Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible Glitch with Damage Output

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2021
Hello

I have had this problem since I reached Sardonyx in Khrysalis. I have noticed that my damage output is not as highly effective as it should be for a wizard of my caliber. My character is a level 104 death wizard with a damage percentage of 120 and a chance of a critical hit of 280. I have noticed that it has something to do with a higher-level city. I have tested this theory to its furthest extent, which is to say that I have played against a lost soul in Unicorn Way and watched as I inflicted 5600 damage in a single hit, but I was unable to inflict the same amount of damage on rank 13 minions or above in Sardonyx or any city that comes after it because if I spell cast on them with the same attack, my damage output drops around 5100. As I advance in the game, I am not becoming more powerful and my damage output becomes corroded for no reason. I first thought it happening because of my low piercing. Can someone explain what this means?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
WizardinDistress on Jul 2, 2022 wrote:
Hello

I have had this problem since I reached Sardonyx in Khrysalis. I have noticed that my damage output is not as highly effective as it should be for a wizard of my caliber. My character is a level 104 death wizard with a damage percentage of 120 and a chance of a critical hit of 280. I have noticed that it has something to do with a higher-level city. I have tested this theory to its furthest extent, which is to say that I have played against a lost soul in Unicorn Way and watched as I inflicted 5600 damage in a single hit, but I was unable to inflict the same amount of damage on rank 13 minions or above in Sardonyx or any city that comes after it because if I spell cast on them with the same attack, my damage output drops around 5100. As I advance in the game, I am not becoming more powerful and my damage output becomes corroded for no reason. I first thought it happening because of my low piercing. Can someone explain what this means?
You're forgetting critical damage!!! Long story short, the mobs have block rating.

As you progress through the spiral, mobs will start to receive block rating which not only gives a block chance but also reduces the critical damage received.

If you hover over any hit/heal spell while having 1+ critical rating, a Critical UI will pop up under the names showing the chance to critical, the critical multiplier, and the chance to block. For those mobs, it should say x1.82 or near that value

You should also make sure to have some block rating as well so you're not taking close to x2 damage on a critical as well .

Here's the link for the Critical Rebalance Dev Diary.