Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

For Everyone Complaining Khrysalis is easy...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
I have heard an over the top rated comments complaining on the difficulty level Khrysalis was put in. To get to your point, many people could barely even solo the MOBS in Azteca, I wasn't able to solo the Bosses, like seriously none. I think KI has made an excellent job making Khrysalis slightly easier than Azteca since I can solo alone without having to disturb friends or waste crowns. What I tell everyone that is complaining is, just was until part 2 comes, you won't see everyone saying "Oh no this is too easy!" Instead we will probably hear wining about "KI Khrysalis IS TOO HARD!". Just please, give others the advantage to solo and have fun on their own, than just complain its too easy.
Focus on all the detail that KI has put in this magnificent world, I find it extremely well made and very interesting. Listen to the music, the details, not on the level of difficulty the world revolves around. Anyways KI well done, you deserve a pat on the back. Loved Khrysalis! :)

Justin Firethief Level 95 Promethean

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
Justin Firethief on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
I have heard an over the top rated comments complaining on the difficulty level Khrysalis was put in. To get to your point, many people could barely even solo the MOBS in Azteca, I wasn't able to solo the Bosses, like seriously none. I think KI has made an excellent job making Khrysalis slightly easier than Azteca since I can solo alone without having to disturb friends or waste crowns. What I tell everyone that is complaining is, just was until part 2 comes, you won't see everyone saying "Oh no this is too easy!" Instead we will probably hear wining about "KI Khrysalis IS TOO HARD!". Just please, give others the advantage to solo and have fun on their own, than just complain its too easy.
Focus on all the detail that KI has put in this magnificent world, I find it extremely well made and very interesting. Listen to the music, the details, not on the level of difficulty the world revolves around. Anyways KI well done, you deserve a pat on the back. Loved Khrysalis! :)

What on earth is a mob

Historian
May 06, 2009
Squeamymeowmeow on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
What on earth is a mob
Mob is one of Wizard101's slang terms. It means any of the AI controlled creatures you fight against.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
What on earth is a mob
A mob is an enemy that you battle, for example:
Atlantean Trierarch is an enemy in Atlantea (level 70 dungeon) on Aquila, Wizard City.

Let's take another example, shall we?
Here's another example:

Fairy Queen is a boss on Unicorn Way, it's still considered a mob because mobs attack (it doesn't matter if it uses weak spells or not), as in Minecraft (they're called Mobs)

What's a mob that doesn't use attack spells?
Well, I've finished dragonspyre, so, in dragonspyre, there are creatures that don't use attack spells, and they are called:
Font of Life
Font of Strength
Font of Weakness
Protection Pox
Damage Pox
All of those mobs make either:
  1. Casts blades, traps, and donates pips to a mob. (Damage Pox)
  2. Protects the boss (Protection Pox)
  3. Tries to make your spells weaker, shields the boss (or another mob), makes your spells fizzle, makes you lose your pips. (Font of Weakness)
  4. Heals a Pox (Font of Life)
  5. Casts Traps and 1 Blade (Font of Strength)
If you want to know what's a pox, here is the Pox category.

Any more mobs?

Well, here is 2 more examples.

Sergeant Skullsplitter:
is a boss on Triton Avenue that's easy to defeat, if you want more info, go to this page on the Wizard101 Central wiki.

Draconian (from Wizard City, Golem Tower):
You know your first battle? here is the first mob (also called creature) from Wizard City, since Wizard City is very easy.

You should know what a mob is now, or when you're older, because when I was little I was like "omg i want to do this!" "omg i want to do that!" or when i try to do a tutorial (is happy) (follows tutorial) (realizes that the bug is fixed)

You might understand what a mob (also called creature) on Wizard101 when you're older, perhaps.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
What on earth is a mob
A mob is a regular street monster.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
What on earth is a mob
mobs are the enemies you fight in the street.

back on topic~ i agree with you, op. my balance and death wizards did just fine in azteca, but i was starting to worry about my poor little storm wizard getting her backside handed to her every 5 minutes... at least she might stand a chance at finishing azteca now.

the difficulty level for khrysalis is just right: my balance wizard has soloed the whole thing so far, and she's fine, meaning that my other wizards should have minimal issues as well.

