Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silver Trumpet Vines & Balance Blade bug?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Umm, if this is a bug, let me say I'm very happy about it. In the update prior to Wintertusk release you had stated that balance blades were being removed from the drops of silver trumpet vines. I had some planted and was hoping to get some blades prior to the release. I only got one harvest in before the release. Since the release, I had not had any balance blades as expected. Until last night. Those plants went to elder last night and lo and behold, I had a number of them drop balance blades. Not all of them, but quite a few.

Is this a bug or has KI listened to our plea not to remove them? Having them drop only at elder harvest is a great help to those of us that use them as intended. We still have them available for a little extra boost for that super tough boss, but perhaps there won't be enough of them to be abused and inundate the bazaar. Thanks KI, no need to fix this bug! ;)

Administrator
This was covered in the Update Notes, young Wizard.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes
Silver Trumpet Vines will no longer reward the Treasure Card 'Balance Blade' but have a chance of rewarding 'Spirit Shield' and 'Elemental Shield' instead.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Silver Trumpet Vines will no longer reward the Treasure Card 'Balance Blade' but have a chance of rewarding 'Spirit Shield' and 'Elemental Shield' instead.

you didn't read what he said. He said

"...Those plants went to elder last night and lo and behold, I had a number of them drop balance blades. "

The elder silver trumpet vines are still dropping balance blades.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010

With respect Professor, this does not cover my concern. I was attempting to report a possible bug because of the above stated update. I'm still getting balance blades was my concern. I wanted to be sure we didn't have some type gardening glitch that would result in another round of exploitation.

However another helpful wizard has indicated that it is likely due to the fact that these were planted before the update and that I won't see balance blades on any subsequent plantings. Forgive me for cluttering up my post with my hopes that you had changed your mind. I was confused by getting the balance blades and I confused you as a result. Sorry, I tend to be long winded sometimes. Next time I won't look a gift horse in the mouth! Thanks!

Administrator
I checked with our lead design Wizard and the following clarification is required.

Silver Trumpet Vines will no longer reward the Treasure Card 'Balance Blade' as a harvest at the Mature stage but have a chance of rewarding 'Spirit Shield' and 'Elemental Shield' instead.

Balance Blade is still possible on an Elder stage harvest.

Apologies for the confusion, seems there was a miscommunication on our side regarding how this item was changed.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Woo HOO!! Thanks Professor! You guys are so awesome! You put up with all our grumpiness and still maintain a sense of humor! It's part of what makes your product so special. Thanks again!