Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Wrong Schools have been Boosting on me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
My friends and I have started new characters after all the new updates and not playing for some time. We always play grouped up, so I am not sure if the problem my character is having is related to being in a group, or not. My character is Fire, and my two friends are Myth and Fire. Enemies from Death, Myth, Balance, Ice, Storm and Life are getting a boost from hitting my fire character. It is not happening to my friends Fire character, just mine. This has been happening since I created her. I noticed that sometimes it says boost, but the damage does not really seem like a boost hit, but most of the time it is.

Ice, which should be getting a boost from hitting my character, usually does, but not every time. I also feel like my damage is all over the place.

And since I started playing again after not playing for a while, could someone please confirm whether or not fire should be getting a boost from Life, because I only seem to get a boost from hitting Life if it is a boss and not every time, just sometimes.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
No enemy should be getting a boost on your character regardless of school. Damage boosts apply only to enemies and inside the Beastmoon events.

Check your Resistances tab. Are they at 1% for all of those schools? Because there is a visual glitch where if you only have 1% Resist applied, the game will erroneously say that the enemies have a boost against you.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
What world are you playing in? Starting in Celestia they started doing weird secondary triangles of magic that had other boosts. Boosts are creature specific and bosses will often have really weird boosts (you can see what they are on the Wizard101Central Wiki page for that creature). If you are playing Beastmoon they also have a different Roshambo that they use. Moral of the story: without more information it could just be the area that you are in/mobs you are facing. Though if that isn't the case then that does sound like a glitchy situation!

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
From my experience, its seems to be a display bug involving pierce. I think it sometimes shows when the enemy has more pierce than your resist (implies that -resist is a boost), but I don't think it actually increases their damage from what I've seen so I never reported it (dont fix what's not broken). Also it never seems to show when you have 0 resist.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
I do not play Beastmoon. This has been happening to me since the first street that shows boosts in Wizard City. The BOOST that showed when enemies from death, myth, balance, storm and ice schools hit me seemed to correct itself once I got to Celestia, but my friend, who is Myth, is still getting his boost from Storm, Balance and Ice which he has had since we started. My damage and heal amounts being all over the board are still an issue. My friend and I are now in Avalon, I may not be great at math but I do know that when my normal heal (with my percentage in and out with my own pixie is 460) and I critical healed with it and the crit heal (with no kind of spell on us or around us and no cheat with boss) I healed 504, that seems like there is a problem with the percentages attached to my character. I realize about percentages and damages and resistances and piercing from both sides, but I cannot get a handle on any of my hit cards dealing with any of the enemies, street or bosses because it almost seems like sometimes it hits what I expect and other times it is far from it. I just keep pushing along so I can play with my friend. We are still only playing grouped up. So I was not sure if the issue might be with that.

Thanks for the replies.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2018
I've been seeing the very same issue. Ice enemies would boost my Ice Wizard or a Balance would boost my Ice Wizard and they were actual boosts on me. I have really decent Resist yet I get hit so hard like im wearing basically nothing at all lol. I laugh at it now as this is so common anymore, but thinking about this its actually very unfair. I agree there are some weird and odd stuff happening. For example, I've seen bosses and regular enemies cast spells they didn't have the pips for and cast spells that didn't even belong to their school. Now, I know there is a thing where you can "Mutate" a card to have a spell fit your school, this is common but I can't figure out how lol. Anyways, yes bugs O' plenty around.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2022
Hi!

I decided to download the Steam version of W101, and I have been having the same issue where from the start, enemies (yes, in Wizard City) have been getting their damage boosted on me.

I have armor/resistance to all types of magic with my current gear I have on, and only sometimes do I get resistance from Ice (I have 3-4% resist n Ice and 1% on everything else).

Not sure if this is intentional or a bug...

At least I'm not the only one seeing this.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I have been experiencing the same issue on my level 37 death wizard! I have resistance armor on for all schools, and every school boosts on me except for myth?! Its so weird since I have pretty decent armor for right now. I’m playing I just got to mooshu with all schools boosting on me & I’m wondering what could be causing it or if it is just a glitch?