Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Ben Tower Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
I too had the same problem with the missing Wodden Chests. I also ran into a problem were after completing Counterweight West I transported home to reenter the Royal Museum. When I entered everyone had reset themselves and Sherlock Bones was not in the Royal Museum anymore. I exited and reentered the Royal Museum and he was back. After completing the Big Ben Tower the same think happened. I had to exit and reenter in order to see Sherlock Bones.

Administrator
Big Ben
Previously the wooden chests were not spawning for the Big Ben Encounter "Keys to Success" quest, this has been fixed and the chests are now spawning. Yay!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
I just beat Katz Lab but now Watson told me to go see Sherlock Bones in the Royal Museum but he's not there, what should i do

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Sasuke951 wrote:
I just beat Katz Lab but now Watson told me to go see Sherlock Bones in the Royal Museum but he's not there, what should i do

You are not alone.
Please read this thread and welcome to the club:
https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2078.ftl

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
Twice now I have fought my way to the near-end. I have beaten the guy who is upset over spilled milk (forgot his name, sorry). The elevator won't open .. the lights aren't on. My only two items left in Big Ben are defeat Meowarty and open the gold chest.

I have been defeated numerous times and been able to restore my health and then re-enter the Instanced area; all rooms that I had previously defeated the bad guys in are still empty, so at least I don't have to beat them all over again (phew!!).

I do notice that the second milk bottle, even though it was spilled, doesn't show as spilled when I re-enter the room. Also tonight was my second attempt; in the second or third room where the two men are, question mark over the head of the one in the center (really bad with character names, sorry) was grey'd out already.

I don't want to spend the hours it takes to get that far again only to have to walk away. Is this a bug or have I missed a step somehow?

Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
I have also experienced a problem in Big Ben. I defeated the Crusher and the doors would not open. This took me over 2 hours. I am soooo irritated. This is the second time today that I have had a problem with an instanced area. I experienced a similar problem in Counterweight West and had to start over. HELP!!!!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
I am having the same problem. The elevator doors will not open after defeating the guy who got upset over spilled milk.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
The same thing happened to me as well. It is very frustrating because it takes so long to get to that point and then to have to just give up on the quest because the door won't open. I am stuck in Marleybone right now because the only quests I have left to do are in Big Ben and I can't get past that door.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2008
Xtatic wrote:
I am having the same problem. The elevator doors will not open after defeating the guy who got upset over spilled milk.

*sigh*

I too just had that happen. I went all the way back to the bottom floor looking for something I may have missed. The only thing I noticed was (as someone mentioned a few posts up) one of the milks was not showing spilled. It was the second one if going back down from the guy who is angry about the spilled milk. I walked up to it but never got the "click x" notice. I left through the exit on the bottom floor and went back in and it reset. Lesson learned >_< Dying will allow you to get back in without a reset. Leaving through the front door... not so. Heh.

I had helped a few friends complete this just a couple days ago (I think 2). So it is working. Maybe playing solo and getting killed then returning causes some sort of bug?

*crosses fingers this gets fixed soon*

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I think you are right. I was finally able to complete it yesterday with the help of two friends. It was the two times I tried it all by myself and had to enter multiple times after dying several times that it got stuck on that one level.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Xtatic wrote:

Now I am the one getting upset over spilled milk. I just spent over 2 hours solo in Big Ben and when I defeated the Hooligan that cried over spilled milk, the elevator doors won't open for me anymore! Do you know how frustrating this is? I want to get to Meowiarty but I can't and I really didn't want to start this quest over!!!

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Administrator
Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Meesh wrote:
I beat the angry spilt milk guy, but the gates did not open! :-(

The same thing happened to me the other day!!

Spilled all the milk, beat the boss and 2 other guys and the gates were closed xD I was trapped and had to leave!!

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
ok i keep getting stuck on that door right so i don't get i die and come back after it doesnt work so maybe your are right about the bug of dying so it has to be perfect time to kill all of them so i guess you might be right thx for message. :-)

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Hi

I am a bit confused. I made sure all three milk bottles that were show along the way were spilt, then I killed the boss but got booted out to Marleybone once he died? I went back in and the second milk bottle was not turned over, this has happened to me twice now. I am stuck with the gold treasure chest and the doors will not open. Please advise. I have been in here for two hours now and getting abit annoying.

Thank you

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008

After two hours of dying, fighting and making it to the top and beating Crusher, the elevator would not work. I remembered ealrier that bottle two would not spill, so I went back to see if I could spill it now. I walked up to it but still could not got the "click x" notice. Any solution yet?