Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red Barn Farm

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
When I toured the red barn farm, Myrella Windspar told me how great it was for gardening. I was wondering if the fields in the farm are already plots or do you need to put plots and pots wherever you need them? I really don't want to have to buy the house to find out so thanks for the replies.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You still need to place pots or plots. The main benefit is a lot of clear space to garden and everything grows faster in it because it counts as a "like" for all plants.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
The fields on red barn farm are not already plots. But most if not all plants receive a free like.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Ok thanks

Saffron Sandsword
Legendary
Sarai Thunderstrider
Initiate

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Its worth mentioning that Red Barn Farm counts as a "luxury" castle with an outside item limit of 250. This lets you plant a maximum plot garden with 69 plots, 69 seeds, assorted like items, and plenty of slots left over for decoration or whatever. Mere "deluxe" castles, for example the Mooshu Imperial Palace, have an outside item limit of 150; you can plant a 69 plot/69 seed garden in those, but just barely, you have to be careful not leaving extra crates and whatnot lying around, and there is no real room left for decoration or multiple garden layouts.

Some readers may not understand what the 69 plant limit refers to. When you cast a growth spell there is a limit to how many plants it can effect, regardless of how many plants you can cram into the ring's radius. A small growth spell always affects one plant. A medium growth spell can affect up to 25 plants. A large growth spell affects up to 69 plants. To get that many plants into a spell ring you normally have to stack plots vertically.

Another note on Red Barn Farm. There are three buildings on this property, a sizeable house, a small barn, and a silo with an elevated lookout window. When I was messing about building my stacked garden I stored extra crates and such in the barn, only to find items in the barn count as outside. Items stored in the house count as inside limit, so now I store my crates and unused likes there, leaving more room outside for actual plots and plants. I am not sure if items in the silo count as inside or outside, I've never put anything there.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Its worth mentioning that Red Barn Farm counts as a "luxury" castle with an outside item limit of 250. This lets you plant a maximum plot garden with 69 plots, 69 seeds, assorted like items, and plenty of slots left over for decoration or whatever. Mere "deluxe" castles, for example the Mooshu Imperial Palace, have an outside item limit of 150; you can plant a 69 plot/69 seed garden in those, but just barely, you have to be careful not leaving extra crates and whatnot lying around, and there is no real room left for decoration or multiple garden layouts.

Some readers may not understand what the 69 plant limit refers to. When you cast a growth spell there is a limit to how many plants it can effect, regardless of how many plants you can cram into the ring's radius. A small growth spell always affects one plant. A medium growth spell can affect up to 25 plants. A large growth spell affects up to 69 plants. To get that many plants into a spell ring you normally have to stack plots vertically.

Another note on Red Barn Farm. There are three buildings on this property, a sizeable house, a small barn, and a silo with an elevated lookout window. When I was messing about building my stacked garden I stored extra crates and such in the barn, only to find items in the barn count as outside. Items stored in the house count as inside limit, so now I store my crates and unused likes there, leaving more room outside for actual plots and plants. I am not sure if items in the silo count as inside or outside, I've never put anything there.
I store my crates and statue bases in the attic, it's a free extra 100 storage space that most people overlook.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:

Dan,

I am sure it says somewhere else in the gardening section...however I will ask it here: how do you stack plots?

I got the Red Barn Farm specifically because I wanted to plant a ton of Dandelions. (Don't ask, it's just a thing)

I was a little upset that with all the plowed fields, it still made you dig individual plots for each plant. So now, I only have one ring, closely packed, for the flowers. How is it you create a stacked plot? I'd love to knock almost 70 of those things together and cover them all in the same circle.

Thank you in advance.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
Will anyone know how or what is the boost that this castle provides to the plants? for example for emps, will it take less than 5 days to get to elder with gnomes and fairy?

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
danihern on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
Will anyone know how or what is the boost that this castle provides to the plants? for example for emps, will it take less than 5 days to get to elder with gnomes and fairy?
I think it is %25 like all the other likes provide

Explorer
Jun 22, 2010
Defender
Jun 16, 2011
You still need to add plant plots to garden. People, like Myrella Windspear are called real estate agents, they convince you to buy the home or house you are interested in. In this case Myrella said it was good for gardening because it was a Barn house.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
mondotigger on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
Dan,

I am sure it says somewhere else in the gardening section...however I will ask it here: how do you stack plots?

I got the Red Barn Farm specifically because I wanted to plant a ton of Dandelions. (Don't ask, it's just a thing)

I was a little upset that with all the plowed fields, it still made you dig individual plots for each plant. So now, I only have one ring, closely packed, for the flowers. How is it you create a stacked plot? I'd love to knock almost 70 of those things together and cover them all in the same circle.

Thank you in advance.
I'd be glad to show you how to stack plots if you want. We would just need to set up a time and a realm to meet. It is easier to show you than it is to explain in writing.

Finnigan or Alric would be the wizards who would meet you.