Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Has Ridiculous Fizzling Rates?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2014
Hi, so I was just wondering if storm spells fizzle simply because they are storm spells, not because they have low accuracy? I've been keeping track, and my storm attack spells have been fizzling well over 50% of the time, when, statistically, they should really be fizzling only 30% of the time. Plus, I have a 2% accuracy boost for storm. They even fizzle when I cast a precision, which brings the accuracy to 92%, while the life spells I cast with 90% accuracy RARELY fizzle. Is this just bad luck, or is there something wrong with the fizzle rates for storm spells?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Don't worry, when you get to lvl 60+, storm has the best accuracy in the game. Especially when you get to Darkmoor gear which brings your accuracy to 30, effectively canceling fizzling since 70+30=100 and you can attach even more accuracy using jewels and get to 50 accuracy (I have seen people do this to cancel out accuracy debuffs)

I'm just glad Storm wizards don't have as low of accuracy as Carcarious Grimtooth.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Finnigan Daybreake... on May 30, 2016 wrote:
Hi, so I was just wondering if storm spells fizzle simply because they are storm spells, not because they have low accuracy? I've been keeping track, and my storm attack spells have been fizzling well over 50% of the time, when, statistically, they should really be fizzling only 30% of the time. Plus, I have a 2% accuracy boost for storm. They even fizzle when I cast a precision, which brings the accuracy to 92%, while the life spells I cast with 90% accuracy RARELY fizzle. Is this just bad luck, or is there something wrong with the fizzle rates for storm spells?
Every single spell has a possibility of fizzling. Storm's fizzle rate is highest (base) because they have the strongest base spells while Life is one of the lowest. It doesn't mean Life is not powerful, they can be, but you really have to boost power. For Storm, work on getting the best gear you can, with an accuracy boosts. My storms wizards rarely fizzle; their accuracy rate is extremely high thanks to gear and jewel boosts.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
To be honest I've noticed it's been that way for years. I think the accuracy numbers are simply just for show for the most part and not the actual number of probability for a spell to cast.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
That extra 10% fizzling rate really does a number on your fizzling rate. However, the damage that the Storm spells do makes up for it entirely. I always try to keep at least two or three cards of the spell that I'm planning on using on hand in case it fizzles.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
As you get higher level, Storm has the best accuracy gear boosts and it goes away. At the highest levels my Death fizzles most followed by Myth and Life. My Storm never does unless charmed and even then it's rare.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on May 31, 2016 wrote:
As you get higher level, Storm has the best accuracy gear boosts and it goes away. At the highest levels my Death fizzles most followed by Myth and Life. My Storm never does unless charmed and even then it's rare.
That's what I noticed too. I actually loaded Infallible back into my spellbooks on my Death wizards because I was getting so mad with how often they were fizzling.