Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unintended early access to "Poseidon Adventure!"

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

Before my Balance Wizard became level 90, I was given unexpected unintended access to the side quest given by Vesper, "Poseidon Adventure", in Aquila that was supposed to send Wizards that reach level 90+ to defeat Atlantea's secret boss, the Sand Squid, but, I was given that quest before I could reach level 90, but I defeated it at the proper level & above later on.

Regardless, that side quest should not be access to lower level wizards until they properly reach level 90, so I must ask of you to reinforce that prerequisite requirement by not allowing lower level wizards below 90 to access that side quest until they properly reach level 90 after finishing "Into the Sea". Please fix this quest's unintended access problem, Professors!

Thanks!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You can get to the squid at level 70 since it is in a level 70 dungeon. That isn't a problem at all. It was designed that way.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Gemma Luna on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
You can get to the squid at level 70 since it is in a level 70 dungeon. That isn't a problem at all. It was designed that way.
It wasn't designed that way, you can access the boss, but you should not be able to get the quest for it.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
lewski on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
It wasn't designed that way, you can access the boss, but you should not be able to get the quest for it.
To be accurate, Wizards that are level 70 & have access to Atlantea should not access that quest & it's secret boss until they properly reach level 90. The early unintended access to that quest & that secret boss should not be for Wizards under level 90. Facing that secret boss at their lower levels could be a problem to them. That's why the requirement should be reinforced so only Level 90+ Wizards can properly face the Sand Squid itself.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Trimond297 on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
To be accurate, Wizards that are level 70 & have access to Atlantea should not access that quest & it's secret boss until they properly reach level 90. The early unintended access to that quest & that secret boss should not be for Wizards under level 90. Facing that secret boss at their lower levels could be a problem to them. That's why the requirement should be reinforced so only Level 90+ Wizards can properly face the Sand Squid itself.
Oh, so you want the Sand Squid to not be at all accessible to wizards under level 90? Fine by me.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
lewski on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
Oh, so you want the Sand Squid to not be at all accessible to wizards under level 90? Fine by me.
Exactly! Right on the nose! It is sort of unfair for lower level Wizards to take on tougher challenges they aren't ready for yet, so, yeah, that's what I want, to have the Sand Squid un-accessible to Wizards under level 90 until they reached level 90+ & only that, nothing less.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Trimond297 on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
Exactly! Right on the nose! It is sort of unfair for lower level Wizards to take on tougher challenges they aren't ready for yet, so, yeah, that's what I want, to have the Sand Squid un-accessible to Wizards under level 90 until they reached level 90+ & only that, nothing less.
Yeah, it'll be an unpleasant surprise for players who accidentally stumble upon the boss. The first time I went through Atlantea two wizards in my team wanted to do the squid. The third one left, but I thought "Why not?" and we went to the squid. Luckily we knew what we were doing, so it wasn't too bad. But if someone doesn't know what it is, they'll have a bad time should they find the boss. I say make it accessible through the quest only.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I see no problem allowing lower levels access to the hidden level 90 bosses. If they can survive it, they deserve the chance at the pets and reagent drops. The quest won't come until later anyways, so they don't get that XP.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
seethe42 on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
I see no problem allowing lower levels access to the hidden level 90 bosses. If they can survive it, they deserve the chance at the pets and reagent drops. The quest won't come until later anyways, so they don't get that XP.
I agree. Same with the Gladiator. If KI wanted those to be only accessible to higher levels, they should have been in their own area. Some of us like taking on harder enemies so it's fun the way it is.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Frost Wind on Apr 2, 2015 wrote:
I agree. Same with the Gladiator. If KI wanted those to be only accessible to higher levels, they should have been in their own area. Some of us like taking on harder enemies so it's fun the way it is.
I'll third this motion. If someone wants to give it a try then why not? No pain, no gain and nothing lost if you don't succeed. The only problem I see is there will surely be players that'll be ticked off because they're "stuck with a noob" but hey, get over it. Everyone was new once and even seasoned players can get owned by these bosses.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
What I'm speaking of is that Wizards that have gained level 70 & accessed Atlantea should not be given access to the side quest that lets them fight that Zone's secret boss until they properly reach level 90+.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
What I'm speaking of is that Wizards that have gained level 70 & accessed Atlantea should not be given access to the side quest that lets them fight that Zone's secret boss until they properly reach level 90+.
Something must have changed if they are getting it. None of my wizards got the side quest from the daughters until they reached 90, but still had access to the battle. You don't need the quest to fight them. Many of my wizards fought them many times before getting the quest and have since gotten it. I stopped fighting them to save that XP for the next level limit upgrade.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Trimond297 on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Why? Kids love doing things that are too hard. If only for just the bragging rights, it is their idea of fun. It is too difficult for them? Then they will die trying, but most likely having a blast doing it. If it was in an open area where it interfered with your playing, I could see you having issue with the situation. But to blanketly say ONLY 90's get all the fun bosses makes no sense to me. It is all about having good clean fun, and since it is in a chamber, it does not affect you in any way. Actually, I thought it was wonderful that KI put those bosses in the lower chambers so anyone could give them a whirl across the dance floor.