Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Gardening returning soon with changes

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 28, 2012
78
Fangs McWolf on Aug 23, 2019 wrote:
"Maybe not four times a year but let’s say twice a year."

We've only had it once this year, so to have it four times in a year (with no changes to the benefit) would require it being done three more times in the next 18 weekends (including this coming weekend). Since they are changing the benefit, that's not going to happen. Point being, it's not four times a year, it's once or twice a year, and people are itching for it to return.
During the years of 2015-2017, the double garden benefit was held during the months of January, March/April, June/July and during the Birthday celebrations month. Yes I am aware of the Double Gardening event having only been held during the month of January this year. That’s why I suggested having it only twice a year instead of the four.

The times I would recommend are September during the Birthday celebrations and during the spring months of April/May instead of in January. This would allow for the members to make room in their backpacks/banks.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
45
Professor Falmea -

When all is said and done I am sure a revenue guided decision which is understandable. I would think that KI crunched the data and determined that people were willing to buy (and/or farm) all the seeds they want for double snack / jewel / gold rewards. Time will tell what this will do to the Pet hatching ecosystem revenue. I know the reason I started gardening was specifically for the mega snacks so that could hatch pets. If double seeds were not there and how facilitated the process, I would not of went the way to become Grandmaster Hatchmaker, and the money spent on doing that. I hope you can have it both ways.

I would recommend from a Customer Service perspective that you notify people ahead of time that a "reward" is being taken away regardless of the reasons. Ideally, at the time they do receive it the last time. You'll always hear the grumbling when told but usually people will get it, but now you've created some bad blood with those folks who have waited quite a long time for this reward only to be let down when received. Unfortunately I am in this group. Not ideal.

Good luck

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
2
Double gardening is back today, but I had been leaving a few gardens at elder so I could get double seeds when the event returned. Now the double seeds are gone. That was the best part of the double gardening.
Greatly saddened.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
I can honestly say that I am really disappointed with KI's decision to change this but feel especially duped that my elixir (advertised as giving double seeds) is not even doubling up basic reagents/jewels etc. It's not working at all. I still have another one to redeem but it literally does nothing.

It was a 'free gift' for spending X amount, therefore perhaps not subject to the same laws as a 'purchase' but honestly, it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth and for a company that I have grown to love to do this to us feels like a betrayal

I sincerely hope KI go out of their way to fix this, especially with elixirs already obtained (at no small cost). It's very sad when you love supporting a company and product then feel your loyalty and support were taken for granted. I regret investing so freely and hope KI will put this right for all of us who feel let down...I'd much rather be ranting about how great KI / W101 is than slinking off into a corner to lick my wounds!

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
3
As a long time player I must say I was very disappointed in the latest changes to gardening. I have two paid accounts almost from the beginning of the game and am now seriously considering deleting them both. I even recently added a seventh character to one. My favorite part of the game was gardening and without the double seeds I see no point in it at all. I even bought my sons girlfriend a year and I will not do that again. You make me very sad. I am retired and at 67 this game was my one source of fun and relaxation, but you are ruining it with all your money grabbing. Its so sad to see a game I liked so much go downhill so fast.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2371
Do the no seed duplication all year round (meaning this would be the regular event), but on Xmas times (july/december), or even once during the birthday celebration, have the duplicating seeds. This way, it's like we get presents, and can only use them once/twice a year max, but the regular event does NOT duplicate it. This is as much of the best of both world as we'll ever see. Please consider this

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
1
I'm a an old player but I have just recently gotten into gardening. I think it is extremely unfair that you all took the double seed ability away. It no longer truly makes double gardening rewards "double gardening rewards". If you won't bring by the double seeds then rename it to "double gardening rewards with some exceptions". Their are old time players that now have insane farms and you just took that away from new players or players that have just gotten into gardening. I personally want to see the double seeds return, and I'm sure many other people want to see that return. I will very much appreciate it if you would consider this. If not then properly explain what kind of "issues" this caused. Because they way I see it this is just a way to force more players to spend more crowns, and many of us already spend a lot.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2016
5
Look, everyone stop being so hard on KI. I mean there are no more double seeds doing the double gardening event at least KI gave the community an opportunity while it lasted. I mean lasting for nearly 5 or more years and occurring like 2-4 times a year was pretty generous. Complaining don't fix a solution. Just level your wizard(s) to a high enough level where you can farm for the seeds much easier. Yeah it may be a grind to farm for the seeds but at least your are still able to farm for the seeds none the less. To be honest making things too easy is a bore b/c it's not that fulfilling when everyone can easily reap great rewards with little to no hard work. People should want to strive to work for whats rarely achieve among the populous so you'll know the feeling of achieving something difficult by setting goals for yourself and achieving each goal. Weather it be becoming a collector in collecting rare items, aiming for the top badges mainly in crafting, fishing, gardening etc. And to end it I would like to say thank you KI for allowing the double seeds as a reward from double gardening while it lasted.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
204
I harvested all of my elder jewel plants on all of my wizards during this last Double Gardening weekend, (8/23 - 8/25/19) and received ZERO SOCKET WRENCHES! This includes a total of approximately 30 jewel plants among 6 different wizards.

