Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't speak with Walter Chaplin

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2017
Hello,

Professor Alstorm wants me to talk to Walter Chaplin in Marleybone but I can't.
When I enter the museum, I find him on the top of the right stairs but there is not interrogation mark over his head. I can only see his name but that's all.

I am blocked within my studies in the storm school because of that since several months now.
I even decided to stop playing because of that. I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

Can you help me please?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So this appears to be a side quest. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Swimming_with_Stars#axzz5qZ98uhIo

As such it shouldn't affect your ability to play the game. If memory serves this was once a quest before Celestia was fully released to retrieve the Spiral Key to Celestia, however, this quest is not needed and you should be able to proceed to Celestia directly by talking with Ambrose. Assuming you are level 44 and have defeated Malistaire Drake in Dragonspyre (http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Final_Countdown#axzz5qZ98uhIo)

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
KhalysKuranix on Jun 11, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

Professor Alstorm wants me to talk to Walter Chaplin in Marleybone but I can't.
When I enter the museum, I find him on the top of the right stairs but there is not interrogation mark over his head. I can only see his name but that's all.

I am blocked within my studies in the storm school because of that since several months now.
I even decided to stop playing because of that. I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

Can you help me please?
Hi KhalysKuranix, I'm so so sorry you've been having this issue . It's sad to see a Wizard struggling with this while trying to enjoy the game..

The good news is that the quest Halestrom is sending you to get from Walter Chaplain is a side quest for the Spiral Geographic Key. Many updates ago you had to complete this Dungeon in order to unlock Celestia, but that is no longer the case. Celestia now opens automatically. Many Wizards choose to skip this side quest, but it is a fun Dungeon if you wish to complete it.

The inability to complete this quest shouldn't keep you from completing your main quest. Your main quest should lead you right past this and straight into Celestia. In your quest book, you will find your main quest marked with stars in the corners.

If you still want to complete this challenging side Dungeon, the best thing to figure out why this NPC won't appear is to email support.

I've turned on 'watch topic' so I can reply to you here as needed and to be sure you are on your way with your studies .

Email: support@wizard101.com

- Nathan