Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

khrysalis is unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
6
hello
i'm a level 91 and i am struggling to do the solo bosses in the beginning of khrysalis
i have tried to do the boss a million times
i have got the best gear there is
and i have switched up my decks
i thought this might make a difference but i still keep dying
please help me out and tell me some strategies or things i might have been doing wrong
p.s the boss name is kaliklak and he has 2 minions

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
22
Hi, I also had an EXTREMELY hard time doing this boss as well, I would suggest putting more effort on defense, and try to use TCs if you don't already; for example, put multiple defensive and healing TCs in your Side Deck. Also, back when I was on that battle, I actually used gear from drops and from the bazaar that gave me a ton of Ice resist. Also, I'm pretty sure that there is another boss fight after Kaliklak, where you have to fight Zaltanna, so try to use more defense if you don't already.

Hope this helped

Michael StormFist
Level 100 Exalted

Survivor
May 16, 2010
6
Don't judge a world by its first bosses, keep trying no matter what. As a fire it took multiple tries until I beat it. Maybe buy a life henchmen if you are really in a struggle. Use prisms. -Wolf Dragon Hunter exalted

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
36
I'd have to disagree that Khrysalis part 1 is hard. If you pay attention you see that the most of the mobs in part 1 are rank 12 and in azteca almost all of the mobs are rank 13(one rank yeah but it makes a difference when it comes to bosses). Khrysalis for me is like a way to blow of some steam from Azteca. I had no problem soloing it with my storm who had waterworks hat and robe and crafted azteca boots for higher block. the only hard bosses in part one for me were Tymen whiteflame (cheater) and ghost dog...

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
149
O: I struggled with these bosses too. If you have extra crowns I would buy Henchmen to help you.

(If not keep trying and you will soon beat them).

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
3
I am so this was REALLY hard for me, don't give up! I NEVER solo anything unless I need to. But I think you got this if your struggling that bad get henchmen I used 4 henchmen. Hope this helps!

Shannon summer song

Death

Level: one hundred ( 100 )

Survivor
Jul 04, 2014
6
I've been there but right now I am a level 100 finishing Krystals today at the hive!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
37
Guys Keep Trying you can do it i am trying to kill a boss in grizzle i tried a lot of tries then is was like Treasure Cards

-Kyle Dark Forge

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
86
Ooh... I remember Kaliklak. My advice, is to put up a mass prism, and then use storm lord, (After blading up). Storm Lord will be the most useful spell at this point. Sirens is nice too, but sometimes you cant wait so many turns.

Dakota Titanheart,
Exalted Storm

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
1
Just focus attacks on the minions, I'm ice and it was hard for me. As long as you kill the minions, you can dungeon recall once you die and the minions will no longer be there!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2014
6
Hello,

Khrysalis was fair, you just need to have the right gear and the correct amount and types of spells. Strategy for how many of each card is one of my key things.

Level 100

Survivor
Nov 19, 2011
3
mi stuck at the first quest in khrystalis. i cant beat all 3 of them its just too hard. same as your school quests. 3 vs 1 is unfair

Survivor
Nov 19, 2011
3
Cameron DragonHamm... on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Just focus attacks on the minions, I'm ice and it was hard for me. As long as you kill the minions, you can dungeon recall once you die and the minions will no longer be there!
i did that but it didn't work

Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
22
hi for me i died a million times trying to do the first parts to get through the gate at the start i used block gear and resist gear i forgot about my critical and used tower shield tc when ever he had high pips i killed him after 5 times
of dying and my friend who i was questing with at the end of azteca finished it way faster than me he was about same level as me at that time level 88 he was storm idk how he did it so fast but i think the key is to block and resist his attacks than do a big attack when he low on pips thank you for reading

cody dragonspear level 110

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
40
Okay buddy. I got you.

The beginning bosses are SUPER annoying, (especially since you have to solo them) so it's hard. I know. For me, I had relatively good gear, a somewhat good pet, and good spells, but it didn't cut it. For me, Khrysalis was more of a deck kind of fix for me, not really a gear/pet/spell deal. Hope this helped

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
360blazeeit on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
hello
i'm a level 91 and i am struggling to do the solo bosses in the beginning of khrysalis
i have tried to do the boss a million times
i have got the best gear there is
and i have switched up my decks
i thought this might make a difference but i still keep dying
please help me out and tell me some strategies or things i might have been doing wrong
p.s the boss name is kaliklak and he has 2 minions
All the solo bosses to open a new world are hard. Very hard.

Just buy a couple (yes, buy 2 of them at the same time) of the 50 crown healer draconians and let them heal while you whittle the bosses down

If you don't have crowns, watch a few videos till you get enough.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2014
4
Hi I am a level 93 wizard and I agree kaliklak is way too hard I can't beat him and i just wanna get by I say wizard101 should make him the only easy thing in the beginning of khrysalis! I hate wizard101 for making everything too hard for us ice wizards

Survivor
Jan 20, 2014
4
Hello I am Alexandra silvertail a level 94 promethean wizard and I would like to give a few tips on what to do on the boss kaliklak for all wizards!
Okay here is what you need to do for one do hades get the gear and you should have some good resistance get all of hades gear and waterworks.

Step2: Fix your deck add multiple tower shields multiple minions I suggest the knight one or a minion and multiple healing spells satyr and pixies and have your pet heal you train your pet to ancient

Step3: multiple prisms overload with prisms and healing multiple blades overload on blades learn the spell card king artorius or level up exalted and then get back to it if none of all works blame wizard101 XD

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
silverdragon10101 on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello I am Alexandra silvertail a level 94 promethean wizard and I would like to give a few tips on what to do on the boss kaliklak for all wizards!
Okay here is what you need to do for one do hades get the gear and you should have some good resistance get all of hades gear and waterworks.

Step2: Fix your deck add multiple tower shields multiple minions I suggest the knight one or a minion and multiple healing spells satyr and pixies and have your pet heal you train your pet to ancient

Step3: multiple prisms overload with prisms and healing multiple blades overload on blades learn the spell card king artorius or level up exalted and then get back to it if none of all works blame wizard101 XD
Or just craft gear. Never had to use a life minion or tower shields on any of my wizards because of crafted gear and it takes a whole lot less time than Hades.

Lvl 110
Lvl 89
Lvl 27

Survivor
Sep 22, 2015
1
fire flame on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
mi stuck at the first quest in khrystalis. i cant beat all 3 of them its just too hard. same as your school quests. 3 vs 1 is unfair
Me too, I think they should make it so people can port in and help it's such a struggle and it's extremely difficult, I have really good resist gear and it's still difficult to do it. I'm finding this really difficult like others.
Level 92
School

boss
minions

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
3
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
2
A really easy way to get past these solo bosses is killing the minions, fleeing, coming back and you will only have the boss to kill solo. This was so much helpful especially when I had to kill the balance boss on my own.

Allison WinterWraith 95