Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shadow backlash

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2016
are there any new updates for backlash with shadow spells? its making the spells useless, in the past if you did what the shadow creature liked u took little or no backlash now you take backlash every use. please fix so we can use shadow spells once again. I truly like them and wish to keep them in my arsenal.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Sadly, there's no updates that have been hinted at atm. Hopefully, we'll see something by Fall Test Realm. With the nerf on the Shadow Pip gain, it's harder to use a shadow spell + the backlash is extremely high. There's almost no point now to Shrike unless you know you're going to kill the enemy. If you don't kill, you're gonna take a lot of damage. Also, with the 2 pip shadow spells nerfed, there's no point to use those either.

So to point out some changes that I think should be done for Test Realm, here's a list:
  • Shadow Shrike's backlash should be lowered back down to 30 (from 40) OR the ability to double reduce backlash should be re-added (preferably the latter option).
  • Dark Nova's damage should be increased to 1,300 (from 1,200)
  • Dark Fiend's and Dark Shepherd's damage should be increased by 100 to 1,015 and 915, respectively.
  • Donate Shadow Pip should only cost 1 shadow pip but cost 2 (or 4) regular pips to cast.
    - This one I didn't talk about above but now since it's so difficult to get 2 shadow pips due to the gauge, Donate Shadow Pip is almost useless to use. I rarely ever saw it used in the first place and now I never see it used since the shadow gauge update.

What do you all think about this list?