Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Special Even Button Bug + Deck Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
Hello! I am back playing Wizard101 after a break, and I really wanted to get into the special events that happen periodically. However, I am (and always have been) a bug magnet in games. For the past few days I have noticed two reproducible bugs that have been annoying me. So I thought I'd make a post to report about them. The two bugs are as follows:

1. The "Special Event" button that appears at the top-right of the screen (next to the Friends button) will frequently not show up when loading into the game initially. This is not 100% consistent. I would say about 7 out of 10 times the button will not show up. The only fix to this is to exit the game into the character select menu and then load back into the game and hope the button is there. This happens when not in combat. As I understand that the button will disappear intentionally once combat has been initiated.

2. The second bug is that for some reason, if you have a deck with an enchanted version of Reshuffle (not a treasure card, but in the bottom section of the deck) added by either a jewel or a piece of gear and you have the Reshuffle disabled (as in having a red X through it) whenever you exit the game and re-enter it will be reactivated by itself. As in, the red X that appears will automatically be disabled and you will have access to the Reshuffle once again. This is a minor annoyance since I frequently have it disabled intentionally as it is not needed for small battles. This bug is reproducible every single time for me. However, it seems to only be an issue with the enchanted version of Reshuffle and the bug doesn't seem to happen to any other card.

Hopefully you guys can get these squashed when you get a chance. Thanks!

Administrator
Eathe on Dec 20, 2020 wrote:
Hello! I am back playing Wizard101 after a break, and I really wanted to get into the special events that happen periodically. However, I am (and always have been) a bug magnet in games. For the past few days I have noticed two reproducible bugs that have been annoying me. So I thought I'd make a post to report about them. The two bugs are as follows:

1. The "Special Event" button that appears at the top-right of the screen (next to the Friends button) will frequently not show up when loading into the game initially. This is not 100% consistent. I would say about 7 out of 10 times the button will not show up. The only fix to this is to exit the game into the character select menu and then load back into the game and hope the button is there. This happens when not in combat. As I understand that the button will disappear intentionally once combat has been initiated.

2. The second bug is that for some reason, if you have a deck with an enchanted version of Reshuffle (not a treasure card, but in the bottom section of the deck) added by either a jewel or a piece of gear and you have the Reshuffle disabled (as in having a red X through it) whenever you exit the game and re-enter it will be reactivated by itself. As in, the red X that appears will automatically be disabled and you will have access to the Reshuffle once again. This is a minor annoyance since I frequently have it disabled intentionally as it is not needed for small battles. This bug is reproducible every single time for me. However, it seems to only be an issue with the enchanted version of Reshuffle and the bug doesn't seem to happen to any other card.

Hopefully you guys can get these squashed when you get a chance. Thanks!
Hi Eathe! When you load in, whereabout are you? Does it not show up in the same locations or does it seem random? So, when you load back into the game in the same area it will sometimes show up?

Good catch on the other one, will take a look there too.
Thanks!