Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tutorial Tip Error

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2021
Upon questing my 7th wizard, my myth wizard on his journey to max, I encountered the the Baba Yaga Witch’s House Call Tutorial Tip at level 108.

For starters, this quest has a prerequisite. Even if I teleported to the Arcanum (I didn’t have it unlocked yet) I must reach a certain main storyline quest (prerequisite) before I may do the Witch’s House Call quest. The same is true for all other schools - the tutorial tip from their Arcanum professor pops up at level 108 regardless if you’ve completed the prerequisite or not. To avoid confusion for newer players, it would be nice if the tutorial tip was delayed until you have completed the proper quest, instead of appearing at level 108. The level restriction is irrelevant now because the exp you gain in Khrysalis/Polaris sets you well above 110 before you step foot in the Arcanum. Most of the time I forget about the spell until I finish Polaris, then I realize that I had unlocked the quest.

There is also a spelling error on the Baba Yaga "Witch's House Call" Tutorial Tip. The dialogue audio itself is fine, but "not" should be "now" in the text.

I noticed that this issue didn’t appear again with the “level 118” spell quests in Mirage. These spell quests have the same restriction - a main storyline quest from the Arcanum. While this is a great step forward, there was no tutorial tip either, to my knowledge. As a result, these spells are certainly forgettable and I end up not getting them for a while, having forgotten them. Including a tutorial tip for the Mirage spells (appearing after the PREQUEST has been completed) would be very useful, and I’m sure fellow questers would appreciate it!

Administrator
B.StormCloud on Aug 16, 2021 wrote:
Upon questing my 7th wizard, my myth wizard on his journey to max, I encountered the the Baba Yaga Witch’s House Call Tutorial Tip at level 108.

For starters, this quest has a prerequisite. Even if I teleported to the Arcanum (I didn’t have it unlocked yet) I must reach a certain main storyline quest (prerequisite) before I may do the Witch’s House Call quest. The same is true for all other schools - the tutorial tip from their Arcanum professor pops up at level 108 regardless if you’ve completed the prerequisite or not. To avoid confusion for newer players, it would be nice if the tutorial tip was delayed until you have completed the proper quest, instead of appearing at level 108. The level restriction is irrelevant now because the exp you gain in Khrysalis/Polaris sets you well above 110 before you step foot in the Arcanum. Most of the time I forget about the spell until I finish Polaris, then I realize that I had unlocked the quest.

There is also a spelling error on the Baba Yaga "Witch's House Call" Tutorial Tip. The dialogue audio itself is fine, but "not" should be "now" in the text.

I noticed that this issue didn’t appear again with the “level 118” spell quests in Mirage. These spell quests have the same restriction - a main storyline quest from the Arcanum. While this is a great step forward, there was no tutorial tip either, to my knowledge. As a result, these spells are certainly forgettable and I end up not getting them for a while, having forgotten them. Including a tutorial tip for the Mirage spells (appearing after the PREQUEST has been completed) would be very useful, and I’m sure fellow questers would appreciate it!
Hi BStormCloud! Thank you for the report! I would suggest putting the spelling error under Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen category, just so it gets more visibility, and the Idea to make the tutorial tips a bit less confusing in The Dorms category. Again thank you for the reports!