Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's with the quest just after Science Center?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
So after defeating Maglump, I put the portal peice in the solarium portal, and it looks like it activates completely. Shimmery blue oval and everything. Then Edith Benchly says "the solarium is almost open", and that I "may be the first living being to have set foot in that ancient place". Then the quest directions say to "explore beyond Solarium portal in Solarium" but the quest actually sendt me to Crustacean Empire, and by extention to talk to Nestor to start the quest line there. And from what I understand story-wise there are more Solarium portal pieces that need to be collected in Crustacean Empire.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
average moe on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
So after defeating Maglump, I put the portal peice in the solarium portal, and it looks like it activates completely. Shimmery blue oval and everything. Then Edith Benchly says "the solarium is almost open", and that I "may be the first living being to have set foot in that ancient place". Then the quest directions say to "explore beyond Solarium portal in Solarium" but the quest actually sendt me to Crustacean Empire, and by extention to talk to Nestor to start the quest line there. And from what I understand story-wise there are more Solarium portal pieces that need to be collected in Crustacean Empire.
I know right. Every single time I've quested through Celestia, the main quest gave the very obvious idea that we would be going into the Solarium. However, we then enter the Crustacean Empire, even though Edith already said we had all the portal pieces... What's more odd is, it is later revealed that there was one piece that we never got, which is why we ended up having to fight Praetor Mako.

It seems like bad storytelling in my opinion. They say we had all the pieces, then the Solarium portal itself is in perfect working condition, and then we suddenly have to get another piece?