard. It took us several hours to complete. This was over a year ago. I took this same wizard back yesterday at level 55 just to see how far I could go with her. HA HA. Got stomped in minutes fighting Skritch (2550 health) and his 2 minions (2300 each)

I have a Legendary Life that has not done this dungeon yet, but in order for me to complete the badges for her I will have to. Not looking forward to it either. But I don't like unfinished business. The unfortunate part is that I have other younger wizards that will be facing this same quest eventually.

By the way, if you have tried this dungeon and left, it will not remain in your quest log. If you will notice, most dungeon areas disappear from your quest log when you leave the area whether you completed it or not. All you have to do is re-enter the dungeon and it will be in your log. The only difference is that the person that originally gave it to you will not have the Mark above his head once you have activated it the first time. Not a problem. If you complete the area, you will still get the XP and credit for it. Most dungeons of this type can be repeated for additional drops and some even for additional XP althongh it probably won't be the same amount as the first time around. This is not true on the XP for all repeat dungeons only a very few and any added xp that you get will be a small amount just from the battles alone. If you look at the quest once it is in your log, you can see if there will be any xp as with a normal quest that you would do. Otherwise it will show "0" xp.

GOOD LUCK to those who are trying to complete this area.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Life
GrandMaster Fire level 55
and the rest of my wizards wish you luck as well

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
The first time I tried this dungeon, my level was in the mid twenties, I got owned in the first fight.

When I hid my mid-thirties, I lasted one fight.

The third time, I brought in my life friend. I was past level 48, she in her mid thirties. After the first fight, she completly changed her spells to be healing; I changed mine to attack and sheilds.

After that, it was much easier. Still incredibly long though, 2000-2500hp per minion takes a while to take out.

Still, we had a great time doing it.

Grandmaster Balance

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Update to my previous post. I took my Legendary life to Kensington Park a couple of days ago. My sister went with me with her Legendary fire. We managed to get through with only the 2 of us as far as the first battle in Stoker's Warehouse which has a few levels of it's own.

My sister had to leave after our first battle in the warehouse so instead of my wizard leaving, I decided to give it a shot to complet it alone. Even for a Legendary life with Forest Lord at hand, it was still very close considering there are 2 battles per level at this point. But persistance does pay off. I was able to finish the warehouse with half of my health 1605 of 3158 and 1 potion remaining.

I will be going back again soon with my Balance wizard who is now level 52 and with my sister's Legendary Fire since she still needs this dungeon for the badges.

I do suggest that if you can and you have to port out to heal, port to one of your castles then go to the Basilica in Dragonspyre to heal and fill mana and save your potions for as long as possible. It could make the difference in whether you and your friends are able to finish it together. Just make sure that if there are only 2 of you running, that your friend has enough health to keep them alive till you return. And remember that storm can do a lot of damage in a very short time.

Good Luck
Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Life
Grand Master Pyromancer Level 56 ( yes she did level again since my last post)

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
If you have crowns try buying henchmen at the crown store, you can only buy them during battle. You can get up to lvl60 henchmen, and you can only get then when your spell deck is on the screen, hit the shop icon @ the upper left corner
and look for the icon that looks like a wizard. Hope this helps. By the way the first time I went there at lvl48 I got wiped out in 2 rounds
:D

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
You know this isn't required right? I am level 35 ice and I didn't do it but I don't think you have to. Some is required like, big ben, ironworks, hydepark, chealsea court etc.
SIERRA PEARLSMITH!!!!

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
Hey I went through here with my Legendary Life and soloed it. It helps to have heals (no healing orbs floating about). Recommend watching the pattern of the mobs walking around. Follow them (yes, slow and grueling) and you will have to battle only the bosses. Easiest way for me to solo it. Bring the storm shields.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
viradis wrote:
Okay, before I start complaining, just want to send a shout out saying that I LOVE Wizard 101. However, I find that Kensington Park is practically impossible. The street minions each have 2,000 health and they attack you three at a time (talk about instant death) and I have no idea how tough the actual bosses are, but needless to say I'm a bit discouraged about the whole thing. I'm stuck in the level that I'm in, and NOBODY is willing to assist (who could blame them?). Anybody else having trouble with it, or is it just me? I'm Ice, which as my fellow wizards know, isn't the strongest school, but despite all the shields and traps and boosts and charms I put up, it doesn't do much good. Any advice, welcome. Thanks!

I HATE Kensington park. Its so hard.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Iv'e never been in kensington park but on wizard101 wiki it's VERY insain that monsters that are not bosses have 2,000 health.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
this place shouldn't be at Marleybone. anywhere but there because its way to hard for that lv span

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
Yep, yep, yep. Kensington Park is a dangerous and frustrating place. Fun, though, if a wizard is in the mood for a serious challenge.

I've been through KP several times with my balance and fire wizards. Last time, though, my Legendary Theurgist got absolutely STOMPED and I had to give up. Now that I've recovered from the the trauma, I'm ready to go again.

I'm willing to complete Kensington Park this weekend, Saturday or Sunday afternoon, EST, around 3:00 PM. My son (grandmaster pyromancer, Hunter Skullthief) and I would like to take a full crew of Life, Balance, Fire, and Death.

Find us on facebook, see my wizard signature for the search phrase, and hit us up for a group.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist

Do ya think you could hit me tomarrow morrning or anytime . I'll be on Wu or serph. try meeting me near 7:30ish I will help ANYONE who wants help.And I will be near the portal to Kensington. ONly this weekend.

