Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

White Screen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
After I type in my password and click play, the game starts to launch... when it gets to the point where the screen is white with the KI logo... it stays white (and doesn't display the KI logo) and stays stuck at that point. My only option is to hit the windows button on my keyboard and right click to exit. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game but it doesn't seem to help! :-(

Administrator
Hello,

This particular gremlin has me about ready to pull out my feathers! I do believe we've got it narrowed down to either a firewall issue or something completely different.....

Behind the "big white screen" may be a security pop-up (you can alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete to see if it's present). Please let me know if you see anything that may provide a further clue (eg. Error 123, etc).

Triple check your firewall settings - make sure that all things Wizard'ish & KingsIsle affiliated are allowed through (we've done several updates in recent weeks and some of the file names have changed which may have put your antivirus/firewall on high alert).

Please do let me know what you find!

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Mr Lincoln wrote:
Hello,

This particular gremlin has me about ready to pull out my feathers! I do believe we've got it narrowed down to either a firewall issue or something completely different.....

Behind the "big white screen" may be a security pop-up (you can alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete to see if it's present). Please let me know if you see anything that may provide a further clue (eg. Error 123, etc).

Triple check your firewall settings - make sure that all things Wizard'ish & KingsIsle affiliated are allowed through (we've done several updates in recent weeks and some of the file names have changed which may have put your antivirus/firewall on high alert).

Please do let me know what you find!
I love that! That's hilarious, Mr. Lincoln. With the glitch, I've found that you just need to restart your computer.
Cya in the Spiral,

Seth B.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
After making sure my firewall settings were ok, I opened my task manager... I noticed that there are three different applications running for wizard101. The first one is normal, it says wizard101 with the wizard icon symbol next to it, but there is also one that says wizard101 error with a (white screen) web-browser looking symbol (or error window) next to it, the third application just says wizard101 but also has the browser looking symbol next to it. I'm not sure if that helps clear anything up, but that's all I've been able to find with it :?

Administrator
Hello mriky,

I've contacted our Support Wizards and they've been researching your problem. They've responded to your Email Support Ticket and hope you can get back to them soon.

Hold tight! We'll get you back into the Spiral as quickly as possible.