Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it just me or is the ending a bit unfulfilling?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I don't know why, but it seems a bit unfulfilling. After being stuck on lord Umbra since June 2014, I've finally beaten Morganthe on Sunday. And I was expecting something cool like Malistaire, where we had this complex and cool looking Dungeon leading up to an interesting confrontation between the Drakes, plus the Dragon watching them was pretty cool too. But for Morganthe we just get 7 difficult bosses (or 10) and Morganthe falls off a ledge. Am I just a silly biscuit or do others agree?

PS Spider Morganthe or whatever you want to call it these days is kinda cool though. That thing that is in the back and walks into the duel to attack.

Explorer
May 25, 2013
Yeah, Morganthes death was a bit anticlimactic. You get some sweet amulets if you're lucky though, which is satisfying enough.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
SparkySywer on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
I don't know why, but it seems a bit unfulfilling. After being stuck on lord Umbra since June 2014, I've finally beaten Morganthe on Sunday. And I was expecting something cool like Malistaire, where we had this complex and cool looking Dungeon leading up to an interesting confrontation between the Drakes, plus the Dragon watching them was pretty cool too. But for Morganthe we just get 7 difficult bosses (or 10) and Morganthe falls off a ledge. Am I just a silly biscuit or do others agree?

PS Spider Morganthe or whatever you want to call it these days is kinda cool though. That thing that is in the back and walks into the duel to attack.
Well, it is kind of unfulfilling, to be honest, being that Morganthe's Shadow Palace only contains a rematch against all of her Warlords & only the battle against her last form. I finally defeated her after so many adventures leading up to her last showdown in her own palace, & honestly, our path to reach her once we entered her Shadow Palace would have been way longer & difficult than it should be. I know, because I was a bit disappointed that the Shadow Palace turned out to be way less than we thought.

I kinda expected the Shadow Palace to be the largest collection of Zones & Dungeon Instances, & they would be the largest & most complex zones & dungeons they would have made yet, ebing that I expected that the Shadow Palace would be massive, under extreme guard with so many Shadow Web armies, wards, & all kinds of evil traps to try to hinder us to reach the very top & center of her palace, where the Lords of Night are imprisoned & are forced to teach her the Song of Creation. We'd have to battle our way through the whole palace itself to reach the top, facing what we were supposed & expected to face, plow through countless armies of Shadow Web monsters, being that the palace is supposed to be the heart of her legion, & we'd have to free all the prisoners that she captured & transported to her palace to be forced into her legion, & once we got past all that, we would also do the galleries & face Morganthe in the ultimate epic multi-battle fight inside her own chamber. & before we get to her central chamber, we would have to face Morganthe & defeat her before she retreats to her chamber to finish her ritual.

Maybe the instance quest, "End Game", could be greatly revised to have Morganthe bring Young Morganthe via the Song of Creation for a rematch as the 1st battle, battle against us in her normal form again as the 2nd battle before transforming into Shadow Morganthe & have us face all her forms at once as the 3rd & last battle before she meets her ultimate demise.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
The question i have is: if the Morganthe dungeon was like Malistaire's, wouldn't it be too boring to fight like 5 battles of minions before reaching morganthe for no reason? My answer is yes, it would. Granted probably the amulet drops would be more frequent, but having to fight 20 minions before reaching her is a bit too much. We have already fought her cheating warlords. That dungeon used to be one of the hardest.... before darkmoor was introduced.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
To be honest i agree with all of you but even though the fight wasn't as cool as for malistare it is kind of decent. Since Morganthe broke through glass cause of her power it could mean that she might make a apperance in the third arc like Malistare did. Malistare was powerful enough to come back more than once and he was like a beast so then why can't morganthe do the same, she is a really cool boss that is better than Malistare . so maybe this is all planned for a reason in the third arc. Maybe we will go head to head with one of the most coolest and powerful boss that actually made us go through one world just to fail at the end. so i see no reason why she isn't able to come back. So in a way i see why this is how the arc ended then how it should have

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Sir Shadow on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
The question i have is: if the Morganthe dungeon was like Malistaire's, wouldn't it be too boring to fight like 5 battles of minions before reaching morganthe for no reason? My answer is yes, it would. Granted probably the amulet drops would be more frequent, but having to fight 20 minions before reaching her is a bit too much. We have already fought her cheating warlords. That dungeon used to be one of the hardest.... before darkmoor was introduced.
I was thinking that the Galleries & the Morganthe Chamber dungeon would be kept, but, the inside of the Shadow Palace would have to be made into a collection of overworld zones & dungeon zones, almost like Castle Darkmoor, only they would be fairly more larger & complex, & we'd have to progress our way through the top & to her, battling inside the heart of Morganthe's Shadow Web Legion, packed with it's own new exclusive enemy mobs, some cheating bosses, & the palace itself would contain magical traps to hinder our way through. Hey, infiltrating the Shadow Palace shouldn't be as easy as it is now, yes? Honestly, the way to reach her in her palace is already too easy, short, & boring in it's current state. I was highly expecting it to be a more complex palace, & under heavy guard by the Shadow Web Legion, no less.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
This is what Morganthe would do.
Dang this wizard follows me everywhere trying to stop me and is really annoying so I of course get even more powerful standing over glass not worrying if their going to 300 me off. This plan is so perfect