Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Ben... Are you kidding me?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Hello everyone, this is my little rant on big ben.

As many of you know it is a VERY long instance of endless grinding that you need to do to finish Marleybone.

It takes FOREVER! You feel like your hope is gone by the time you get to the last floor. Not to mention that fighting every monster is MANDATORY.

No no no, you cant slip past em, even if you do, the door is locked. You simply have to grind your teeth, twitch, and smash your keyboard and mouse to get to the top.

Dont even get me started on the milk...

*shivers*

Dont spill the milk unless you wanna spend another 30 minutes fighting a boss with dragonspyre boss health.

Do you guys agree? I truly hope you do...

So here's my request to you Kingsisle.

You are a very good company that listens to player feedback. So i ask you this: Make big ben shorter... a lot shorter.

As a pet collector i simply must get my hands on that Krokotillian meowiarty drops. I've done big ben 12 times, that's about 50 hours of grinding, frustration.

What do i get? Beginning stages of Carpal Tunnel...

You probably have seen some of my posts saying that i like kensington park.

You may ask: What about Kensington park? You like that dungeon, why dont you complain about that?

Kensington is meant to be hard, its even higher that the dragonspyre level, Kensington is completely different.

Big Ben is not normal however, no level 30s should have slash their way through over 100 monsters just for a slim chance of getting something decent from Meowiarty.

Here are some answers that cover most of the question i think this thread will get:
Q and A
----------------

Q. Hey, i had to do it!
A. Yea, i did too... 12 times...

Q. Dragonspyre has towers too...
A. Dragonspyre is for high levels my friend. You have to remember that Marleybone is for levels 30-35

Q. What ever happened to pride?
A. I dont know, but no one really cares about pride anymore.

Q. Your just a troll who wants to get a pet easily.
A. If you wanna see a troll, go train at the myth school. Its not just about the pet, anyone who has completed Marleybone will say that Big Ben is too long.

Q. What's your opinion on the counterweights?
A. Its just an opinion but i think their kinda long too. They should also be shortened but should remain a tower.

Q. Haha i got Krokotillian!!! Noob!
A. Congratulations, enjoy it =]

Q. I think Big Ben is too short
A.

Q. If they shorten it now, it will be unfair for all the older players.
A. They'll get over it

Q. Shorten Katzenstein's lab too! I want a pixie queen!
A. Oh my gosh for the last time its not about the pet, its about all the endless grinding that big ben gives you.

Ok guys, please post what you think, i hope this thread doesnt get "moderated"

If you dont agree, please post WHY you dont agree.

Thanks!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I don't mind it at all. Just consider it a very compact street with the boss at the end. Really, how is this any different than having to fight X monsters 6 times, or collect X items 6 times? You have to fight in order to progress all the time.

On every floor you can put down a marker in order to return if you die or need to hit the commons for mana and health (just don't play any of the games there).

And you only have to do it once.

Just because you feel the need to farm Meowarty doesn't mean that they should make Big Ben easier.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Otys wrote:
Hello everyone, this is my little rant on big ben.

As many of you know it is a VERY long instance of endless grinding that you need to do to finish Marleybone.

It takes FOREVER! You feel like your hope is gone by the time you get to the last floor. Not to mention that fighting every monster is MANDATORY.

No no no, you cant slip past em, even if you do, the door is locked. You simply have to grind your teeth, twitch, and smash your keyboard and mouse to get to the top.

Dont even get me started on the milk...

*shivers*

Dont spill the milk unless you wanna spend another 30 minutes fighting a boss with dragonspyre boss health.

Do you guys agree? I truly hope you do...

So here's my request to you Kingsisle.

You are a very good company that listens to player feedback. So i ask you this: Make big ben shorter... a lot shorter.

As a pet collector i simply must get my hands on that Krokotillian meowiarty drops. I've done big ben 12 times, that's about 50 hours of grinding, frustration.

What do i get? Beginning stages of Carpal Tunnel...

You probably have seen some of my posts saying that i like kensington park.

You may ask: What about Kensington park? You like that dungeon, why dont you complain about that?

Kensington is meant to be hard, its even higher that the dragonspyre level, Kensington is completely different.

Big Ben is not normal however, no level 30s should have slash their way through over 100 monsters just for a slim chance of getting something decent from Meowiarty.

Here are some answers that cover most of the question i think this thread will get:
Q and A
----------------

Q. Hey, i had to do it!
A. Yea, i did too... 12 times...

Q. Dragonspyre has towers too...
A. Dragonspyre is for high levels my friend. You have to remember that Marleybone is for levels 30-35

Q. What ever happened to pride?
A. I dont know, but no one really cares about pride anymore.

Q. Your just a troll who wants to get a pet easily.
A. If you wanna see a troll, go train at the myth school. Its not just about the pet, anyone who has completed Marleybone will say that Big Ben is too long.

Q. What's your opinion on the counterweights?
A. Its just an opinion but i think their kinda long too. They should also be shortened but should remain a tower.

Q. Haha i got Krokotillian!!! Noob!
A. Congratulations, enjoy it =]

Q. I think Big Ben is too short
A.

Q. If they shorten it now, it will be unfair for all the older players.
A. They'll get over it

Q. Shorten Katzenstein's lab too! I want a pixie queen!
A. Oh my gosh for the last time its not about the pet, its about all the endless grinding that big ben gives you.

Ok guys, please post what you think, i hope this thread doesnt get "moderated"

If you dont agree, please post WHY you dont agree.

Thanks!

When i was in marleybone, i'd have to say big ben was my worst enemy. It DID take a long dang time. But now, big ben is easy for me. I easily helped a lower lvl friend complete it in about 30 mins. Personally, i had more of a struggle with Katz lab. I hate those stupid running clockworks! They run so much faster than the average wizard can!(But mounts will help that prob. Hah, too bad i cant aford one!Rentals are sort of a waste.) And those clockworks are mostly balance! Yah, i hate all of those anywhere, in any dungeon. Marleybone was a big, fat, struggle, but i hate DS even more. I dont see how i got to getting out of the arena and went to go do long quests.