Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Estrakir Gloomthorn

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Since every other thread on him has been locked, I'm starting a new one.

I quested through that silly tower all by myself, only to get to the top and have my derriere handed to me six times in a row by this group of cheating bosses, led by Mr. Gloomthorn himself. I already know:

1. That they cheat.
2. That they're supposed to cheat.
3. That the quest is not required to enter CS.
4. That we can't heal, blade, trap, etc.
5. That it's supposed to be difficult.

I think it's great that KI encourages teamwork. Still, I wish that these dungeons were even an option for solo players- what if someone doesn't have any in-game friends, or anyone online in his/her time-zone? My main issues are that:

1. My friends are all a few hours behind me, so their prime questing time is just as I'm logging off to go to sleep.

2. There should, in my humble opinion, be an option for solo players to complete a modified version of the same mission- say, two cheating bosses, instead of four; teamwork is great, but forcing people to join groups, etc., against their will because it's a "requirement" isn't right.

3. Since it's mostly kids and teenagers on here, the game is very clique-y; most people I've encountered won't accept anyone into their groups who's not in their circle, with a few exceptions.

4. The main reason I solo is because I've had a lot of horrible experiences with group fights. As I said on another board, some time ago, I was once dueling enemy NPCs in a crowded area, and one respawned onto me, dragging me into the circle of someone a bit higher-level. He and his teammate were very rude, both threatening to report me for 'joining' their battle uninvited, and I've seen a number of posts in the forums, indicating that many players feel this way. Needless to say, it makes me really nervous about joining up with people I don't know- better to complete the dungeon alone and have to do it 6000 times than knowingly draw the ire of other players.
______________

That all said, if anyone is in the Atlantic time zone and would like to join me, please let me know- I'm usually on the Lincoln server. Anyone is welcome, and I'd love to hear from you!

See you in the Spiral,

Laura Shadowsong
Level 60 Balance

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2899
1) If they report you for joining the sigil, they are false-reporting and will be in trouble.

2) There are wizards who have soloed the Warehouse. Check the internet for guides and videos.

3) There are wizards who will let you go with them, provided they know that you understand the strategies for the two bosses.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
colagada wrote:
1) If they report you for joining the sigil, they are false-reporting and will be in trouble.

2) There are wizards who have soloed the Warehouse. Check the internet for guides and videos.

3) There are wizards who will let you go with them, provided they know that you understand the strategies for the two bosses.


Thanks so much for the reply. :-)

Before this message made it to the boards, though, I did figure it out- I brought a friend with me for backup, and it took us about 8 tries, but we finally did it.

Just a question, re: false reporting. I read somewhere that false reporting is not a reportable offense; is this true? If so, I'm wondering how the site deals with people who repeatedly send false reports... If you're familiar with this, or if one of the admins can answer for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

L.S.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
vonawesome1 wrote:

Just a question, re: false reporting. I read somewhere that false reporting is not a reportable offense; is this true? If so, I'm wondering how the site deals with people who repeatedly send false reports... If you're familiar with this, or if one of the admins can answer for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

L.S.


Yes, you are right. False reporting is not a reportable offense. Mr. Lincoln reviews all reports (false or real) and makes the determination. There is no reason to report a false report, since Mr. Lincoln is going to catch it anyways and flag their account. However, if YOU report a false report it may actually flag your account for repeat offenses. Reporting false reports is unneccesary and clogs the customer service process.

Check out this thread for more on false reporting and what are reportable offenses:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/38227.ftl#213116

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
660
vonawesome1 wrote:
colagada wrote:
1) If they report you for joining the sigil, they are false-reporting and will be in trouble. 2) There are wizards who have soloed the Warehouse. Check the internet for guides and videos. 3) There are wizards who will let you go with them, provided they know that you understand the strategies for the two bosses.
Thanks so much for the reply. :-) Before this message made it to the boards, though, I did figure it out- I brought a friend with me for backup, and it took us about 8 tries, but we finally did it. Just a question, re: false reporting. I read somewhere that false reporting is not a reportable offense; is this true? If so, I'm wondering how the site deals with people who repeatedly send false reports... If you're familiar with this, or if one of the admins can answer for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again! L.S.
Go to the frequently asked questions section and read the post "What happens if i get reported"- that will answer your questions about false reporting. Btw, Congrats on beating the warehouse. Took me about 13 tries to beat the final battle solo! -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
etherchaos wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
colagada wrote:
1) If they report you for joining the sigil, they are false-reporting and will be in trouble. 2) There are wizards who have soloed the Warehouse. Check the internet for guides and videos. 3) There are wizards who will let you go with them, provided they know that you understand the strategies for the two bosses.
Thanks so much for the reply. :-) Before this message made it to the boards, though, I did figure it out- I brought a friend with me for backup, and it took us about 8 tries, but we finally did it. Just a question, re: false reporting. I read somewhere that false reporting is not a reportable offense; is this true? If so, I'm wondering how the site deals with people who repeatedly send false reports... If you're familiar with this, or if one of the admins can answer for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again! L.S.
Go to the frequently asked questions section and read the post "What happens if i get reported"- that will answer your questions about false reporting. Btw, Congrats on beating the warehouse. Took me about 13 tries to beat the final battle solo! -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer


I checked out the column in question, and it cleared up a lot of things. Thank you both for the help! :-)