Autumn Emeraldleaf Mastermind

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Well . i am a legendary pyromancer and i soloed the quest yesterday. it was a very long quest though ( reallytested my patience). The most irritating part was when the minions are moving in all the directions( imagine i was forced to duel thrice in the same place as my connectivity was too slow) .

But i want to share the following information with every one who wants to solo this dungeon.

As you move ahead and consume your potions and are down to using the last one, mark your location and teleport to Reagent square. Fill all your potions using potion motion game( it is faster) and port back. you do not need to start the dungeon again, even if you are the only one. but you got to do this process as fast as possible.

And for Every one who wishes to do this quest, wish you good luck .

Destiny Pearl Eyes
Lengendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
Yes.....Kensington Park is VERY hard..... I suggest that if you have crowns, or a minion card, then use them to summon minions or henchmen. But yeah its hard and not even me, and my lvl 53 friend couldnt stop Skritch.
Not my best advice, but thats what I suggest.

- Evan Darkblade, Lvl 43 Necromancer.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
Well, after a hard weeks work of knight's court tasks i made the grave mistake of talking to officer barkly and found myself in kensington park :(. Im a level 32 death wizard, 1340 hp and 127 mana. My strongest spell is animaite and up until now ive been able to solo every dungeon wizard101 has thrown at me ( just not sunken city, that place is a death wizard's nightmare ) and i really need help, i cant even make it past skritch. sp if anyone is willing to help please respond, thank you. p.s. my wizard's name is Alex soulweaver, and my second school is balance.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I m stuck as well on kensington park to.. and if anyone would like to help me with kensington park that would be great!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
viradis wrote:
Okay, before I start complaining, just want to send a shout out saying that I LOVE Wizard 101. However, I find that Kensington Park is practically impossible. The street minions each have 2,000 health and they attack you three at a time (talk about instant death) and I have no idea how tough the actual bosses are, but needless to say I'm a bit discouraged about the whole thing. I'm stuck in the level that I'm in, and NOBODY is willing to assist (who could blame them?). Anybody else having trouble with it, or is it just me? I'm Ice, which as my fellow wizards know, isn't the strongest school, but despite all the shields and traps and boosts and charms I put up, it doesn't do much good. Any advice, welcome. Thanks!

To viradis,
I will help you. I'm also Ice. Oh, also the bosses are hard. We'll freeze them all together! My name is Justin SandFlame. :D

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Ya it is a very tough dungeon, and takes over 2 hours which eventually seems like FOREVER!
I think KI should not offer the quest to people under level 42 so they don't think they have to do it. It could be a quest you recieve later in the game, like after you beat the Jade Oni.

My advice to you is to skip it until you beat DS or get to Grandmaster, then come back with some friends. I have survived it twice, once each with my Ice and Storm wizards. It is not the most enjoyable or rewarding dungeon around. I heard that the boss drops pets but neither I nor anyone with me got a pet.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
music130022 wrote:
viradis wrote:

hi there!! Yea I know what you mean..i decided to do all my side quests since I am close to GM. And I went in with my henchmen...and then I got caught and I was like WOAHHH why is this harder than DS??? I mean...i wasn't too worried when I went in cuz MB is only the 2nd world (and when I went in I was a 48 so I wasn't too worried) but that is just impossible..i just fled cuz me and my henchmen were about to die :/ it makes me feel weak xD lol so it's not just you.

Iridian GhostSinger
lvl 48 Master Necromancer
Actually, it's the third world, because Krokotopia is second and Krokotopia comes before Marleybone.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Don't worry, I'm ice too and once I first set foot in Kensington Park, I nearly fainted!

Haha ... just kidding! Don't worry, I'm fine.

Ok, so you DO NOT need Kensington Park to finish Marleybone and move onto Mooshu. It is a very hard dungeon that I, myself, only recommend for wizards level 40 and up, unless you have some really awesome legendary friends who are willing to help you conquer this seemingly impossible dungeon. :D

Yeah, each of the clockwork enemies who are roaming the streets have 2000 health and there's that unfair ratio where three can gang up on one wizard. I think they should make this dungeon a little easier too... but one way to avoid getting into battle is to stay on the sides. and I dont just mean running along the sidewalk, I mean hugging the edge. Literally! And if one of you (you should definately bring three strong friends with you in this dungeon) gets caught in a battle, have them flee the battle, regain their health and mana, and teleport to someone else in the dungeon with you, like yourself.

I guess this goes for other dungeons too, and thankfully, there aren't any dungeons as gruesome as Kensington Park in Mooshu, so don't worry!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Long, long ago, when my Balance was just a baby wizard (well, level 35-ish), I took her to Kensington Park- biiiiiiig mistake. I got owned on the first three attempts, and eventually gave up.

Yesterday, I took that same Balance wiz, who is now a legendary with epic powers of awesomeness, back through KP- one part wanting to see if it was as hard as I remembered, and two parts just really wanting the achievements/badges. I completed the instance easily, though it dragged on at times and I really hated not having the quest arrows to find those dang chimneys. :x It's a lot of pointless running around, and is very irritating, but not impossible... even if it does, at points, make Waterworks look like a cheap thrill.

If anyone needs help with this, I am in the Atlantic time zone and usually on the Lincoln server (or Wraith, if the first one is full). Happy questing!

Laura Shadowsong
Lv. 60 Balance