Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Creating the Rings for Kroktopia.... INSANE

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
50
Am I the only one that finds it absolutly insane for this quest to take you 3 hours SOLID to collect the items for the 3 rings the crafter requires and then on top of that have to wait AN HOUR between crafting them???

This one quest will take my kids DAYS to complete as they only get one hour of computer time per day!

I do not see how the creaters can seriously think this is a good quest for the kids! As an adult I am frustrated beyond belief! It took me 3 hours of going through every section while constantly changing realms just to find enough pieces to create the 3 rings... Now I have to wait 3 more hours before I can even turn it in!

Please look into this! I am going to have to seriously think about if I am going to let my kids actually work on this quest!

Thanks,

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
2
i have to agree, that all the time it takes to craft an item is insane. not only is it nearly impossible to find all the items they want you to make, but why does it have to be 3 or 4 or 5. why not just one and that should be enough. also if you sell those items they are not very much money. excuse but if you are taking the time to CRAFT the item i believe they should be worth way more than you are offered.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
104
I agree, crafting isn't worth the horrible amount of trouble it takes.

However, 1 hour a day isn't enough time to do anything in mid-Marlybone and after. Ironworks takes a solid hour if you're lucky, and it only gets longer after that. You're going to have to do something about that if you actually want your kids playing this game.

Anyway, I got through WC crafting, but when I saw what I would have to do in Krok, I just gave up. They need a better way for players to speed through crafting they don't need. I'm in Marlybone right now, and I think it's silly I have to do WC and Krok crafting just to get to the stuff I actually might want to craft.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
1
You can buy some reagents from the bazzar you know. :?

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
101
Wait until you see what is required for crafting in Marlybone. To finish the first crafting quest, I'll have to find 80 scrap metal. I'm having a worse time finding it over anything else. So far, I've only been able to find about 20. Grind, grind, grind, grind...

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
9
No, you aren't the only one. It took us 2 hours of looking for the stuff for the first craft quest. We finally bought some of it at the new bazaar.And we didn't get to keep what we crafted.We have decided that the craft part is not for us.If you don't hunt and find everything then buying is the only other option. The second quest is an example of how much it can cost. I thought we would be able to choose what we wanted to make, not have to quest and make things we don't want or need.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
7
I agree. With the time & effort it takes, the stuff we craft should be worth more when sold. I have only sold one thing & I didn't even make back enough to cover the stuff you're required to buy for the recipe.

At least the update will help in finding some craft reagents.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
A quick run through the Vault of Ice, without doing the Boss Battles, should give you enough for this quest.

The crafting time is really a non-issue, just do it as you are leaving for the day, and when you log on the next day, free slots!

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
10
I agree, the amount of time and effort to make these items is ridiculous. And if finding the reagents wasn't hard enough, you have to have three sets. it is horrible. People say well you can buy reagents from the bazaar. Well The bazaar doesn't always have what your looking for, and some people simply don't have the money. KingsIsle really needs to update this part.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
Where do you buy the rings for crafting? None of the vendors seem to have them.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
1
sanmil0963 wrote:
Where do you buy the rings for crafting? None of the vendors seem to have them.

first i found many many vendors and seen only for a certain school and the vendors are next to the people that give you ingredients or all of the coals and ruby's and so on

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
14
.i agree. it took me FOREVER to do this quest.i also heard about crafting in Dragonspyre and you need two diamonds for each ring .my friend looked fo stuff all day and found ZERO diamonds. please fix this KI.
Andrew Goldblood,
level 24 death/myth

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
2
i also agree it takes forever to make them but what i do when i am waiting for a slot to open i do a another :D quest but i have to look all over for the re grants it is crazy or i have to spend money buying them





Ryan Legend blood-level 17

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
17
Ryan771 wrote:
i also agree it takes forever to make them but what i do when i am waiting for a slot to open i do a another :D quest but i have to look all over for the re grants it is crazy or i have to spend money buying them





Ryan Legend blood-level 17

yeah, i know! it took me around like what, 3 days, and i only have an hour of computer everyday!
good luck!


Brooke Ravenbreeze-level 23

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
frostdragoness12 wrote:
Ryan771 wrote:
i also agree it takes forever to make them but what i do when i am waiting for a slot to open i do a another :D quest but i have to look all over for the re grants it is crazy or i have to spend money buying them





Ryan Legend blood-level 17

yeah, i know! it took me around like what, 3 days, and i only have an hour of computer everyday!
good luck!


Brooke Ravenbreeze-level 23


Ummm, guys, you can do crafting just before you log off, and it will be done when you get back. The cool-down isn't player time, it is game time.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
19
Am I the only one that finds it absolutly insane for this quest to take you 3 hours SOLID to collect the items for the 3 rings the crafter requires and then on top of that have to wait AN HOUR between crafting them???

This one quest will take my kids DAYS to complete as they only get one hour of computer time per day!

I do not see how the creaters can seriously think this is a good quest for the kids! As an adult I am frustrated beyond belief! It took me 3 hours of going through every section while constantly changing realms just to find enough pieces to create the 3 rings... Now I have to wait 3 more hours before I can even turn it in!

Please look into this! I am going to have to seriously think about if I am going to let my kids actually work on this quest!

Thanks,

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life


I know iseem insane but KI fix the problem with crafting they have down size every thing!!!! You only need two rings now that take oly one minute to cool down and two daggars in Marlybone for the one who said that!!! So thank KI for down sizing the carfting. :) :)
Megan SeaGem
Grandmaster Storm and Life

Community Leader

I have such a hard time with this quest that my mind is turning into mush. I got the stuffs. I go to my crafting station, but how do I make it there? How can I get rid of the previous recipe and add a new recipe of the rings??? I do not get it!!!!!!!!! The croc in K world said I need a table that can create two items at once. What table?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
cheyinza wrote:

I have such a hard time with this quest that my mind is turning into mush. I got the stuffs. I go to my crafting station, but how do I make it there? How can I get rid of the previous recipe and add a new recipe of the rings??? I do not get it!!!!!!!!! The croc in K world said I need a table that can create two items at once. What table?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will need to buy the recipe (from the same person who gave you the quest).
Once you collect the needed supplies and have the recipe, go to your basic crafting table. Craft the first. Wait for the cooldown. Craft the second. (Make sure you have empty slots in your backpack when you craft). Take cak and finish the quest with the vendor/quest-giver.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
109
bobbybruiser wrote:
i have to agree, that all the time it takes to craft an item is insane. not only is it nearly impossible to find all the items they want you to make, but why does it have to be 3 or 4 or 5. why not just one and that should be enough. also if you sell those items they are not very much money. excuse but if you are taking the time to CRAFT the item i believe they should be worth way more than you are offered.


William LegendBlade here, the thing that annoys me is not having enough crafting slots... i waited an HOUR for one ring and now i cant make the other (cuz of the dagger of absolution mission)

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
125
Here is a tip:

Start your crafting when you get to Dragonspyre, and make sure you get everything you find on your quests.
I have taken 4 or 5 wizards that way, and have blown through the Krok, Marleybone and Mooshu crafting quests in no time at all. And, as someone else said, do your crafting right before you log out for the day, that way you will have them complete when you log in the next day.

Make sure you DON'T sell your crafting stuff! You'll regret that!

Rogan Firehammer