Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Summer Update 2023 First Impressions!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Hey Wizards!

The Summer Update 2023 for Wizard101 is here! Exciting, right? We want to know what you think! Share your first impressions, favorite features, bugs, surprises, and anything else here.

Let's talk about this update together!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2020
i dont understand why the 4 pip aoes have to be dropped in beastmoon when its a standard spell that everyone uses it should be dropped like the rest of the 1-6 spells

Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
I think this update is great and could become even greater. I do have a question about level scaling though. How does the game calculate each stat to reduce and how much of it to reduce? It seems like an easier way to implement level scaling would be to reset all the intrinsic stats that increase with each level- like health, mana, pip chance, archmastery, etc.- down to the level you're scaling your wizard to. Then, have the wizard be able to only use gear allowed by the level they're scaling themselves down to. That seems an easy way to make level scaling fair and understandable for everyone wanting to use it. Loving this update!

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I love that we're able to change our names now, especially with the new additions to the name roster. However, I'm a very indecisive person and like to theme my wizards based off of their stitch and name. I wish there was a feature that allowed us to go back to our old wizard's name within a certain time frame from changing it (a day or so). I also wish that we could change our wizard's name a second time; possibly allowing another name change after an extended time period (a year) or capping the name changing to 2 instead of 1 per character.

I also noticed that while moving seeds and jewels in and out of their respective vaults that items with a stock of 1 still show the window allowing you to move more at once. I feel that this makes the process clunky and am curious if it was possible to have this window skipped if there is only 1 of an item. I'm unsure if this is a bug or a feature since I don't usually move single items in and out of these vaults very often.

Aside from that, awesome update! Looking forward to future improvements and new additions!

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
The main thing I like about this update is the ability to change our names, I have wanted to change the name of my character for years now. There are a couple of things I have noticed though. While going through the names for a girl (or boy since it can be for both) the name "Angle' in the second column seems to be a spelling mistake for the name, "Angel". Angle is an intersecting line in geometry whereas ANGEL is a supernatural being. I can only assume it's a spelling mistake since I can't imagine anything to do with lines to be part of a name. Angel in fact is often misspelled due to its pronunciation. Please change this. Katya also seems to be a less popular spelling for Katja and I was slightly disappointed, but I went with it since it was my only option for spelling.

Also, when changing names, on multiple characters, I noticed that we can't see the x select options to interact with NPCs or objects, though using x does work. This can however be fixed by exiting out of the character and loading back in.

Survivor
May 20, 2023
As a suggestion for Pet Training. It was be really efficient to be able to skip the minigame and feed your pet over and over again at the cost of energy. By that I mean only skipping the game once and feed it multiple times in one sitting versus skip once, feed once, restarting and skipping the game again.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Sassy Rocker Chick on Aug 2, 2023 wrote:
The main thing I like about this update is the ability to change our names, I have wanted to change the name of my character for years now. There are a couple of things I have noticed though. While going through the names for a girl (or boy since it can be for both) the name "Angle' in the second column seems to be a spelling mistake for the name, "Angel". Angle is an intersecting line in geometry whereas ANGEL is a supernatural being. I can only assume it's a spelling mistake since I can't imagine anything to do with lines to be part of a name. Angel in fact is often misspelled due to its pronunciation. Please change this. Katya also seems to be a less popular spelling for Katja and I was slightly disappointed, but I went with it since it was my only option for spelling.

Also, when changing names, on multiple characters, I noticed that we can't see the x select options to interact with NPCs or objects, though using x does work. This can however be fixed by exiting out of the character and loading back in.
I don't know; I could see "angle" being used. I know someone in-game with the last name of "AngleSmith" and I liked it. *shrug*