Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

team-up badges

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Has anyone else tried to get the team leader badge? Have you ran into the weird problem where you go into battle with the four people who teamed up, and after they're dead it says "No Team Up! credit awarded - In this dungeon, players being helped must be present in combat to gain credit." However, everyone was in combat when the boss and minions were defeated. This has happened to me like 10 times, I would have that badge by now, but with this glitch it's slowed me down by a lot.

Don't get me wrong, when the person who needed help was actually excluded or left, then it properly gave me no credits. But when the person was there?? Should've given me and the other helpers credit. Shake my head.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Here's a weird little thing about team-up that might explain why you occasionally get this message even when everyone seems to participate in the battle: the original person who requested the team-up may have dropped out without anyone realizing.

Once I joined a single person who had asked for a team up in a higher level world. As I waited for the clock to tick down, normally I wouldn't pay any attention to it. But one day I happened to look up and see that it said, "Waiting." Waiting, what the heck...? When I clicked to open the timer, it showed me by myself "waiting" for other members to join. Basically, the person who had originally asked for a team-up had dropped out, but the system kept me in the queue!

Then it looked like *I* was the one who'd asked for a team-up.

I've actually watched as someone else joined just as the first person dropped out, then the new wizard and I went in and did the battle, but the original wizard wasn't there so we don't get the credit for "helping." At the end of the battle we both got that message you're complaining about.

Since then, I keep an eye on the timer and if it switches to "waiting" instead of counting down, I immediately click to drop out of the team-up queue.

Alia Misthaven

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Attempt to team up via the portal outside the Bazaar, to see if this makes a difference.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Freshta on Jan 8, 2018 wrote:
Here's a weird little thing about team-up that might explain why you occasionally get this message even when everyone seems to participate in the battle: the original person who requested the team-up may have dropped out without anyone realizing.

Once I joined a single person who had asked for a team up in a higher level world. As I waited for the clock to tick down, normally I wouldn't pay any attention to it. But one day I happened to look up and see that it said, "Waiting." Waiting, what the heck...? When I clicked to open the timer, it showed me by myself "waiting" for other members to join. Basically, the person who had originally asked for a team-up had dropped out, but the system kept me in the queue!

Then it looked like *I* was the one who'd asked for a team-up.

I've actually watched as someone else joined just as the first person dropped out, then the new wizard and I went in and did the battle, but the original wizard wasn't there so we don't get the credit for "helping." At the end of the battle we both got that message you're complaining about.

Since then, I keep an eye on the timer and if it switches to "waiting" instead of counting down, I immediately click to drop out of the team-up queue.

Alia Misthaven
I never even considered that even though I've been in that position before. Thank you!!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I was under the impression the only way to get Team-Up "credit" was to use the kiosk by the bazaar...not via any other method.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Oran of Urz on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
I was under the impression the only way to get Team-Up "credit" was to use the kiosk by the bazaar...not via any other method.
You can also buy a team up kiosk to keep at your house, I like this because it keeps me from getting dumped into crowded area after each battle, i just port to my dorm instead of exiting the room

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
You can also buy a team up kiosk to keep at your house, I like this because it keeps me from getting dumped into crowded area after each battle, i just port to my dorm instead of exiting the room
Your right I forgot about that option.

What I meant was, I didn't think you could get credit by using the Team-Up at the dungeon sigil, only at a kiosk (either at bazaar or your castle).