Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 15 Gardening Spells...what's the point?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
I've found and quested to access Barley, the gardener in Khrysalis. He will have new spells to buy and a few seeds to sell, nothing special about the seeds though. After buying one of the new gardening spells that can take care of a plant's needs for 48 hours...obviously, I was somewhat excited to the propect of not having to watch my plant's needs as closely. Then the epic fail...the spell I bought is called Monsoon, it takes care of plant's water needs for 48 hours...did I miss the fine print somewhere saying that using it will cancel out other long term gardening spells? Summoning the Monsoon canceled my Dragonfly pest control spell and vice-versa when I tried it again. Is this a glitch or how it was designed? If it is designed this way then the only spell of value (I use that term loosely considering the price) with Barley is Strawman, takes care of Rank 6 pests or lower for 48 hour...all for a low, low price of 300,000 gold. Eh, my pests are rank 3 and lower...I don't need it. If someone knows more about one 48 hour spell canceling another when summoned...let us all know.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Jake the Wizard on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
I've found and quested to access Barley, the gardener in Khrysalis. He will have new spells to buy and a few seeds to sell, nothing special about the seeds though. After buying one of the new gardening spells that can take care of a plant's needs for 48 hours...obviously, I was somewhat excited to the propect of not having to watch my plant's needs as closely. Then the epic fail...the spell I bought is called Monsoon, it takes care of plant's water needs for 48 hours...did I miss the fine print somewhere saying that using it will cancel out other long term gardening spells? Summoning the Monsoon canceled my Dragonfly pest control spell and vice-versa when I tried it again. Is this a glitch or how it was designed? If it is designed this way then the only spell of value (I use that term loosely considering the price) with Barley is Strawman, takes care of Rank 6 pests or lower for 48 hour...all for a low, low price of 300,000 gold. Eh, my pests are rank 3 and lower...I don't need it. If someone knows more about one 48 hour spell canceling another when summoned...let us all know.
This glitch was already addressed in the bugs section. They said it will be addressed in an upcoming update.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Thanks for the info, Seethe42.