-von
promethean something you know whatever

and the rest

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
its easy so far until cheating boss,i like to way on new world but i wish those enemies has same type hit spells to wizards.

i mean like bee hit us with some kind of bee or any bug spell, that will be more great since they are not wizard like us. some idea you know :)

rest is so great i love new world, with view with ideas KI came up with, everything, thanks KI.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012

i dont know if you had good gear or not but i was able to solo just about anything in azteca besides the last dungeon

khrysalis is pretty easy so people should stop complaining a world is to hard they might just have bad gear and dont want to admit it

dustin battlewraith level95 master of all shadow magic

Defender
Jun 17, 2012

first of all, you are totally right, second of all my character's name is Justin firethief too :)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
Kudos to you. I saw Khrysalis with helping my friends. The hardness level is exact as needed. Oh. and besides the "hardness" level in Khrysalis, Ki did a wonderful job with the look of the world itself, the music, and the theme. Great way to build tension up and culminate the Morganthe storyline is splitting the world on 2 parts (;
However, Azteca was really a disappointment because the mobs were allot harder then they are supposed to be (on level 85, you should fight enemies having 2700-3300 health)
However I am delighted.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012

I so agree i get tired of people complaining saying its too easy....and how they could solo all of it and blah blah I mean people should think that not every wiz has good stats and a good pet...to me Khy was exactly fine cheating bosses were a challenge and a pain..street fights are fine as well. They are so quick to say something is easy, but would have been complaining in test realm saying "its too hard" just because they can solo a world by their self doesnt mean it was easy just means they know how to strategize in a fight i refuse to believe that a wiz can go through all boss fights and cheat bosses and solo and not get defeated atleast once. The graphics were very nice! I loved the part where you we got to see a giant version of our wizard :] I thought that was epic. lol but I do agree they should wait until part 2 comes and see if they will be screaming "its too easy".

Keena Level 95

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Khrysalis is really fun so far. I just started it a half hour or so ago, and the soloing was hard, but I managed to get through it ( the ice boss in ten tries, and Zaltanna in one ) the addition of assistants rocks, and I gotta say, the music is amazing. I think KI put a lot of time into this, being that it's the closure of Morganthe's arc. I love it so far, but the best ( I hope) is yet to come!

Mackenzie Stormblade
Lvl. 92 Promethean Diviner
( And loving it )

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
What on earth is a mob
I call them an enemy or monster. It's the things that pull you into the street to chip away your health. :3
*coughcoughMARLEYBONEcoughcough*

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 47 theurgist

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I totally agree with you. It's a nice break after Azteca. I was seriously ready to quit the game, having been stuck on Cipactli. After finally beating him and finishing Azteca I was kind of dreading Khrysalis. I purposely didn't read any of the Khrys message boards until I was actually there. I am, however, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm thinking Part 2 is going to be a real crusher for solo players like myself. Anyways have fun! ValdusHawkflame Level 95

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011

Being honest, I have not yet unlocked Khrysalis yet. I just want to say I disagree with your comment. Azteca is actually quite easy if you are the right gear for the right school. I am a myth that used to use crafted gear until tartarus gear came out. The level 76 gear from avalon provides lots of critical I believe about 200 for every school besides ice. Don't forget the wand either though, thats another 10-100 critical right there making it about 300 critical total. You also get decent attack. I know you are life, making it harder since you have one attack all I believe. Myself as a myth got around 340 critical and 60 attack and started spamming humongofrog with a regular mythblade, this worked for me for just about everything. As a matter a fact, I still use this for the part of Azteca I am still in (floating mountains) I soloed up to saltmeadow swamp and got some health on ponce de gibbon and thats it, that is what stopped my solo then I continued until floating mountains when I met a guy and he helped me quest. Overall I think that azteca is easier than it seems if you know how to do it and what gear to get.

~Kyle MythCaster Level 90