The reason I waited to harvest all my jewel plants was for a chance at getting double socket wrenches, but to not receive even one? I found that very odd and disappointing. Has anyone else came across this concerning jewel plants?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
894
Elijah Silverstrid... on Aug 25, 2019 wrote:
Look, everyone stop being so hard on KI. I mean there are no more double seeds doing the double gardening event at least KI gave the community an opportunity while it lasted. I mean lasting for nearly 5 or more years and occurring like 2-4 times a year was pretty generous. Complaining don't fix a solution. Just level your wizard(s) to a high enough level where you can farm for the seeds much easier. Yeah it may be a grind to farm for the seeds but at least your are still able to farm for the seeds none the less. To be honest making things too easy is a bore b/c it's not that fulfilling when everyone can easily reap great rewards with little to no hard work. People should want to strive to work for whats rarely achieve among the populous so you'll know the feeling of achieving something difficult by setting goals for yourself and achieving each goal. Weather it be becoming a collector in collecting rare items, aiming for the top badges mainly in crafting, fishing, gardening etc. And to end it I would like to say thank you KI for allowing the double seeds as a reward from double gardening while it lasted.
No one is "being hard on KI". From what I have read, these posts are both thoughtful, and true. The customer base is simply pointing out disagreements in how this action was presented, and initiated. They have also offered up suggestions on how to correct it. "Complaining doesn't fix a solution." I'm guessing you meant problem, not solution.This assertion is completely wrong. Complaining does indeed help fix problems. It lets others know there is an issue, and what steps maybe taken to resolve it. Your point about hard work is also completely irrelevant, as work is involved with all gardens, big or small. Lastly, to sum up the entirety of your post: Just because you fail to see an issue, doesn't mean that one does not exist. The volume of the responses, along with their impassioned pleas, would seem to dictate otherwise.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2426
I don't see how this benefit for MEMBERS would cause harm to KI or the game. I do see some of the newer members and older ones as well, very disappointed at having this benefit revamped.

Personally, I would prefer to have fewer Treasure Cards dropped from this rather than having the Double seeds removed.

Double Gardening Rewards has been a well loved part of this game since it first started January 21-25th 2015.

I know that for those of us still crafting Seed Vaults for the multiple wizards that many of us have, it has just become an almost impossible task. It took me months to farm enough Pink Dandelions, making sure I had them planted and at elder when Double Gardening Rewards came around each time.

Please reconsider this change.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2371
DragonLady1818 on Aug 28, 2019 wrote:
I don't see how this benefit for MEMBERS would cause harm to KI or the game. I do see some of the newer members and older ones as well, very disappointed at having this benefit revamped.

Personally, I would prefer to have fewer Treasure Cards dropped from this rather than having the Double seeds removed.

Double Gardening Rewards has been a well loved part of this game since it first started January 21-25th 2015.

I know that for those of us still crafting Seed Vaults for the multiple wizards that many of us have, it has just become an almost impossible task. It took me months to farm enough Pink Dandelions, making sure I had them planted and at elder when Double Gardening Rewards came around each time.

Please reconsider this change.
Pink Dandelions are easy to get. Farm the Narinna Quartermaster in krok. They don't drop every time of course, but they drop often enough. Bring a high level wizard with a 4 pip aoe and you should be able to kill him in the first round. Then, lather, rinse, repeat. :)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2016
5
@ Intrepidatius, yeah I had some typos. Thanks for correcting one of them (i'm being genuine btw not trying to be funny/rude.) It is sad that they took double gardening seeds away. I agree that they should at least do it once a year. It's just that I've gotten used to online game developers letting me down on how they would ruin something that was such a great thing for the players that escape to a virtual world to play a game they love or just enjoy playing and I figure everyone shouldn't be surprise that it stopped. You'll think it'll bring joy to these game developers when the players are super happy but at the end of the day business is business. I'm surprise it lasted this long. Yeah, we all want the double gardening seeds back which benefited us greatly but what about them? Maybe they simply just had to let it go b/c it was putting a decline in there revenue. Or maybe it became a problem when players would just let there bank just overflow with seeds which couldn't be added to there already full backpack and so they use that to exploit the game b/c they themselves became greedy without taking any concern that maybe what they were doing was causing the game to bug or something or KI simply could of added a functioned that would prevent items from being store in the bank pass its limit I don't know. I agree that KI should either be straightforward as to why they stopped double gardening seeds so suddenly without explaining how it was harmful to plants, but they did mention that the double gardening seeds wasn't initially ever suppose to be a thing so here I am yet again at the conclusion of just a dead end.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
2
As a Level 20 gardener, I'm curious how double seed drops "is harmful"? To your profit? It seems if it was "unintended" that it should've been stopped immediately.

