Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Traps

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 21, 2009
there is some kind of bug in traps when i stack traps say i put a 70 %
3 25% it sometimes will not use one it may use the 3 25% traps and wont use the 70% flint trap i still kill the boss but it should not skip over traps like that not when there stacked i use balance traps , flint , fire trap , and fuel all these should stack and they do but sometimes it will skip a trap like flint or the balance fire trap. Fuel i know gives 3 and will be 2 left . just thought i would say something not sure if this is happening to anyone else.

cheers :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The only time that I have seen a trap skipped, is when:

You cast feint on your opponent, which is a mob or a boss, then the Mob or the boss casts feint...

Then, when you hit the mob or boss, it uses the 30% from their feint and not your feint...

Yes, this is a glitch, because it only happens when fighting a mob or boss... It should activate both traps...

My suggestion is to send in a support ticket...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
darthjt wrote:
The only time that I have seen a trap skipped, is when: You cast feint on your opponent, which is a mob or a boss, then the Mob or the boss casts feint... Then, when you hit the mob or boss, it uses the 30% from their feint and not your feint... Yes, this is a glitch, because it only happens when fighting a mob or boss... It should activate both traps... My suggestion is to send in a support ticket...
i'm not certain it is a glitch, cause it can work in your favor, too. if they cast the feint on you first, then you cast one on them, the 30% will then go off first on you and the 70% first on them. it may be the only potential advantage for going second. i don't know if this works the same way in pvp or not, though. in pve it can be useful as is, though. -eli and crew

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:

You cast feint on your opponent, which is a mob or a boss, then the Mob or the boss casts feint...

Then, when you hit the mob or boss, it uses the 30% from their feint and not your feint...

Yes, this is a glitch, because it only happens when fighting a mob or boss... It should activate both traps...

This happens sometimes even if the boss does not play flint, mostly if a death in party and plays a +20% on top of my flint. Even so all traps should activate . I'll try to take a screen shot next time idk whats going on with it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
redmist01 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

This happens sometimes even if the boss does not play flint, mostly if a death in party and plays a +20% on top of my flint. Even so all traps should activate . I'll try to take a screen shot next time idk whats going on with it.

It's the same theory. If someone puts on a newer trap, that doesn't stack with your previous ones then yes it will not activate all the traps. Trap stacking requires coordination from all wizards and in the right order.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
I actually had this problem for a while- not using feint at all as I never liked it.
If I laid down a trap after my +30% death trap, the +30% wouldn't activate. It would be the +20% damage Curse trap that I have generally.
Even after using the +20%, using another spell without adding more traps still wouldn't activate it.

One workaround I can suggest is figure out which one is the one that gets skipped most and lay it down last. It's the only thing that worked for me.