Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How tall is Big Ben?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
I just tried to do Big Ben and I finally just walked out because I was falling asleep! I know, I know, it's a dungeon. So I'll do it again. But I'm confused. How many people do I have to fight? Seems like there's an awful lot of levels, and my quest arrow keeps pointing to the side like Meowiarty is over the rail somewhere. I got the key, opened a chest, gold, treasure card, no spilled milk, stepped on the right trap doors, silver chest, and there's MORE people to fight? Am I missing something? Oh wait.....does Big Ben stretch all the way to Mooshu?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I just tried to do Big Ben and I finally just walked out because I was falling asleep! I know, I know, it's a dungeon. So I'll do it again. But I'm confused. How many people do I have to fight? Seems like there's an awful lot of levels, and my quest arrow keeps pointing to the side like Meowiarty is over the rail somewhere. I got the key, opened a chest, gold, treasure card, no spilled milk, stepped on the right trap doors, silver chest, and there's MORE people to fight? Am I missing something? Oh wait.....does Big Ben stretch all the way to Mooshu?

You walked out when you were almost done!
Ignore the quest helper arrow...it's always done that.
Big Ben is 15 levels, without spilling the milk to fight the extra boss. Not all levels have MOBs.
Big Ben takes time and planning, but isn't all that bad. :)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:

There are 15 floors young wizard, probably the biggest challenge to date on your level wizard and I know - what are those guys at KI thinking. Don't follow your arrow just keep going up. That bug has been there since I have done Big Ben the first time. A few floors give you a break, there are just talk to floors, wisp floors, the puzzle floor. Don't forget to get the cat in there if you took Zeke's quest - hint - he is behind a crate after about a dozen floors. The chests are wood, silver and then the top one is gold, you only need to open one each of these.

If you are doing this solo, which I have on several of my wizards, learn to work the dungeon to your advantage. If you have to leave get back as soon as you can and walk up to last fight you were on. You can also walk back down floors for wisps. Have all your potion bottles full if you want to save some time. Pack your deck light for the mob fights of 2-3, for the top floor load it up a bit. If you have a minion put it out - by then you may need the company - lol. I have pets with spritely but they didn't seem to activate much in there.

I don't buy henchmen so can't advise on them. My death went bottom to top not much of a problem - well duh I stole half their life all the way, my balance was bounced out twice & one walk back down for wisps and my storm got bounce out three times, poor thing she did well but with low health what can we do, all got it done, my fire is next in line for it.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Thank you guys. After I went to central and read the layout I kicked myself. I think I get most discouraged when I can't see the end and can't measure the progress. I left a couple times to fill my bottles but came right back. Knowing about the wisps on the floors will ease my mind from that prospect. This pyromancer will finish no matter how many times I get killed. Thanks again.