Will you be having sales on seeds? Or will there be a % of double seeds dropped during gardening? Or is it just gone?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2426
dayerider on Aug 29, 2019 wrote:
Pink Dandelions are easy to get. Farm the Narinna Quartermaster in krok. They don't drop every time of course, but they drop often enough. Bring a high level wizard with a 4 pip aoe and you should be able to kill him in the first round. Then, lather, rinse, repeat. :)
Thank you Dayerider. I have not been in Krok in ages but I will certainly give it a shot or 2.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
1
This benefit was one of the few things that made me subscribe to membership. If you are going to permanantly take this benefit away, expect that I will never again be a member of Wizard 101.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2013
3
I was very disappointed by this change. The original full benefits of double gardening should be re-instated for members. This recent change only benefits low level gardeners. As it stands now there really is no benefit for Wizards with maximum gardening experience.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2013
2
Well, this kills the last reason we had to continue buying memberships. Congrats!

Survivor
Nov 11, 2013
2
Elijah Silverstrid... on Aug 25, 2019 wrote:
Look, everyone stop being so hard on KI. I mean there are no more double seeds doing the double gardening event at least KI gave the community an opportunity while it lasted. I mean lasting for nearly 5 or more years and occurring like 2-4 times a year was pretty generous. Complaining don't fix a solution. Just level your wizard(s) to a high enough level where you can farm for the seeds much easier. Yeah it may be a grind to farm for the seeds but at least your are still able to farm for the seeds none the less. To be honest making things too easy is a bore b/c it's not that fulfilling when everyone can easily reap great rewards with little to no hard work. People should want to strive to work for whats rarely achieve among the populous so you'll know the feeling of achieving something difficult by setting goals for yourself and achieving each goal. Weather it be becoming a collector in collecting rare items, aiming for the top badges mainly in crafting, fishing, gardening etc. And to end it I would like to say thank you KI for allowing the double seeds as a reward from double gardening while it lasted.
Says the guy with 10,000 seeds gathered from double events. Give up all your double seeds and say again how this is a good thing!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
413
Older Wizard on Aug 30, 2019 wrote:
As a Level 20 gardener, I'm curious how double seed drops "is harmful"? To your profit? It seems if it was "unintended" that it should've been stopped immediately.

Will you be having sales on seeds? Or will there be a % of double seeds dropped during gardening? Or is it just gone?
Hi to you and all who have written here:

This is merely a balancing issue trying to be fixed. It has nothing to do with KingsIsle's profit margin.

Having the advantage to get your hands on two times the seeds (especially jewel blossom seeds) can cause a rift with the game's balancing. Ultimately, they are trying to cut down on seed intake because eventually, there will be no reason to buy any more if they are all doubled.

If they didn't take this necessary step, they would have to start making seeds very expensive, or very difficult to get. Once you buy ten, you could turn that ten into twenty, (that means you just got an instant ten extra seeds for free) and next time thirty. Now, obviously, this is what everyone wants, but ask yourself, IS THIS GOOD FOR THE GAME?

Bottom Line: Double gardening rewards was the literal term "Over Powered" for players. This is why it had to be changed.


Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2426
Blaze03554 on Sep 1, 2019 wrote:
Hi to you and all who have written here:

This is merely a balancing issue trying to be fixed. It has nothing to do with KingsIsle's profit margin.

Having the advantage to get your hands on two times the seeds (especially jewel blossom seeds) can cause a rift with the game's balancing. Ultimately, they are trying to cut down on seed intake because eventually, there will be no reason to buy any more if they are all doubled.

If they didn't take this necessary step, they would have to start making seeds very expensive, or very difficult to get. Once you buy ten, you could turn that ten into twenty, (that means you just got an instant ten extra seeds for free) and next time thirty. Now, obviously, this is what everyone wants, but ask yourself, IS THIS GOOD FOR THE GAME?

