Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I a bad Life wiz for Khrysalis?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
Now, I actually have no problem with most bosses, cause I can use feint and potent Feint, but being a life wizard I am normally the weakest in the herd.

I am weak for my level, I can't even solo certain bosses without summoning henchmen.

I couldn't even get past the first 2 bosses without summoning level 100 henchmen.

I have Zeus' Helm of kings from Tartarus which helps me allot.

I'm certain I know why I'm having trouble too, I have 9 resist across the board and I have very low block for only death.

I'm hoping to fix that when I reach Darkmoor.

I also stay away from ranked pvp, cause I couldn't beat a single person.

The real question is, Am I weak for my level?

Blaze Ash 95

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
No, your not considered weak at all. I mean, I am a life wizard too and there will be tough battles later on,but you have an advantage to other schools too. For example, storm boost, death and balance boosts.

However your problem isn't your school, it is the amount of resist, block, and critical rating that you have. I'd say that a resist of 25 or higher is good enough for battling. Critical block always varies depending on a boss or a minion. A block rating of 167 or higher is great.

Dark moor is very helpful!
I hope that helps
Alyssa LionPetal 100

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Alyssa LionPetal on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
No, your not considered weak at all. I mean, I am a life wizard too and there will be tough battles later on,but you have an advantage to other schools too. For example, storm boost, death and balance boosts.

However your problem isn't your school, it is the amount of resist, block, and critical rating that you have. I'd say that a resist of 25 or higher is good enough for battling. Critical block always varies depending on a boss or a minion. A block rating of 167 or higher is great.

Dark moor is very helpful!
I hope that helps
Alyssa LionPetal 100
ok with hey saying have trouble with the first to bosses me too. i can't even get past kaliklak (the first ice boss). i've tried over five times and still die -.-! and whats the point of building critical rating if the bosses always block it and my block is around 200

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Hey!
I'm a Life wizard, and I have soloed most of the game except for the major dungeons. I understand that Khrysalis is a tough world, especially if you don't have the right gear. My best suggestion is to get all the Hades gear and once you are level 100 get all the Darkmoor gear. It will make Life a whole lot easier. Another thing, Life is not at all weak. It's one of the top 4 strongest schools. If one school is weak, it's Ice. Sorry Ice wizards, but to be honest, it says so in the beginning of the game. I hope this helped, and good luck!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
i have tried about a dozen times with different gear, henchmen, tc and still cant get past the first boss. I give up this is so frustrating and no way of getting past this boss.

Mary Unicorn lvl 93