Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slow start

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
My game takes forever to start. I thought it was because I had been away for awhile so it had to reload everything, but this has been going on for months. It takes at least 15 to 20 minutes to start the game, and I'm not on a slow computer! Any suggestions?

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Maybe you have a slow Internet Connection?
You can preform an Internet Connection Speed Test at various websites on the Internet.

I would say from my past, I have needed at least a 5 MB (Mbps) Internet connection to run the game smoothly.

If the Internet Connection isn't the issue, it may be time to contact support.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
this happened to me too. my internet connection was much better than brilliant! so, what i did was:
Uninstall wizard101 and install it again. then it loaded as normal as it would take (the second time though because the first time it would have to create the files again )

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Mage Ranger on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
this happened to me too. my internet connection was much better than brilliant! so, what i did was:
Uninstall wizard101 and install it again. then it loaded as normal as it would take (the second time though because the first time it would have to create the files again )
This!

I also had to uninstall and reinstall because of slow load. I did so after support told me that was what i had to do.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009