Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Starting Khrysalis question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2010
Okay, so I am a 91 storm at this point, and I've defeated the first 3 bosses, (The 2 3v1 battles and another battle with a myth boss) My key to success was a lot of shields, as my pet is not great (although maycast healing current helped) with a life mastery amulet. If I want to continue to solo, will I need to invest in a good pet? Resist is not great rn, but hoping to get the Khrysalis crafting rings to help. Would I need a defy/proof pet to be able to survive future battles? Just curious, since storm doesn't have great health anyway

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In general, solo questing (on any wizard to be honest) usually requires the assistance of a solid pet.

Khrysalis continues the trend seen in Azteca where you'll often be fighting up to three enemies at once.

So, because of this, a pet as the one you described makes things a lot easier.

There's a huge difference between having resist in the 20's as compared to that of the 40's.

As such, I do recommend you begin investing in a pet matching the criteria.

Some of us though have our own play styles and may opted to have a strictly damaging pet (I however caution any solo storm using this method as we won't be blocking any criticals coming our way wiping us out quickly).

Another reason why resist is important.

Having a heal of the pet helps too as you have already experienced!

If you need advice on the first steps to crafting solid pets, feel free to ask!

Explorer
May 08, 2010
Star Edward on May 8, 2018 wrote:
In general, solo questing (on any wizard to be honest) usually requires the assistance of a solid pet.

Khrysalis continues the trend seen in Azteca where you'll often be fighting up to three enemies at once.

So, because of this, a pet as the one you described makes things a lot easier.

There's a huge difference between having resist in the 20's as compared to that of the 40's.

As such, I do recommend you begin investing in a pet matching the criteria.

Some of us though have our own play styles and may opted to have a strictly damaging pet (I however caution any solo storm using this method as we won't be blocking any criticals coming our way wiping us out quickly).

Another reason why resist is important.

Having a heal of the pet helps too as you have already experienced!

If you need advice on the first steps to crafting solid pets, feel free to ask!

Yeah, I just did some questing into Last Woods (out of it for now) but yeah, I do need a better pet, bc a critical skeleton dragon almost killed me, would've died if I didn't have a life mastery in hand.

Have been using the Kiosk (thank god for that) and at this point, any universal resist would be great for me (storm)

Thanks for the tips btw