Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sparck - bit.ly link issue

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi Sparck,

IDK if I am the only one with this issue or what I can do to avoid it but every link you add with bit.ly is blocked by my anti-virus or provider. I get the options of 'advanced' or 'Back to safety'. If I click 'advanced' it says, 'This server could not prove that it is bit.ly; its security certificate is from contentcontrol.vodafone.co.uk. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.' Then I only get the option to go 'Back to safety'.

If I am the only one getting this is there a reason or solution ou can think of please? If not, is there an alternative way you can upload things please?

Sorry for being 'noob' about this, I'd just like to see what you're posting

I'm using Norton antivirus btw...idk if that's important or not if you look at this post/issue...please help!

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
Hi Sparck,

IDK if I am the only one with this issue or what I can do to avoid it but every link you add with bit.ly is blocked by my anti-virus or provider. I get the options of 'advanced' or 'Back to safety'. If I click 'advanced' it says, 'This server could not prove that it is bit.ly; its security certificate is from contentcontrol.vodafone.co.uk. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.' Then I only get the option to go 'Back to safety'.

If I am the only one getting this is there a reason or solution ou can think of please? If not, is there an alternative way you can upload things please?

Sorry for being 'noob' about this, I'd just like to see what you're posting

I'm using Norton antivirus btw...idk if that's important or not if you look at this post/issue...please help!
Hi Victoria! Almost missed your message here, glad I saw it!

Hmm, do you happen to ever click on any other short-links like this from other providers, such as Google's service? Any of those work without this issue?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
Hi Victoria! Almost missed your message here, glad I saw it!

Hmm, do you happen to ever click on any other short-links like this from other providers, such as Google's service? Any of those work without this issue?
Hyperlinks usually work and I've not had any other site actually blocked completely like this. I doesn't even give me the option to continue, just go back 'Back to safety'. It says 'Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from bit.ly (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID'

I'm not sure what's causing it or how to over-ride it so I can still check things out eg the link on this thread.

Thank you so much for getting back to me about it! I hope you can work out how I can fix it. In case it helps, the system is windows 10 and the antivirus is Norton.

Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!