Bottom Line: Double gardening rewards was the literal term "Over Powered" for players. This is why it had to be changed.

It has nothing to do with balancing and more to do with KI profit than you seem to think.

Reread your phrase (especially jewel blossom seeds). The only way to get jewel blossom seeds is through the Garden packs (Farley's) which requires Crowns which requires REAL money.

Many players have multiple accounts including me. With 12 wizards, it takes a lot to get them all equipped with at least 5 each of the 5 different Jewel Blossom seeds. I still don't have that many on each of my 12 but I have been trying to reach that goal.

I was fortunate to get one of each jewel blossom on main on both accounts and even that took a while to do. I did not just sit and buy packs until I got them. I usually bought about 5 packs per account but only when the packs were on sale. So I am still trying to reach my original goal.

Even though I do buy a few crowns now and then, I don't just sit and buy packs until all crowns are gone. I do use them for other things and every now and then a henchman does come in handy.

There will always be players looking to buy at least a few seeds to start their own gardens with, but the sad part is that with this change, there may actually be fewer players doing so.

Double Gardening Rewards to most of us means EXACTLY THAT. Double Rewards means DOUBLE REWARDS. The only variation we all were aware of, is that we did not always get 2 of the same mega snack but did get 2 on each plant harvested.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
5
I am an avid gardener in the game. All of my wizards have Red Barn Farms and most have two seed vaults. One has the Botanical Garden, as well. I am very disappointed in this change in gardening for many reasons, most of which have been previously addressed. But I did want to say that my main disappointment is that the creators of the game did not give us any warning that this was going to happen. I had tossed many seeds thinking that they would be replaced as soon as I harvested the next time. They could have had one last double seed harvest telling us that it was, indeed, the last...but they did not. No such common curtesy was extended to the members

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
2
DragonLady1818 on Sep 4, 2019 wrote:
It has nothing to do with balancing and more to do with KI profit than you seem to think.

Reread your phrase (especially jewel blossom seeds). The only way to get jewel blossom seeds is through the Garden packs (Farley's) which requires Crowns which requires REAL money.

Many players have multiple accounts including me. With 12 wizards, it takes a lot to get them all equipped with at least 5 each of the 5 different Jewel Blossom seeds. I still don't have that many on each of my 12 but I have been trying to reach that goal.

I was fortunate to get one of each jewel blossom on main on both accounts and even that took a while to do. I did not just sit and buy packs until I got them. I usually bought about 5 packs per account but only when the packs were on sale. So I am still trying to reach my original goal.

Even though I do buy a few crowns now and then, I don't just sit and buy packs until all crowns are gone. I do use them for other things and every now and then a henchman does come in handy.

There will always be players looking to buy at least a few seeds to start their own gardens with, but the sad part is that with this change, there may actually be fewer players doing so.

Double Gardening Rewards to most of us means EXACTLY THAT. Double Rewards means DOUBLE REWARDS. The only variation we all were aware of, is that we did not always get 2 of the same mega snack but did get 2 on each plant harvested.
Exactly. Double Gardening rewards has been going on for YEARS. What other reason, besides fiscal, would the "double" not apply to seeds? In play the good seeds are rarely dropped, thus it's a crown/cash issue.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
6
If you are going to do away with the double seeds dropping during double gardening, why couldn't there be a chance for all seeds, even the crown seeds such as EMP's and Couch Potatoes, to drop during a regular harvest, and not just at final harvest. I have sold a ton of KIng Parsleys, which are also crown shop seeds, after having them randomly drop during a regular harvest. Why couldn't this happen for the other seeds that drop mega snacks or jewels, maybe at a lesser random rate. Would surely take the hurt out of losing the double seeds.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
810
sarasue59 on Sep 14, 2019 wrote:
If you are going to do away with the double seeds dropping during double gardening, why couldn't there be a chance for all seeds, even the crown seeds such as EMP's and Couch Potatoes, to drop during a regular harvest, and not just at final harvest. I have sold a ton of KIng Parsleys, which are also crown shop seeds, after having them randomly drop during a regular harvest. Why couldn't this happen for the other seeds that drop mega snacks or jewels, maybe at a lesser random rate. Would surely take the hurt out of losing the double seeds.
That's because king parsley don't drop mega snacks xD? Also am not sure you were aware of the changes that states only the double seed part was removed. Also am not sure what spark meant by a chance at mega snacks since i actually got double mega snacks during that time.